Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Most unappreciated pony?

Techno-chan

If I say anything but Applejack a legion of people led by spas-tic Shotty and Clarity will come find me and I'll wake up tomorrow at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean.

Fortunately I agree with them, although to some degree I think all of them get more hatred than they deserve.

• Brohoof 9

In the mane 6, Rarity and Applejack seem to be the most hated. Fluttershy, Pinkie and RD are generally the most appreciated. Twi is just there in the middle.

Rarity because of how she is so demanding sometimes.

Applejack because of how stern she is.

Yep, I'm going to jump on the Applejack bandwagon, which will be comin' through these parts.  

I mean, she gets less screen time than the rest, and she's certainly as awesome as the rest.  Her sister seems to be a more major area of focus for the show, and until (at least I hope) this weekend, she didn't have her own song.  The rest have.  It just seems very unfair.  

• Brohoof 3

If I say anything but Applejack a legion of people led by spas-tic Shotty and Clarity will come find me and I'll wake up tomorrow at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean.

Fortunately I agree with them, although to some degree I think all of them get more hatred than they deserve.

Basically this. AJ technically speaking has a pretty low screen time, and alot less character development then the other mane 6 and I'm pretty sure shes gotta be the most unappreciated, since theres not a huge supply of AJ fans.

However the ones she has are very loyal. :P

I also agree that all of the mane 6 get alot of hate for whatever reason. I don't see how you can outright hate any of the mane 6 to be honest, but thats up to opinion I guess :P.

Since we are talking about the least appreciated Mane Six here, all the answers will be very subjective. This is like discussing which kind of wheels that's the least round :/

I'm going to say Rarity. While she is quite popular, she never really have a lot of discussions about her. While she is wonderful in any episodes that focus on her, in any other episodes it's almost like she's just a cardboard cut-out of her true personality.

• Brohoof 2

You know who I'm gonna say, but just to refresh the minds of the ones who've forgotten, did not see the posts above, or a newbies, I think the most unappreciated is a certain orange blonde pony who has a Southern accent and is smokin hot- I'm getting carried away now :P.

Hey, at least she's supposed to get a song to herself in the next episode, which is on the 22nd.

• Brohoof 2

Despite the fact that Applejack is by far my favorite pony, I would have to say that pinkie pie is the most hated.

It seems that most newcomers and a surprisingly large amount of devoted bronies dislike her because of her spontaneous disposition.

...and to tell you the truth if it weren't for Pinkie I believe the show would be quite less exciting, for she is exactly what she stands for, making people smile  :)

• Brohoof 2

I am biased since Applejack is my favorite but seriously Applejack is the most unappreciated. Seriously she is supposed to be one of the Mane 6 yet she gets so little screen time and development compared to the others that she is practically a background pony. And I have a lot of people call her a boring character but her little screen time has made for a good character. Okay so I lied a bit it isn't just Applejack, Rarity is tied with her mainly because her negative traits are overemphasized and her positive traits don't come out nearly enough because of that she comes off a shallow, materialistic premadonna.

• Brohoof 1

Rarity and Rainbow Dash receive the most criticism, I even think Rainbow Dash is more hated than she is given credit for, but Applejack is most under-appreciated, even if most people say she is. She's a complete sweetheart and I've always loved her.

Edited by Dιѕмajo
  • Brohoof 1

Doctor XFizzle. He's the smartest, wittiest, and most handsome stallion yet he gets no love.

Okay, although Rarity is my favorite and best pony, I'm going to go with my 2nd best pony which is Applejack. AJ is so unappreciated and undervalued. She's all substance and no sizzle, which means she puts in a hard day's work with no asking for praise or reward. She's ol' reliable.

• Brohoof 2

I would say Applejack is definitely the most under appreciated because she seems to have the least amount of fans. However, she doesn't seem to really have haters, unlike RD.

I have seen some Rainbow Dash haters but not nearly as many as Rarity haters, Rarity may be my least favorite but I have never really hated her or any of the mane 6 but I do think she could be written a lot better.

she [Rarity] could be written a lot better.

