Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

An observation about bronies

Champion RD92

I noticed that almost every single brony for the most part has a favorite pony. It seems like there is always that one pony that people like the most and are a fan of for whatever reason. I have yet to see someone who likes every single pony exactly equally. People's favorite pony may change over time, but they always have a favorite or at least a couple favorites.

Is there anyone here who doesn't have a favorite pony? 

• Brohoof 7

With any fiction, the more you get situated with it the more you will become attached to a character, so if you've been a brony for more then a year, it would be quite hard to not be attached to a pony.

• Brohoof 4

I am kind of split between all of the main 6 ponies. I have a soft spot for fluttershy (hence my avatar) but then I also do for rainbow dash. Twilight likes books/learning and I like science and the like so thats kind of similar. PInkies so chaotic its funny at times. Applejack grows plants and I do to lol :P Rarity is, well, Rarity. I collect rocks if that counts :P I don't dislike any of them really, and for whatever reason I feel bad to pick a favorite from shows I watch lol.

I don't know if that counts though ;) As I wouldn't per-haps say that I like them all equally.

If I had to pick I would pick Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash though

Edited by jreidsma

Yeah, I agree with Firebolt here. Given how many distinctive characters there are in MLP it's pretty inevitable that we begin to relate to/get attached to one over the others. Still, there are some people who like everypony equally, they just tend not to be as vocal as people with a clear preference (cough cough, me, RD92, Shotty, Pinkazoid, Clarity etc.)

• Brohoof 3

With any fiction, the more you get situated with it the more you will become attached to a character, so if you've been a brony for more then a year, it would be quite hard to not be attached to a pony.

Well said, that helps clear a lot of things up.

"have a favorite or at least a couple favorites."

Yep, that's me, you can tell from my sig. Honestly though OP, I think what you're asking about doesn't exist in someone who actually watches the show. There's bound to be at least one tiny difference in preference. And that applies even if the character doesn't even speak!

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I think everyone has a favorite in some way, although I've noticed that Twilight Sparkle fans are the most likely to state that they are "fans of the Mane 6 in general". I wonder if this relates to Twilight's main characterness or her role as the central Element of Harmony.

• Brohoof 2

I can safely say with a reasonable amount of confidence that I do not have any specific favourite pony. I tend to favour AJ and FS more but definitely not at the "omg numbah1 fan" level :P

• Brohoof 1

Everything that has been posted is true. My favorite is obvious, but Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy are close, and I can't even really decide which pony is second. I have never had any show where I like the main characters equally. There will always something that makes a specific character stand out more to make you like them as your favorite. Even if that character is secondary, or in the background. Derpy isn't a main character, or really a character for that matter in the show (obviously a character for the fans), but she would end up in my top 5 favorite ponies.

Edited by Mr. Dash

I know for a fact that every brony I met has a favorite pony, they either have one pony that they like and don't care about the others, or their are some bronies that like everypony in the show whether its a (background pony, any/all of the Mane 6 characters, etc.) But, the point is each brony has a certain personality that is related to a pony or they like a pony for their certain attributes and personality. Like, (Earth Pony, Pegasus, Unicorn, etc.)

Edited by LightningDust

While I favor Luna and Celestia slightly over the mane six, I wouldn't call them my favorites. I just happen to be drawn more to them because of the potential of their backstory. None of the primary characters really outshines the others IMO, so for me it's hard to single out a single pony as my best pony. 

Most people have favourite anythings. Just to have them.

They're usually just phases that people go through, maybe because they're just that bored or something. Of course there's always people who are just legitimate about having their favourite as their favourite.

If you like everything equally then you probably are a very flawed human being or not human at all. It would mean you have no individuality and no personality. So be happy about it.

Although I have stated many times on here that Applejack and Luna are my favorites almost every character in this show has one thing I can relate to them on. I think that is why so many people have at least one or in some cases a few favorites which they really connect to because the characters in the show are so well written that nearly every personality type has a pony they can identify with.

Look no further, I don't really pick favorites unless I'm joking. I have no reason not to love ANY of the characters in the show.

Edited by Becker (Fender)

Hello!

I've seen plenty of bronies that don't have a favourite pony, so they're not that rare for sure. I do have a favourite, but she's not from the mane 6 :P

Looks like there are some on this thread aswell :blink:

Hm, well, duh, having a favorite pony is just something that pretty much every brony does. I think it just goes to show how strong the characters really are in Friendship is Magic, with how we can all be so attached to a personal favorite, it's a very special thing imo. :)

• Brohoof 1

If you like everything equally then you probably are a very flawed human being or not human at all. It would mean you have no individuality and no personality. So be happy about it.

If that's the case I guess I'm a flawed individual with no personality.  <_<

---

I like every mane six member because each character has unique traits to their personality that separates them from the other ponies. Picking a favorite pony out of the mane six is almost impossible for me. Like I've written before picking a favorite pony is like trying to pick what cereal to eat for breakfast when all your choices are good.

Edited by Twisted-Bone

If that's the case I guess I'm a flawed individual with no personality.  <_<

---

I like every character because each character has unique traits to their personality. Picking a favorite pony out of the mane six is almost impossible for me. Like I've written before picking a favorite pony is like trying to pick what cereal to eat for breakfast when all your choices are good.

I didn't say that. At all.

I said that if you like everything (every pony) EQUALLY you are that what you quoted.

I do like almost every character in the show quite a lot, even tho I have a favorite, which I like a little tiny bit more. I'm sure you do have some different opinions or feeling about, say, Fluttershy and Snails or Twillight and Granny Smith. Or no? Do you find them all to be exactly the same?

Yeah, the OP uses "Exactly equally" and I take him by the word, I'm just evil like that.

I would assume that the audience (let's assume it's all little girls for a minute, alright?) is supposed to have a favorite pony. A pony they identify with as their own, to keep their interest and give them a sense of identity, which also helps increase the sales of the tied-in toys. Other series, such as Pokémon (with, well, the Pokémon) do this as well. Think back to in the days of Pokémon being in its prime, when the kids at school would be like "Weezing is the awesomest!" and "No he isn't! Electabuzz kicks his butt!".

In the show, there are many character personality types, some that the viewer can identify with. So it's to be expected that many viewers will have a favorite pony for one reason or the other. Bringing "bronies" into it just extends it further, what with the fandom stuff and all.

• Brohoof 1

This is kind of weird for me because I've noticed that my favorite pony changes like weekly. For example a few weeks ago I was obsessed with Rainbow Dash, but then just a few days ago AJ became my favorite. I think it depends on the episodes you've most recently watched and stuff...

But my love for Twilight Sparkle has always been strong. So if i had to choose I'd pick her. She just has so much personality (:

I like all of the ponies almost the same, but Pinkie Pie wins by a lot. She's 30% of why I watch the show. But that doesn't mean that I don't like every other pony, because I like them all.