Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Personal Motto?

Pariah164

It's not a motto, but I have rules for myself.  

1. A man always keeps his word, even at his own expense
  2. A man does not hurt people, unless in defense.
  3. When a man does hurt someone, he never kills.
  • Brohoof 1

"Let us consult the almighty quarter."

"Shut up, melvin."

"Shut up, no one loves you." (If you didn't already know, I'm a douche in real life.)

"Everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it is not yet the end." (From The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. Pretty good movie, actually.)

"How 'bout you go eat a giant bowl of SHUT UP STEW?!"

"Finish the tulpa, and everything will be great."

"I'll cross that bridge when I come to it", that's a horrible motto to live by, but here I am...

As much as I'd like to dismiss the whole notion of abandoning that motto, it's actually served me well for these past six years. Maybe I should look for a better one, but a lack of ambition takes care of that.

Edited by SrFrog

"Seize the day. BY THE THROAT!" >:U

jk.

I was asked that question at the end of a list of questions for an interview for my high school yearbook, and I told them "Haters gonna hate; I love and tolerate". I suppose that's a good one.

Still, I feel like all the good ones have already been said here. :I so...eeyup.

"When you reach the top of a mountain, find yet another."

It's a Fei Long win quote, and applies to my musical outlook. Every goal I strive for with my music, I achieve, and when I do, more goals open up, more things to achieve.

"Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened." -Dr. Seuss, taken to mean not that crying shouldn't happen (cry if you are sad, do it, you feel worse if you don't usually!) but that there's much more worth in remembering good things and why they were good than being bitter because they are gone. Or pretty much any Dr. Seuss quote.

“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”

“Be who you are and say what you feel,

because those who mind don't matter,

and those who matter don't mind.”

• Brohoof 1

sure! 
if knowledge is power, does that mean i should strive for knowledge?
no, because the pursuit of my life is happiness, and i don't need power to be happy...
in fact i find that sometimes after knowing something, i regret knowing it...
therefore ignorance is bliss, and the pursuit of my life is ignorance.

- Life is only a dream for the ignorant.

- A mind is truly free when you don't limit yourself to the social norm. 

- For all that is good bad must follow (and vice versa). 

- For every choice a consequence. 

- Constant fear is an excuse to not be brave. 

- Ignorance is a double-edged sword.

Edited by Mighty E.

"Oh well."

That's all there is to it! Had a bad day? Are you jealous? Made a mistake? "Oh well." Life passes us faster than we think, so there is no need to worry over such minor discrepancies. To me, the phrase means something along the lines of "It doesn't matter; let's skip the moping and move on". It's easily applicable and I find myself saying it many times throughout the day. Bye bye worries! You don't matter.

• Brohoof 2

There is no such thing as smart or dumb, only hardworking or lazy.

Only one that comes to mind. It's not that there ISN'T smart or dumb people, its just that it's often that smart people are the ones that work hard on their projects and stuff, especially if they care about the topic, and the dumb ones are the ones who either don't care or aren't even willing to lift a finger to do something so simple.

I'm not exactly sure you would say this is a motto, but it's something I live with in mind.

"When a man lies, he murders a part of the world. These are the pale deaths, in which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?" -Metallica, To Live Is To Die, ...And Justice For All

You go on I'll be okay, I can dream the rest of the way.

Mainly means I don't need 24/7 support if I believe in myself and follow my dreams, to keep going and to accomplish them. 

Edited by ~Wubs~

If you hate something, do it to others before they can do it to you.

If it's not worth dying for, it's not worth living for.

Well, I don't really have a motto, I prefer to live on without following any particular line or gag.

Just a provocative sidenote, the "golden rule" is not from the Bible, Bible just borrowed it.  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

My motto would be:

"Order from nothing, chaos from order."

I can create order and efficiency but just as easily send things back to how they started.

I have 2 things that I follow and stick to mostly, the first, is something I made up for myself:

"No one deserves everything, some people deserve nothing, and everyone deserve something"

That basically means that no one should have the upper-most hand at anything, that some people have done things that they cannot redeem themselves from, and that either everyone is a person and should be treated as such instead of just some random being that won't matter, or that everyone deserves a second chance. I came up with that myself actually :P

The second is also something that I discovered myself, but it had a name, it's called Solipsism  basically it means that you can't prove anything's existence except your own mind, look up "Solipsism" if you want to know more about it.

I usually try to stick to those principals. 

Um... I don't really try to live by anything. No personal code or motto that I follow.

I guess if I were to choose something that I tend to live by, it would be: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

Now yes, I know this is from the bible. I'll admit I'm not a religious guy however this motto suits the way I try to look at life. Take things under a positive light and the best will come from it. Look at a situation negatively and you will likely get a negative outcome.

Now quite often my pessimistic side overpowers my optimistic side and I look at things negatively. This is why quite often I get negative outcomes to most things I do.

You may not define it as a code or motto, but from what I gather, you go by being a good person, and that's all anyone can ask. :)

You seem like a endearing, warm person too, and I think it's awesome you do fight against negativity. ^_^ I know so many people who just accept it, I wonder if I should give them bats, tell them the bats are for magically beating negativity into a corner, and hope for a placebo effect. XD

• Brohoof 1

Hello!

Probably one of the most popular ones would be "Everything is possible"

Then would be "Get your ass of the grass" Meaning, that i should do something that is important...

"You give respect! You get respect!"

"Class over Swag" - Random.

Edited by Concord

Well, i used to have a motto of "we can scratch that idea" because im not a very forward thinking person and my plans often went wrong in some of the simplest of ways, but recently ive been repeating the phrase "Why should i care" in response to whenever i feel that pressure that someone is judging me. 

It would be probably just be "Why should I care?, I can do my thing anyway I want"

The closest thing I have to a personal motto are the 3 things I've learned about being disabled. 

1. I don't have time for other people's crap. 
2. Never be afraid to ask for help.
3. No, really, I don't have time for your crap.