Seriously? I think she's one of the most well written stereotypically "girly" characters in anything. She's gotten the most development out of any character (aside from maybe Twilight or Rainbow). 

Trust me, it's very hard to make a character like Rarity likable, but the writers of this show were able to do it awesomely. She's not perfect, (her snobbishness, her selfishness, her vainness...) heck, she's one of the most flawed characters. Nobody is perfect, and her flaws make her actually relatable. I hate it when people act like if when a character has flaws it's a bad thing, when rather it makes them realistic.

But her good qualities make her my favorite pony, for many reasons. She's far too unappreciated  mostly because I think people tend to see her flaws more than her positives or because they say "she's far too girly to like." Since when was that a bad thing? 

In Applejack's case, it's not the amount of screentime she gets, because she does get a lot of it. I think it's more based on her lack of interesting qualities. Okay, I'm not saying that Applejack isn't an interesting character, but she just doesn't have any interesting "quirks"(eg. Rarity's drama queen personality, Fluttershy's shyness or Pinkie Pie...just being Pinkie Pie) or very interesting development. She's just...Applejack.  :huh:

Edited by Rarietty
  • Brohoof 2

I can see Rainbow, Pinkie, Rarity, and AJ for multiple reasons.

Rainbow = Some don't like her personality since she's pretty cocky and all. 

Pinkie = She can come off as very annoying at first sight. Even I thought that when I first started seeing the show.

Rarity = Being a drama queen and being into fashion, I can see why some wouldn't like her.

AJ = Well, most say she's one dimensional.

Out of the four, I think AJ suffers the most in terms of people liking her. I for one think she is one of my favorite characters, but like I said, many think she is just bland.

• Brohoof 1

But her good qualities make her my favorite pony, for many reasons. She's far too unappreciated  mostly because I think people tend to see her flaws more than her positives or because they say "she's far too girly to like." Since when was that a bad thing? 

Speaking clearly for myself it is not that she is "too girly" that is off putting it is that while her positive traits do occasionally come out it seems like her negative traits are exaggerated a bit much at times. I am not saying a character with some flaws is a bad thing if the Mane 6 were perfect they would be a bunch of Mary Sues and I am sure none of us want that but it seems like practically every time I turn around Rarity is either being vain or selfish. One thing I will admit they are doing right though is her relationship with her sister, even though she dosen't always want to do what Sweetie Belle wants to do she at least tries the best she can to please her. I think Rarity has a great deal of potential as a character and I would like to see that fulfilled

In Applejack's case, it's not the amount of screentime she gets, because she does get a lot of it. I think it's more based on her lack of interesting qualities. Okay, I'm not saying that Applejack isn't an interesting character, but she just doesn't have any interesting "quirks"(eg. Rarity's drama queen personality, Fluttershy's shyness or Pinkie Pie...just being Pinkie Pie) or very interesting development. She's just...Applejack.  :huh:

Actually Applejack does they just haven't explored them as much as most of the other characters and what they have explored isn't always as obvious as the other character but her biggest ones as well as mine are stubbornness and being fairly blunt. And even when she has a role in other episodes she can sometimes get overshadowed by other characters.

I think Applejack is the most unappreciated simply due to the factshe had an entire episode got overshadowed by Derpy's short appearence(I like Derpy to guys, but really?)

