Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A Brony TV Channel?

AutisticBrony

I had this idea while I was in the shower today. What if there was a special tv channel, just for bronies? It'd play brony music, My Little Pony'd be on it, art stuff, you know. Maybe bronycon tapes? Just an idea, it would be pretty cool. Even though MLP is owned by Hasbro, they might let MLP air on it. You never know. I'm sure Lauren Faust would let it :P

Anyways brohoof, seeya later guys!

P.S. - I got a pony shirt! It is Trixie. You know, the Great and Powerful thereof. Haha, wore it to school. Some kid came up to me and said PINKIE PIE! BEGONE! While his fingers were crossed. I was soooo confused. Anyways bye.

-AutisticBrony

• Brohoof 4

That would be rather cool, actually I don't see a downside to it, other then the Hub would lose the show, and we wouldn't want that.  Though it would be cool, I am opposed to it as the downside is a rather big one.

Edited by Dusty Soul
  • Brohoof 2

Not gonna happen, the Hub created MLP and it would not exist without them, and it will probably only be on that channel for television, it's where it belongs. You don't see other whole fandoms get their own TV channels do you? Of course not, it just wouldn't work.

• Brohoof 3

That would be rather cool, actually I don't see a downside to it, other then the Hub would lose the show, and we wouldn't want that.

Not necessarily there are a few shows that are on multiple channels, Family Guy for example is practically everywhere it is on Fox, Cartoon Networks adult swim lineup and TBS last time I checked.

I'd love to see such a channel. It might actually make me watch television. Unfortunately fan art is a bit of a copyright grey zone so it probably wouldn't get off the ground without Hasbro's blessing, even if the channel didn't show real episodes.

Youtube it is, then! :)

Not necessarily there are a few shows that are on multiple channels, Family Guy for example is practically everywhere it is on Fox, Cartoon Networks adult swim lineup and TBS last time I checked.

That's different, that's an animated comedy and has better syndication potential. MLP is an entire toy brand and a kid's show, and those 2 factors certainly don't hold favorably for syndication, there's no way Hasbro would let it happen.
  • Brohoof 1

It probably wouldn't happen, considering how the Hub kinda relies on MLP alot, and without it it may die, even if it was split that would still be hard.

Plus most people would wanna watch the brony channel for MLP anyways, therefore hasbro loses money and views and eventuelly they can't make it anymore.

However it would still be pretty awesome.

It would be awesome, but I don;t think hasbro would let us do that.

That seems like a bit much anyways, we're just a fandom, we would need a lot of money....

That's a great idea for all the Bronies and Pegasisters. Something like that would be great. But still I don't think The Hub would be OK with something like that. :( Hasbro and The Hub have been making a lot of money from MLP, and I don't think they would want to just let it go. MLP is one of the most famous shows on The Hub Network, and without it not as many people would watch the channel at all.

I'm all up for the idea, but I don't think that Hasbro and The Hub would approve of something like this. All we can do is hope for something as awesome as this to come true. :(

• Brohoof 1

I don't know about that. One thing is that The Hub channel might lose plenty of viewers to those who only watch Hub for MLP. Also, I don't think many things can be put on the channel. Sure there is music, art, animation, etc, but nothing like that can be made into a series, or have enought content to make the channel last with new stuff.

Even as bronies, a lot of us would grow tired of ponies that way eventually. Plus, people can do all that stuff on their computers already so a brony dedicated channel would be redundant.

In the end, who can tell though? G4 ran on show line-up of only Cops and Star Trek for years, so you may actually be onto something.

• Brohoof 1