Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sandwiches

Party Cannon

I am sorely disappointed that nobody has called out the One True Sandwich.

The club

Ham, turkey, bacon, lettuce, cheddar cheese, Swiss cheese, and mayonnaise between three slices of toasted sourdough bread. It cannot be outdone.

Other than that, a good pastrami on rye is tough to beat, same with a good meatball sandwich (but please, none of that nonsense that Quiznos or Subway tries to pass off as meatballs!), or just about anything from Jimmy John's.

...also, the crispy chicken club at McDonald's is a guilty pleasure of mine.

• Brohoof 3

The Elvis:

Peanut Butter (Crunchy or Creamy)

Bacon

Banana

Between 2 slices of bread. Toasting is optional.

If this isn't available then a good ol' ham sandwich does the trick. However I put onion, lettuce and hot sauce on it. I want some Prosciutto now...

self prepared:

-Japanese style ultra soft bread with virginia ham (no condiments or sauce)

-hard crust burger bread with a non standard general tso chicken breast

-honey glazed fried dory with sub style bread

-hot dog bun /w pork sausage, sliced bacon, onions, MSG, and custom tomato based sauce

restaurants

-some fancy $60+ kobe beef sandwich with custom sauce

-sourdough /w roasted beef in brown sauce

• Brohoof 1

My favorite sandwich generally tends to look something like this:

1) A bread roll. It has to be nice and crispy, and preferably fresh-baked.

2) Garlic Butter.

3) Salami, the more thinly sliced, the better.

4) Ham, honey-smoked if possible. Again, the thinner, the better.

5) Around here, I like adding some curry powder.

6) Swiss cheese. Lots of it.

7) Now the top half of mah bread roll.

This all goes into the microwave for half a minute, and comes out delicious.

• Brohoof 1

The club

Ham, turkey, bacon, lettuce, cheddar cheese, Swiss cheese, and mayonnaise between three slices of toasted sourdough bread. It cannot be outdone.

Other than that, a good pastrami on rye is tough to beat, same with a good meatball sandwich (but please, none of that nonsense that Quiznos or Subway tries to pass off as meatballs!), or just about anything from Jimmy John's.

I frequently ordered from Jimmy John's at my last job. There was one not too far away and one of my coworkers ate enough subs from that particular establishment to keep them in business. Delivery guys were coming and going all day.

You mention Jimmy John's, Subway, and Quiznos, but not Jersey Mike's? If you've never tried a club sandwich from Jersey Mike's then you really should. Anything from Jersey Mike's is good, honestly. They actually keep blocks of cheese and meat in a fridge and slice it when you order your sandwich. Better than the prepackaged stuff they keep at most other places. In fact, I think I'll pick up a club from Jersey Mike's soon. I need to run out for a while anyway.

• Brohoof 1

I prefer a sandvich.

Posted Image

Bread,

Meat,

Swiss Cheese,

Tomato,

Lettuce,

Bread.

Then you top it off with an olive on a toothpick. :)

For the meat, I typically use turkey, since it tastes best with it.

Also, I very much like an egg sandwich that I make sometimes. With a kinda mini-omelet type thing with some spice, pepper, and Parmesan cheese, and then some lettuce, meat, and cheese melted onto some toasty bread.

It's so good! :D

But I mess up the egg part a lot. :P

• Brohoof 1

Grilled cheese. Lol. Standard cheese only, and I prefer regular bread over Texas toast or whatever it is they call it. So, nothing fancy. I once went to a restaurant where they served it with like four different types of cheeses and I couldn't even begin to eat it, lol.

I'll eat roast beef and turkey sandwiches as well (which, of course, I'm very picky with) but not anything else. I usually order grilled chicken sandwiches at restaurants but I never eat it as a sandwich.

You mention Jimmy John's, Subway, and Quiznos, but not Jersey Mike's?

There are presently none within the confines of Oregon, I'm afraid... though it seems that Portland is listed under their 'coming soon!' locations. :o

...or just about anything from Jimmy John's.

This, ladies and gents, is the JJ's Gargantuan.

Posted Image

Ahem. "This sandwich was invented by Jimmy John's brother Huey. It's huge enough to feed the hungriest of all humans! Tons of genoa salami, sliced smoked ham, capicola, roast beef, turkey & provolone, jammed into one of our homemade French buns then smothered with onions, mayo, lettuce, tomato, & our homemade Italian dressing."

When I get this, I get it with no mayo, tomato, or onions. Instead I get it with green peppers and double meat.

• Brohoof 2

I'm in love with a type of sandwich called "Benno's Birdie".

It's got Amish chicken breast, Ligurian pesto, oven-dried tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese on Italian bread. It's a type of sandwich served at Zingerman's, a restaurant in Ann Arbor. It might just be the best thing I've ever had.

Posted Image

Pic very related.

• Brohoof 1

favorite sandwich?  I don't know i've had a lot of really good ones over the years. but  I think it's definitely a BLT with peppered bacon and at this rate i'm going to have to have one for dinner! there's one sandwhich i want to eat the most though  which will never ever happen and that's the old fashioned Peanut butter and Jelly. (Stupid peanut allergies!) 

• 3 months later...

Okay Is was wondering I what are people most favorite type of sandwiches or you can list a sandwich that you made or someone else and what is the most popular type of sandwich that people like including Toppings, ketchup, mustard you know that type of stuff..So tell me What is your favorite type of sandwich, And what are your Favorite toppings?..

post-8482-0-39868000-1363922899.jpg

Well, I most likely make myself a butter and jelly sandwich with three bread slices, but when I go to Subway (Which I rarely do) I eat a half sandwich with nothing but pepperoni, Ham, cheddar cheese and mayonnaise.

EDIT: And ketchup, of course

Edited by ~Proton~

White bread with turkey, lettuce, cheese (American, Swiss or Cheddar, I decide on a whim) and mayo. Toasted, if possible. That's it :3 I'm simple to please, but it's delicious. Get it at Subway, get it at the local sandwich shops around here, etc.

When i go to Subway im always gettin the Italian BMT on Italian bread. As a comedian once said when it comes time to add condiments i just tell them to "run it through the garden". I want everything on it!

My 2 favortite sandwichs are pretty simple.The first one is a simple pb and j sandwich, and my second one is at subway italian bread with chicken breast and white cheese.Im simple to please :).

Well if we are talking Subway Italian cold cut on Italian bread pepper jack toasted lettuce spinach and Italian dressing. They will ask if it's cool that they give you a packet of it because they only have it in packets. So I say yes and then they slip it in with the napkins.

As for my sandviches at home grilled cheese with a little ranch for the crust.

I'm... odd. I like a toasted cheese sandwich with pickle. Specifically Branston Pickle. If you're not familiar with that condiment, it's a bit difficult to explain. Think of a very chunky relish or a chutney (if you're familiar with that) made of a variety of vegetables not just cucumbers, mixed with Worcestershire sauce (again, you may not know what that is). That's not really that accurate, but it's the best I can come up with as a description.

If I'm at sub place, I usually go with an Itallian or mixed cold-cuts with cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, green peppers, and red wine vinegar.

I'm usually pretty easy to satisfy regarding sandwiches.  Either peanut butter and Jelly, or anything with turkey or bacon in it, and I'm good.  Not the biggest ham fan, though, unless it's a spiced ham.