Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Personal Motto?

Pariah164

"its when youre closest to death that you feel the most alive"

and never forget to remember: you only live once.

thats actually not a bad motto, but the way people use it makes it stupid lol

Ha, I actually liked that motto... I do think that death is the only way to evaluate one's life. It makes one appreciate their life more in a way

Ha, I actually liked that motto... I do think that death is the only way to evaluate one's life. It makes one appreciate their life more in a way

for sure. plus that adrenaline rush defiantly makes you feel more alive than youve ever felt before. i love it but i have a feeling one day its going to be the death of me lol

"Take every moment of every day as an opportunity to learn, grow, and change."

Waiting in line? Watch the people interact with each other. Washing the dishes? Think about your motivations in life. In the shower? On the toilet? Those are some of my favorite places to think. You are never wasting your time doing anything if you do not let yourself, and you are never bored if you give yourself something to think about.

• Brohoof 2

At the moment it might be "What you hate me for makes me proud." but it would require a lot of explaining. In short, one way of looking at it is that you can't impress everyone, and even your negative qualities flesh out your character and make your positive ones more noticeable. There is more to it, but again, that would require a lot of explaining.

Edited by The Oneiromancer
  • Brohoof 1

Well, I've got one motto, but it's not something I can put into just one sentence, it's more like a combination of different mottos put into one basic idea, or ideal more or like. My motto consists of the following mottos:

"NO BLOOD. NO BONE. NO ASH."

"It's not the amount of years in your life that count, but the amount of life in your years."

"No matter what I do, it is my choice not someone else's and I take complete responsibility for my actions."

"Don't tell me what to do."

"I don't care about what you think of me, you're just another face with another voice that'll leave my life soon enough."

"I follow you if I deem you trustworthy and rational, I will discard you when you become unfit."

"My life is mine, every single day is mine and I will experience everything to the fullest extent that I want to experience."

"NEVER let emotions take control over your actions and judgment."

"Something that's different isn't necessarily evil or bad."

"To grow and develop yourself, take criticism and scepticism to heart."

"An idea that sounds unbelievable and insane is still an idea that can become reality and fact."

And my most important one:

"DON'T JUDGE A BOOK BY IT'S COVER."

Yea, it makes more sense in my head.

• Brohoof 1

I'm just going to list out a few different Motto's of mine

*Time is the greatest weapon you'll ever use

*Someone just insulted you.They must really like you

*Your favorite TV shows,music,video games dont require a specific age.So why give up what you like when your older?

• Brohoof 2

• 10 months later...

"For the greater good"

It speaks to me in so many ways... it means to think of others before thinking of only you.. to keep going even if you wish to give up! you must keep going because others need you.. 

"You may think I'm stupid all you want, the moment you treat me that way.. is when I'm done with you"

"Your born, You live, then you die.

The former is done and over, suck it up.

The latter is inevitable, get over it and stop worrying so much.

The middle part is where the fun is and where you need to concentrate. Enjoy it!"

And I'm often told that its a "grim way to look at life".....

TBH I thought it was fairly positive...

My personal motto is,

"Simple, easy, and good. If it works, go along with it."

Don't over complicate things is basically the saying. I always believe that you need to keep things simple and good.

"When choosing between happiness and truth... always go for the truth. Sometimes the "happiness" is an illusion filled with ignorance. The "truth" will, at least, always make sense in the end."

This seems like an obvious one... but surprising how it seems to slip by some people.

"Misery speaking." - My typical way of answering the phone.

"Because fuck you."

"I don't have to explain myself, nor do I want to explain myself."

"Don't talk smack about Derpy."

"I'm not trying to impress anybody but myself."

Edited by Bron-Yr-Aur

I have a personal motto that's been with me since my adolescence, though crass and nonsensical as it may be to onlookers, for me it gives hope for people in darker times: "Anarchy is not chaos, there can still be unity without government."

Or, on a more lighthearted note, years ago, back when I played World of Warcraft, my Paladin had a quote that was quoted a few times: "The Light: Strengthens the soul. Our conviction: Strengthens the mind. Our will: Strengthens the body. But our shield... It keeps the other three in one piece." -Argent Crusade Field Marshal Potzi Hookman, addressing future Argent shieldmen before battle.

I don't have a great personal motto, and it's not really from anywhere.

"Have a plan"

Because even though Murphy's law pretty much says "F*ck you", it's still good to try and f*ck him back :3

I guess I really only have two and those are:

- If you keep looking back, you're not going to go forward.

- If you can't change a situation, change your perspective.

And yes, I made those two up based on situations that have happened to me and what I've learned from them. I probably have other personal mottos (hence the 'guess' part in my first sentence) but I'd rather not try to think of them all right now haha. The mottos are pretty straight forward so hopefully I won't have to explain.

• Brohoof 1

The who now? 

I have no idea what you are talking about good sir..

Aliens from Warhammer 40k. they use the phase to sound all nice and benevolent, but there actually two-faced about it, when they use it its more of "for our good and sod the rest of you."

Edited by Malinter

This isn't a life motto, exactly, but it's very much relates to me.

"N'être pas écouté, ce n'est pas une raison pour se taire."

or, in English:

"Not being heard is no reason for silence." (Victor Hugo)

It's relative to me because I'm an extremely shy person, I never speak, I never voice opinions, I never make decisions, etc, etc, and it's a horrible, horrible habit to have. I need to learn to be more confident and put myself out there, even if I feel like an idiot or that no one will listen. I still struggle horribly, but I do like that quote. And it's from one of my favorite books, so there's that, as well.

• 3 weeks later...