Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Autistic brony insult?

Really!? I thought these snarky posts anti-bronies say in regards to us being socially underdeveloped was trollbait.

I refuse to believe that autism is a another stereotype for asshats to try and exploit bronies with.

• Brohoof 1

No, most people who are bronies are usually not autistic, its just a meaningless insult, they don't even know what autism is if they throw it around as an insult.

Theres nothing wrong with autistic people, they are just like you and me... it makes me sad that people are pinning people with autism and saying that they are worthless to society :(

Yes, most bronies like to watch animated cartoons, and like to wear cool hats, Just like anybody else.

I know, that just happens on Highschool, Ive seen some complety normal people playing being called autistic, just because on the stereotype that happens here which is "If you play, run, or act as kid on highschool, your autistic" Seriously what wrong with it, people at my high school range form age 10 to 17. Which I believe age 10-11 is still a good time to play and enjoy your last childhood years. 

Same happens with bronies with the stereotype which is "If you watch that MLP show that is for babies, your autistic" And that isnt a 100% true, some people that watch the show aren´t autistic (Like me, Im completely normal, I just love the show) But yes, there can be other bronies which are autistic, so the stereotype of "All bronies and pegasisters are autistic" Is COMPLETELY FALSE! 

Dont judge bronies by stereotypes, get to know them and you will see they are awesome people!

If I said that most Bronies are on the autism spectrum, is that controversial?

By the way, I have aspergers too!

As a person with an ASD, I think the mental health profession is playing too fast and loose with the label, and are unfairly stigmatizing

a lot of people as a result.  Is it any surprise that autism has become a pejorative term?

• Brohoof 1

Of the few bronies I know, half of them seem to have a mental problem.  I think that autistics are more likely to be bronies than non-autistics.  Of course, that means half don't, and I guarantee that most bronies in my school are closet bronies, which would increase the count of non-autistic bronies.  Thus, I do see some fact behind this stereotype (just like all stereotypes), but it is mostly wrong.

I'm not autistic myself, however I've been asked if I am or not before due to my pony avatars on various websites.

I know autistic people in real life who love MLP. I also know some who don't watch the show.

Not all autistic people are bronies. Not all bronies are autistic. Yes, there are autistic bronies. Who the hell cares?

If somebody is going to bitch and whine about me watching MLP, and how it makes me so "Gay, faggoty, autistic, ect.", this is my response to them.

ec3cc9cee8b0f816d5918d156d08abd23b288b09

• Brohoof 2

it really makes me rather sad that being "autistic" is some kind of insult. I have know plenty and they are some of the nicest (not to mention smartest) people I have ever met. 

but again thats how most poeple are I guess, being mean just for the sake of being mean  :( 

I will say the best way to reply to this is...just don't! they don't deserve your attention or your words! 

• Brohoof 1

Nobody would suspect me of being a Brony. I have said all the names from MLP and still nobody knows even asked for MLP sticker to mark my food/drinks at work. Still nothing. Even played PFUDOR and still nothing. I'm so fare from looking "Brony" that nobody suspects a thing. I also look like a insane person/murderer too from what people tell me.

Best thing to do I to ignore it. Everybody hates on something they don't understand to one degree or another

Edited by Wolfstanus
  • Brohoof 1

If someone called me autistic for liking a televisions show, I would laugh in their face. Ponies or not. Autistic isn't even an insult, I've known plenty of autistic people who function perfectly fine. If you're going to insult me, do it right.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah... so I gave up caring what other people think for Lent. Er... in fifth grade... er... before becoming an atheist.

Honestly, if you like MLP then you like it. Tell them that they're boring cis-white-males and to check their privilege. I guarantee they'll entertain you from that point on.

• 1 month later...
(edited)

I think it is sincerely pathetic how people harass others for what they like, or compare it to something with less significance.

Why do we live in a world so full of ignorance that it makes me wish that I didn't have common sense?!

http://sylverstone14.tumblr.com/post/32866220890/my-little-pony-mural-vandalized-questions-raised

This about tops idiocy and makes me lose faith in humanity.

How can people seriously look at MLP: FiM and think that having an adult audience leads to the majority of those people having autism?

WTF?  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :eww:  :eww:  :eww:

Edited by Celestial Wish
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

This is typical. Society wants to use any reason possible to tear others down for being different. We are going completely against the norms of society so to fight back it uses the most petty insults imaginable.

The masses are filled with horrible people. Really stupid, horrible people. It is a sad, sad truth. I am used to it at this point. It reminds me how closet bronies exist, when they SHOULD NOT HAVE TO HIDE IT.

I watch MLP and I am proud. I am also autistic and I am PROUD. No amount of insults will change this for me.

Edited by Kyoshi
  • Brohoof 14

(edited)

It really isn't that surprising. If you saw the massive invasion that the bronyfandom had on the internet during its inception, you can understand a little people having a negative bias towards us. Entire series of websites were ddos'd into the dirt by angry fandom members.Entire fan sites for other fandoms turned into flaming wrecks. So a lot of this comes from that left over vitriol and hate. This fandom experienced a fairly violent birth, and after effects such as that are expected when it comes to the internet when a group forms so quickly as we did.

And to add on, people are always going to do things like this should the have an audience. And thanks to the internet, they will aways have one.

Edited by Miaq_The_Truthful
  • Brohoof 4

I agree with you here. This is why it makes you think "this is why we can't tell people secrets." They end up judging you for it. It will get to the point that they start picking on you for it. It's like they don't think, they just do.

In order to understand them, you need to see it from their eyes.. MLP is for little girls, yet grown men like it.. its freakish really..

but in reality, it doesn't really matter. As long as no one is hurting anyone, its not a big deal.. I for one am not a fan of bronies, but i watch the show.. :/

Sometimes people need a way of justifying why grown men would possibly watch a show called My Little Pony. They can't fathom that it could be because it's actually just a good show, so they think of other reasons it could possibly be. One very common one is sexual reasons. But another common one is autism. This is probably because one symptom of autism is having an obsession with a particular thing. It can be, for example, an obsession with doing a certain thing, with collecting a certain thing, or with watching a certain show. So  it makes sense to people that one reason why some people watch My Little Pony is because they're autistic. Which is totally wrong and incorrect thinking, since it should be obvious given the vast amount of non-autistic bronies out there that this is a show which doesn't need someone to have a disorder in order for it to be liked. Also, if an autistic person likes My Little Pony, it isn't necessarily because they have autism; they're just another brony just like the rest of us.

• Brohoof 3

I don't normally let the haters arguments get to me but this seriously makes my skin crawl. I have grown up on the Autism spectrum and have face many challenges because of that and one of them was and still is the multitude of misconceptions people have about it. It is because of those misconceptions that while I know that this is obvious baiting on the part of immature little trolls who need to be slapped I still can't remain silent on this matter. I don't usually quibble over words but the fact that such a complex and often misunderstood issue is boiled down to the troll equivalent of calling someone an asshole really rubs me the wrong way.

• Brohoof 6

Really isn't that vandalism (then again whoever made the mlp one might have done vandalism also) still really, autism. As someone with autism, that is just mean. I mean what's with people on the internet using autism like it's some kind of racial slur or an insult. It's becoming the new gay. Do these people even know what autism is or are they just throwing around the word left and right anywhere. You know some people with autism can turn out to be very intelligent?

• Brohoof 1