Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

About how tall are the ponies?

DoctorWhovian1902

actually, aren't horses measured in "hands" not "feet"? Just wondering. But then there is Zecora...I believe Zebras are a kind of pony. Unless there is a huge difference between ponies and horses besides size.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

My personal headcanon still is the comparison with Equestria Girls, but for some reason it's not widely accepted lol

I found some other images about the 8 ft candy cane. Except for Celestia there aren't big differences. 4-6' ? Uh...no idea who calculates better. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Additionally you can view G1 evidence of comparison by viewing G1 drawings here http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=HN.607996399391868379&pid=1.7 and figurines here http://www.amazon.com/Vintage-My-Little-Pony-SUNDANCE/dp/B00F3R06AY makes Megan appear about 20% taller than the G1 ponies.  This would make a human pre-teen girl about the same height as Tavi's instrument she is usually shown with.  If we assume Megan to be 10-12 years old, or about 11, the average height for an American girl of that age is 58 1/2 inches.  This would make Megan just under five feet tall, and the G1 ponies about 46-50" by comparison, again confirming the four foot average pony size.

I know its not G4 canon, but the size comparison of the candy cane seems to be in very close agreement with this analysis using G1 information as well.

Edited by pipersack
  • Brohoof 2

I'd have to say that, fillies are about 2-3 feet depending on their size, mares could be about 3-4 feet, while Celestia and the other alicorns can be 5-7 feet depending on their body changes.

• 2 months later...

Wait- everybody's forgetting that horses aren't measured in feet, but hands... poor Lyra. I think that fillies would be smaller than others, but larger than foals.. by a half of a hand also, if I'm correct, if we said a man was to put his hands up to the CMC, then they'd measure in about 3 or 4 hands tall, to the Mane 6, then they'd be about 6 or 7 hands tall.... Celestia and Luna would be about 12 or 10 hands tall while stallions would be the same as the Mane 6. While some of the other taller ponies would be 8 to 9 feet, so, thats what I think.

It's all a matter of scale. Since Equestria does not equate with Earth, there are no visual clues.

Good point.

But there is one common object between the two worlds which can allow us to agree upon a scale:

6fd.jpg

There's also the hoof scale, which is pretty much the same as the apple scale:

size_reference1.png

• Brohoof 5

Good point.But there is one common object between the two worlds which can allow us to agree upon a scale:img-2559596-1-6fd.jpgThere's also the hoof scale, which is pretty much the same as the apple scale:img-2559596-2-size_reference1.png

I was going to post the scale were they use the mention of the "8 foot candy cane" in hearthswarming eve to come to that they are around 3.5 feet tall on average,but the you posted that lol.

Then you didn't have to quote the whole post and duplicate these images. It will unnecessarily strain the MLP Forums' server, and it also makes it harder to find your answer below it.

Unless it's some common practice at these forums, since I see people quoting the whole posts all around here...

I was going to post the scale were they use the mention of the "8 foot candy cane" in hearthswarming eve

It was posted already a page ago (FOUR TIMES!). What would be the point of posting it once more?

Edited by SasQ

Then you didn't have to quote the whole post and duplicate these images. It will unnecessarily strain the MLP Forums' server, and it also makes it harder to find your answer below it.Unless it's some common practice at these forums, since I see people quoting the whole posts all around here...

I am on mobile, and editing out those images causes more strain on my device than it does strain the server. So I choose to strain the server, rather than my own personal device.

Only children can.

Adults can only ride Celestia I guess. ^_^

LOL I wonder how the Mane Six would react if you were to put a saddle on them and try to hop on? I am 5'4 and about 130 lbs so I probably could.

I am on mobile, and editing out those images causes more strain on my device than it does strain the server. So I choose to strain the server, rather than my own personal device.

And then other people with mobile devices would have to load the same image five times (recall that some of them pay for transfer) and smear their touchpads red hot to scroll through the page. How altruistic...

And then other people with mobile devices would have to load the same image five times (recall that some of them pay for transfer) and smear their touchpads red hot to scroll through the page. How altruistic...

Why does it bother you so? Is my non editing of your post really such a transgression that it sends you into a whirlwind of emotions?

@, where do you see a "whirlwind of emotions"? I'm asking you politely. It's nothing personal. Lots of people do the same. I explained to some of them what problems does it cause and they understood. But I cannot explain it to every single person. I already wrote why does it bother me. Please understand that sometimes making your own life easy will make other people's lives harder, and then expect them being upset.

I'm not a moderator here, you don't have to listen to me. But if you would, it would save many people lot of trouble perhaps.

Edit: Instead of editing your quote, you could click "Mention" as well, if the only goal was to refer to my post.

Edited by SasQ

What about big mac? That fucker pulled a freaking HOUSE! ^_^

I think he's too small.

post-3285-0-15766300-1357326113.jpg

Big Macintosh is slightly taller than Pinkie Pie... So no, I don't think so.

Even Celestia, I think adults who are too tall can't ride her. ;)

Edited by Blobulle

I think he's too small.

post-3285-0-15766300-1357326113.jpg

Big Macintosh is slightly taller than Pinkie Pie... So no, I don't think so.

Even Celestia, I think adults who are too tall can't ride her. ;)

Lol, ride Big Mac like a skate board?

• Brohoof 1

@,.

I was referring to your use of "altruistic" in your previous post. The word in that use carries a negative connotation, and that negative connotation combined with the fact that rather than just saying "maybe next time edit please?", came off not only as extremely crass and pious, but you then continued, negating your own point by taking up more space than my previous transgression of not editing your post by continuing. So your post came off not only as crass, but in continuing, you did the very thing you were debasing me for. So while it does make it easier to edit the post, or use code to mention you, your verbiage in your previous posts was highly suggestive of being antagonistic. A simple "hey, next time please do not include the pictures" would have sufficed, and not have been so antagontisticly suggestive.