Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

No more Twinkies or Wonder Bread ;_;

Lady Rarity Pony

You know those Twinkies that always appear with depictions stereotypical fat Americans?

Well, NOT ANYMORE.

Hostess Brand Inc., the business that produces Twinkies and Wonder Bread (both very unhealthy, but very delicious), has gone bankrupt and will be going out of business.

Source.

This is undeniable proof that the end of the world is near.

Thoughts?

• Brohoof 6

I don't mind, I never really was into either of those. They were just one of those meh things. Twinkies tasted like old too artificially sweetened whipped cream smashed in cardboard dust tubes. Wonderbread was just something my parents never got, so I never really knew the joy of it.

• Brohoof 1

Well this sucks... Now I can't have a decent sandwich without thinking it could have been a wonder bread sandwich... and the best zombie comedy ever (Zombieland) doesn't have a point anymore!

• Brohoof 3

I never was into either of those. So it doesn't really bother me... Still strange to see them have to shut down, though.

No, wait...

Posted Image

Those are made by Hostess?! T_T

Posted Image

• Brohoof 16

They're selling their brands, so we may see Twinkies endure yet.

This is the result of a labor dispute where they wanted to reduce wages and benefits for their workers despite massively increasing salaries for top executives. If they had owned up on their previous bad business decisions and cut their own pay instead of trying to take it out of the workers' checks instead, the strike would have never happened. Moral of the story: Don't treat your workers like crap while soaking up an 80% pay increase or several million in compensation packages.

• Brohoof 3

No more Zingers? Damn it all to hell, get what I can while I can I guess. :(

Too bad about Wonder Bread too, but Butternut and Sara Lee are better anyways. ;)

They're selling their brands, so we may see Twinkies endure yet.

This is the result of a labor dispute where they wanted to reduce wages and benefits for their workers despite massively increasing salaries for top executives. If they had owned up on their previous bad business decisions and cut their own pay instead of trying to take it out of the workers' checks instead, the strike would have never happened. Moral of the story: Don't treat your workers like crap while soaking up an 80% pay increase or several million in compensation packages.

Someone better save the Zingers! :o Edited by (\SBB64/)
  • Brohoof 1

While I find no difference in one company's unhealthy junk food to another company's unhealthy junk food, still, it's unfortunate to see the company go out of business after going for so long. Mostly because of all the people that will lose jobs, but also because it's an old company and some people really like it. But they're selling off some of their products and there will of course always be imitators, so the population won't really be completely out of Hostess' products.

Still, this doesn't affect me much, but it is interesting.

• Brohoof 1

Well atleast you still got those, Little Debbie imitations to keep you going. I'll be honest, I always thought those Twinkies had the same texture as soggy bread & not a whole lot of taste. Still, it sucks for those 18,000 unemployed people...

• Brohoof 1

Dont worry everypony as the wise tallahassee told you all we will still have em in mexico. You can all come here and have a good time while eating what are called here SUBMARINOS

Posted Image

• Brohoof 3

Dont worry everypony as the wise tallahassee told you all we will still have em in mexico. You can all come here and have a good time while eating what are called here SUBMARINOS

Posted Image

Oh, man how could I forget those. Personally, I preffer those frozen Gansitos or some Chocoroles pastries but Submarinos are just as good.

I cannot believe it. Hohos, twinkies, dingdongs and cupcakes defined my life (in a good way.) and now they're being sold on Ebay for >$100.00. is this really what our economy has come to?

Oh, man how could I forget those. Personally, I preffer those frozen Gansitos or some Chocoroles pastries but Submarinos are just as good.

My friend trust me the really GDLK treat here in my wonderfull country are the Mighty Mamuts. Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Cookies that together shown te perfect balance of sweet glory

My hatred for Hostess products aside, hearing this made me feel a little bit sad. Hostess is a pop culture icon, especially the Twinkie (its most famous product). It's a company full of products adored through generations, kids, adults, and elderly alike. So it's rather disappointing to see their products no longer being made.

To be honest, they are good when not consumed in copious amounts everyday. For instance, I know I will have some around the 27th (For various reasons. :ph34r:), and I look forward to that a bit, but it's only because I haven't had such treats in maybe a couple of years. Maybe I will miss them much later, but now? I'm not worried.

My friend trust me the really GDLK treat here in my wonderfull country are the Mighty Mamuts. Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Cookies that together shown te perfect balance of sweet glory

Those things are expensive as hell where I live & I gotta say, American sweets just don't hit that spot once you've grown accustomed to that sweetness from Mexico.

Note: Should buy a box of Hostess Twinkies to resell in the future. Apparently that's going to be a thing now...

Edited by SrFrog

*Doesn't live in America*

*Never had any of these products*

*Likes maple syrup*

What is this thread all about, eh?

;)

well no loss to me ~

Basically they're these creme-filled fatty desert snacks with either a chocolate or dough covering. They're really good. It's hard to explain unless you've had them.

And the company that makes them went out of business.

Those things are expensive as hell where I live & I gotta say, American sweets just don't hit that spot once you've grown accustomed to that sweetness from Mexico.

My friend as I always say to my pals on the US and other countries. Life in Mexico may not be as good, but damn it is TASTY

btw if your ever need to land Mexico City you have a place to crash =D

• Brohoof 2

No need to fret, those patents are highly desireable so even if it's not Hostess anymore, Twinkies will continue to exist. Trust me. (No I'm not a doctor or Aladdin. But still...)

I've never been a fan of the Hostess company as a whole. But as long as they get rid of their god awful catchphrases that they've been using I'm fine with it.

"Hey where's the cream filling? Hostess, now that's the stuff."

• Brohoof 2

As stated above, those products will continue to be manufactured by somebody else. No worries. Still, I'm going to go buy a box of Twinkies and a bag of Wonder Bread as mementos of a bygone era in American junk food.

• Brohoof 1

Thank the workers that gone on strike for this, and once the company falls, their jobs are gone, and I guess we'll have to go to Canada or Mexico for Wonder Bread.