Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Working in Equestria

Flow

So, let's say your some pony in Equestria, now you have to seek a job, where would you work and what kind? Or would you create your own business?

I'd figured that i'll work with Pinkie and the Cake family at the Sugar Cube corner, also help her babysit Pound and Pumpkin Cake

Obviously I'd start a distillery. Strike a deal with Sweet Apple Acres for some of their apples/some land for barley and hops and make apple whiskey/beer.

• Brohoof 1

I'd be one of the ninja janitors.

What? Ponyville is so bright and shiny most of the time, there have to be ninja janitors who keep the place clean.

Or more seriously, probably a construction worker. Those guys need more screen time, seriously. Somepony has to build the buldings, and it's one of the more "realistic" jobs in the series.

Because I probably wouldn't have a home a the time, I'd work for Applejack in exchange for lodging.

Or maybe I could become better friends with Rainbow Dash, and find out whatever she does (other than being THE BEST PONY.) Maybe I'd live with her.

I'd probably be a writer for newspapers or maybe a magazine. Either that or I'd run a nice little shop selling antiques and curios that the ponies would enjoy.

Obviously I'd start a distillery. Strike a deal with Sweet Apple Acres for some of their apples/some land for barley and hops and make apple whiskey/beer.

Magic and distilling can be a powerful mix! Every read any Terry Pratchett?

http://wiki.lspace.org/wiki/Scumble

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

I would be Ponyville's town drunkard, and ponies would give me free bits as they trotted past. I'd tell them it is for food, but it isn't really; it just fuels my next day or drunkenness. Then I'd get kicked out by the mayor and live in the Everfree Forest and make my own hard zap-apple cidar. I'd be a happy, happy pony :D

I haven't, but that was an interesting wiki you threw at me!

I wonder what kind of popskull I could wring out of Zap Apples? Distilled Sonic Rainboom for everypony!

PARTY IN PONYVILLE!

You should give Terry Pratchett's "Discworld" books a try. They're very funny! Nanny Ogg is a wonderful character. One of my favorites though is Granny Weatherwax. Here's one of my favorite quotes from her:

"If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are."

- Granny Weatherwax

Here's one about her, and the unique way she looks at the world:

"Granny Weatherwax was firmly against fiction. Life was hard enough without lies floating around and changing the way people thought."

Since my ponysona is basically me, here's what I'd do: would burn down old worn forests and replace them with pretty flowers using unicorn magic. A land cultivator? Something like that. Oh and also, I have a shop on the side where I'd sell flowers. I'd be a flower girl. Flower mare. Which is pretty amusing considering where my name comes from. A nice nod to it.

I guess I would work in the library or at a farm too.

I've worked in the school library till I graduated and it was real fun and farmwork has fascinated me for a long time. Plus the apple family seems like a punch of ponies I would get along very well :mellow:

If I were a pegasus I would join a flight-club to have a part-time activity. :)

I'd start an animation studio for a TV show. My idea would be a show called "My Little Human", of these magical talking apes and their adventures in friendship. It would be based for 5 year old fillies, and I wouldn't expect grown stallions to like it.

I'd be a protector, guard, or something. Not of the Princess, although if I was given that job I'd take it, but like a protector of Ponyville. (My OC is actually that)