Yellow Diamond

75 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Luna has something in the future apparently, excited to see what is going to happen. She had a magic book and all, so something is definitely is store.

finally someone else noticed it! Possible foreshadowing of the season finale perhaps?
  • Brohoof 3

A pretty good start to what looks to be a pretty good season heading our way. I'll try to analyze this a bit later but for the time being, my thoughts are sticking to how Sombra's character could have been done better; the lack of lines indicate that he's just another typical villain with some super power. Not like, say, Chrysalis who was enjoyable in the sense that you could somehow appreciate her power-lusting personality.

I'm also going to say that A Canterlot Wedding was a lot more enjoyable than this one.

Edited by Alfonzo Dennard
  • Brohoof 6

Discord > Chrysalis > Nightmare Moon > King Sombra

Wish it was a three-parter so we could've seen Sombra mix it up but at least he didn't get the Element of Harmony DEATH RAINBOW!~ we've been used to seeing.

Awesome start to what looks like an awesome season. Rarity with dat reprise at the end.

Ooh funnel cake.

• Brohoof 8

wait so once again applejack has to be put into a situation where she has to lie and make up excuses even though shes the element of Honesty like when she had to lie to pinkie

She did a pretty good job of not lying for most of them - she just redirected them to other activities.
  • Brohoof 3

good episode but the wrost of the two parters. how ever i rely like he episode because i had a fear it would be pandoring to bronies more but nope :3 heres to another 11 great episodes of season 3 to come

ok reading all this I wonder

Am the only one that thinks that this premiere cannot even remotly hold a cadndle to the first two premieres (I am not even going to comare it with the season 2 finale) ?

It was good all around but average episode at best :P

I see so much praise in here and I don't get it

• Brohoof 5

finally someone else noticed it! Possible foreshadowing of the season finale perhaps?

Yes, Twilight's next level of her studies perhaps.

At the end before they had begun singing (again), I almost thought Twilight would emerge from the door with alicorn wings, like that sketchy picture we've all seen floating around.

ok reading all this I wonder

Am the only one that thinks that this premiere cannot even remotly hold a cadndle to the first two premieres (I am not even going to comare it with the season 2 finale) ?

It was good all around but average episode at best :P

I see so much praise in here and I don't get it

Maybe because the entire season is going to be more tied together, like a whole story, only a beginning I guess. But I have to agree with you there, wasn't as extreme as the first two season premiers. Edited by DeltaTangent
  • Brohoof 3

This. Was. BEAUTIFUL

Everything about this premiere was beautiful. The characters, the setting, the style, EVEN THE LAME ASS VILLAIN was so fucking GORGEOUS! The animation has improved SO much ever since the last season. I saw a couple little previews for the future episodes, and holy shit, this'll be the best season YET.

• Brohoof 3

Oh my, this was an absolutely fantastic way to start Season 3!!!! The songs were great, the message of self-sacrifice for the greater good was great, the Mane 6 and Spike were a joy to see again, along with Cadence and Shining Armor! The laughs were great, the action and suspense was great, and as usual, the magic of friendship was great!

I guess the only thing I was disappointed by was King Sombra. Don't get me wrong, he was a scary and dangerous threat; I guess I was just expecting a little more dialogue from him, but hey, we probably wouldn't have gotten nearly as much of the Mane 6's shenanigans at the Crystal Fair if he'd had more screen time. Also, is it just me, or is this the first villain they've actually, more or less, basically killed? I mean, he kinda blew up at the end there, it's not like he was purified or sent flying like Queen Chrysalis and the Changelings.

All in all, Season 3 is off to a great start! From what the commercials indicated, we can expect some fantastic episodes this season, including, quite possibly, a Scootaloo episode! Also, anypony else besides me catch the shot of Rarity and AJ filified? OMG, if the Mane 6 get filified, that'll be too cute!!!! See ya'll next week, same time, same place!!!!!!!! MLP's back baby, it's back!!!!!!!!! B)

• Brohoof 7

Yes, Twilight's next level of her studies perhaps.

At the end before they had begun singing (again), I almost thought Twilight would emerge from the door with alicorn wings, like that sketchy picture we've all seen floating around.

Maybe because the entire season is going to be more tied together, like a whole story, only a beginning I guess. But I have to agree with you there, wasn't as extreme as the first two season premiers.

what picture are you talking about?

UUUUUUGH WHEN WILL IT BE POSTED

I MISSED IT BECAUSE OF LIFE

SCREW YOU LIFE

Seriously, this happened with Season 2, as well. It sucks! It's like waiting for a Magikarp to evolve, but the Magikarp is shiny. Luckily, once the video is uploaded, my Magikarp will be a totally awesome legit shiny Gyrados. Does anypony have any intel at all?

• Brohoof 3

After Nightmare Moon, Discord and Queen Chrysalis I feel kind of let down by King Sombra. He had great potential and the two parter was still decent but all we saw from him was "once upon a time there was this evil king" *cue evil laughter* and a few sentences, it takes more than that to make a good villain.

• Brohoof 4

The villain was underdeveloped - so sad! We have no idea of his personality at all! Cool design but we didn't really get to know him.

Agreed. He was onscreen for a minute or two total. Discord was onscreen for two full episodes.

Had potential, but was wasted imo.

...Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor.

That was everything I'd hoped for and more. If I really must complain about something it's that the second episode began to drag a little while the others tried to stall for time. Other than that, I have no qualms in saying that out of the two-parters, this now stands as my favorite. Also, do I spy the hint of an overarching story arc taking place? :wub:

• Brohoof 5

I thought the episodes were okay, first off I think that the travel to the Crystal empire felt a bit rushed and so did both the episodes. They were good but I honestly expected better. Oh and I liked the songs :)

I almost forgot, GAK GAK GAK

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 3

AMAZING STORY :D I loved how the climax was building up from 3 different places. Also CADENCES CUTIE MARK IS THE CRYSTAL HEART :o I've always wondered what that was. Nice :P I think the history song was ok, but everything else was epic. That villain looked really good, wish we could've seen more of him. So sad he was completely destroyed so we won't be seeing him again. Really nicely designed.

It's at a perfect time for all UK bronies as well :D 3 PM on a Saturday hell yea!

• Brohoof 1