Thought I think everyone of the mane 6 has something that makes them unappreciated in some way:

Twilight - People keep complaining about her going crazy over deadlines, and usually saying it's frightening, though I personally find it very adorable and relatable, being a college student and all. Also, earlier in the series, I've seen people complain about her having too much screen time, even though she's kinda like, the mane character

Applejack - As stated above, everything she does or any development she gets is quickly ignored because people have been too busy beating off to the "lol background pony" jokes

Rainbow Dash - It's seems that no matter what she does, even with the strong development from the last two episodes, fans prefer giving her a really hard time by being anal over all of her negatives. I also believe from personal experience that her haters are some of the biggest a**holes in the fandom, kinda like the character they hate so much

Rarity - The poor girl still have to deal with haters because even though she's probably the deepest of the main six, because of her feminine appeal, she still has people hating because she's "too girly"

Fluttershy - Because the fans(and sometimes the writers) prefer her being weak and helpless rather than actual development because cuteness will make up for it(seriously, no it won't)

Pinkie Pie - People keep finding her randomness annoying and stupid, even though 80% of the time she usually means well or are usually well thought out

Edited by Megas75

You know who I'm gonna say, but just to refresh the minds of the ones who've forgotten, did not see the posts above, or a newbies, I think the most unappreciated is a certain orange blonde pony who has a Southern accent and is smokin hot- I'm getting carried away now :P.

Hey, at least she's supposed to get a song to herself in the next episode, which is on the 22nd.

Hey, I got all my best friends into bronies/pegasisters. And all my friends like Applejack the best. ^^ There's still a lot of fans of her. There's still hope! :D

Why is everyone trying to be as "fair and balanced" as possible?

Of the Mane 6, it seems rather apparent to me:

Dashey!Rainbow+Dash+Nervous.PNG

Applejack is sometimes unappreciated, but people have seen that and there are countless vocal people demanding Applejack get a better place in the show and fandom (by the way, Applejack has more screentime than any pony other than Twilight Sparkle, the ostensible main character).

I was always quite shocked by the level of Rainbow Dash hate which I never quite understood.  Perhaps it's because Dash's faults are most obvious.  Twilight claims to be an intellectual yet never questions a rather despotic government; Applejack may be loyal to her family, but she isn't at all a bastion of "honesty" (see "Part of One" and "Super Cider Squeezy"); Fluttershy is possibly bipolar; Pinkie can't really be analyzed; and Rarity...eh, Rarity's ok.  Seeing the faults of moral faults of most of the mane cast requires a great deal of analysis, but Dash's is put front and center on the show.  Perhaps that's why I so often hear "Oh, I love all the characters...except Rainbow Dash."  

I'm equally confused with how some Dash fans try to "justify" their like of the Pegasus by pointing to episodes like "Sleepless in Ponyville".  Why must we ("we" as in the fans of disliked characters) stoop to the level the majority?  There seem to be quite a lot of people in this community who very much want the Mane 6 to be Mary Sues.  If Dashey is unappreciated because she has serious faults, then so be it.  She's all the more awesome.

[/rant]

Edited by Starswirl the Goateed
  • Brohoof 3

Applejack is pretty high up there, considering that there was a thread to replace her with Applebloom. Rainbow Dash too is treated as a jerk with no redeeming qualities. But personally, I think that the most under-appreciated pony is Twilight. Unappreciated doesn't mean hated, it means unacknowledged.

She's the foundation of the show, but almost nopony talks about her. Nopony goes and points out the great Twilight moments in an episode. People don't hate her (I think I maybe saw one person who really really disliked Twilight), but they don't love her either. Always in the middle. Not discussed. When she is, it's usually about a theory about magic or the series, not about her personality. I admit to putting her in the middle of my list too (too similar to myself = boring), but maybe I should go around more increasing Twilight recognition.

Edited by Stellafera
  • Brohoof 1

I will always stick with Rarity, she is best pony for now and forever ^w^ I love Pinkie Pie second, because I love that she goes through such efforts to make her friends smile ;w;

Dashie has haters? That's horrible ,_,

• Brohoof 1

well derpy comes to mind but she has a huge fanbase so im not gonna go with her. i think colegate is alittle underapricated pony.

just mane six, please :)

I think Colgates pretty cool though, but she isn't my favourite background pony, for sure :T

Honestly, I think Derpy is one of the most popular ponies. Although some people were offended by her, she constantly gets backed by an army of bronies. Not that thats a bad thing, I love Derpy, I think shes adorable. I just wouldn't say shes anywhere near unappreciated :)