Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What do you miss?

yuffie4ever

Ohh god, there are so many things here that i really miss. I'll only name the two here that i miss the most.

Harry potter the books and movies! (The books where the best!)

Then i really miss the old avatar series with Aang. I was in love with kataara as a child <3 I am watching all the seasons at least 5 times a year <3

When Rareware got bought by Microsoft I think that's when my childhood fell into the toilet. Not only did they castrate Banjo-Kazooie by making Nuts and Bolts which didn't even retain the same great gameplay and character drive, but they never released any Conker sequel and cancelled the highly anticipated Donkey Kong Racing and a DK64 sequel. They were one of my most favorite video game developers but because of lust and greed, they partnered up with the death machine.

Yes i am really dissapointed they didn't release a conker sequel! I loved the game in all kinds of ways! ( I played the XboX version of it though )

Edited by Rain Dance

I have four main shows I miss the most when it comes to tv series;

Zoom the dolphine

Doctor Snuggles

Kimba the White Lion

and Firefly

Sadly unlike Firefly the first 3 are insanely difficult to find on dvd. All I've found is old tape recorder recordings of random shows on Youtube.

As for books there is only one author I miss because the rest of mine are all still alive and kicking... Mr Isaac Asimov

I miss the old Spongebob...I've probably seen all the old episodes like a billion times...I tried watching some of the newer Spongebob episodes and they completely sucked...

Time to fill your mind with nostalgic moments!

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfsjmdBQ_dc

I personally miss things like Fosters Home For Imaginary Friends and The Powerpuff Girls. And I really miss those really awesome cereal commercials where they would have that bad ass bear dominating these snakes and tigers who tried to steal his cereal. I forgot the name. D:

Edited by Calirolls
  • Brohoof 2

When A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones end so will my life.

Er.

I mean.

I really like Game of Thrones! I dunno what I would do without my daily does of murder, conspiracy, whoring, and Kit Harington.

So many good examples, but one I really miss that was canceled is King of the Hill. The frequent subtle humor and incredible plot kept me going. I like the stereotypical Texans too xD

And now it is...

The Cleveland Show -_-

I remember having a hissy fit when I was little and they stopped airing Animaniacs. Even recently, I watched some episodes on Youtube and I still love it far too much. It's smart, witty and they use the perfect amount of adult and pop culture humor that it feels more natural rather than tacked on to entertain parents. Not only that, but it's somewhat educational. Why can't cartoons be like that again? :(

Animaniacs was one of the last great cartoons on before MLP. I still miss it a lot. After a spectacular first few years the show just kind of drifted, putting out less and less material (although their spoofs of Pocahontas and Friends were great). But ultimately it was killed off for the wrong reason: WB got a new CEO, programming director or whatever he was who decided Animaniacs was attracting too many adult viewers as well as child viewers because everyone who saw it found it hilarious. Instead of seeing a wider audience as an advantage and a reason to keep the show going, he pulled the plug on it (and other shows) because it didn't fit his vision of what the network should be like. And with that decision, the legacy of WB cartoons pretty much died.

But the memories live on. And BTW, Dot was best Animaniac. xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si5Q8RReaGs

Edited by TailsAlone
  • Brohoof 1

• 10 years later...

I miss Star Wars, by which I mean George Lucas’ Star Wars. Disney’s regurgitated swill isn’t Star Wars by any definition.

I also miss James Bond (the movies made by Albert Broccoli and not his frustrated no-talent daughter).

I miss movies and shows that put story first and not political/woke agendas that alienate most of their audience.

• Brohoof 1

Kizuna Ai and Kaguya Luna, they seem to stop.

Kirby Coco, miss it, just become fan after she retired.

Comic Books, didn't buy any or even go to city centre much cos I haven't got a job,

Spyro the Dragon games, when will it come out? will it be on PS4 & 5?

Conan O'Brein, miss his funnies,

i miss the Nintendo ds/3ds days 

i miss the years 2017/2018

and very recently a few people they had such a huge impact on my life a few people from the internet and a person that died almost half a year ago I missed their funeral that is something i will never forgive myself for

i did say my goodbye in a church in a different country while i was on vacation

• Brohoof 1

18 hours ago, Misty Brightdawn said:

and very recently a few people they had such a huge impact on my life a few people from the internet and a person that died almost half a year ago I missed their funeral that is something i will never forgive myself for

i did say my goodbye in a church in a different country while i was on vacation

awww sweetie (just gives a HUGE HUG)

old school pizza rolls.......... from the late 90s

Star Fox versus the future

I've been playing a lot of Starfox games lately and notably I grew up around the time we were regularly getting games and damn does the current hiatus really depress me. Not seen since the disappointing Zero and since we've only seen in a crossover with a game no one bought because it featured an outdated gimmick. I remember when 64, Adventures, Assault and Command came out(screw you I liked them!). Since we've only gotten remakes of 64 two times in a row, I'd really wonder why they went with such a boneheaded move. I just found out about a rumor saying they're gonna do a soft reboot of the series(hopefully set after Assault) and I hope it's true, I just want more adventures with the boys again :worry:, speaking of which

Cries Of Agony - Star Fox Assault - English [4K] - YouTube

Krystal too. Poor girl's been snubbed the worst, being completely MIA since Command. She deserves to come back as much as the rest of them too, at the very least she deserves a better send off then Command :(

Staying on the subject of Waifus

todo mundo é lésbica! on Twitter: "Franziska Von Karma de Ace Attorney é  lésbica! (headcanon) https://t.co/k7stNtQCa6" / Twitter

When are going to get to see Franziska Von Karma, the best prosecutor, come back? Even Klavier Gavin got to return, when can my girl get her come back?

Most importantly however

A Newcomer's Guide To Big Boss - Game Informer

MAH BOI SNAKE! I know about that rumor of MGS3 getting a remake, and while I'm wary about modern Konami(especially after the debacle with Survive), I'd jump on this in a heart beat. Heck, I'll gladly take some remasters on modern platforms while I'm at it, MG Rising 2, heck a remake of Ghost Babel! At this rate, we're looking at the first console generation without a new Metal Gear, or any Metal Gear games readily available(afaik, MGS2 and 3 got delisted and Konami has yet to bring them back despite saying they would), it's too cruel! :sunny:

Edited by Megas