Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A Visit From Your Future Self

RainbowTheNinja

Ok, for this topic, there are two points of view, each with a different question to consider at the end. Ok? Ready? Go!

Point of view A: Imagine you, in the present, are sitting around, doing whatever, and all of a sudden you hear a knock at the door. You open it up and, to your surprise, it's Twilight Sparkle! You invite her in, and she explains that she needs to practice her time travel spells, and you, for some reason, are just the one to do it. So she asks where you want to go, and you say you want to visit your past self, before becoming a brony. She says ok, and her horn starts shining, and you are both envoloped in a bright light. In a few seconds, you are in you living room a few years ago, and your past self is staring at you. Twilight shouts "It worked!" What do you say to your past self? Do you want to explain everything to them? In the second point of view, what you say here will be called (x).

Point of view B: Imagine you are sitting on your couch, flipping through channels, before FIM came out. You stumble across an earlier generation of MLP. You just get done making fun of it when you see a flash of bright light by your TV. It gets bigger and bigger until you see this purple pony- you notice it's a unicorn- step out. Followed by this purple unicorn is someone that looks strangely familiar... It's you. From the future. The purple unicorn shouts "It worked!" And then your future self says (x). How would you react?

PS. This had nothing to do with the episode It's About Time. It's totally different. I thought the whole thing up myself. Honest.

• Brohoof 2

A: Yell out

ccb.gif

B: Punch them in the face, or punch myself in face. Or just yell out..."Physics! Sweet. Hey, how the **** were you allowed to defy physics?"

Hmmm... Intrigueing idea...

A: I'm smart enough to realize that where i currently am in both my own time period and relation to earth's time period that seeing myself would have me actually both tell my future self to tell me nothing and that my future self would agree to tell me nothing. IF my future self were to talk first then they would say nothing. However, I can't see beyond a couple years in real life so the future me would not actually know the old me and vice versa.

B: I'd walk away convinced i had seen too much TV.

A: "Hey, you're never gonna believe this, but I'm you from the future, and soon you're gonna start loving My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, you're gonna fall in love with a purple unicorn fron the show, and eventually you'll start finding certain fan art of her sexy. Oh, and you'll realize your sexuality, become a feminist, start accepting others, and re-kindle your love of Pokémon. Bye!"

B: "... WUUUUUUUUTTTTTT."

The first thing I'd do would be to look back to last week's TV and make a note of the winning lottery numbers. Then tell my past self that the lottery numbers on that date would be the ones I noted down.

???

Profit!

Edited by Flipturn

I can imagine the conversation would go as follows:

A. "Uh...hi me."

B. "Hi?"

A. "Okay, listen carefully, one day in the future you're going to like a show called "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic". It will become a phenomenal television show within a few years, sporting millions of fans, including you."

B. "Boy, you crazy?"

A. "No, it's the truth. I swear."

B. "Okay...so I'm going to like a little girls show when I'm older..."

A. *facepalms* "It'll make more sense later on. Trust me."

I'd then introduce him to Twilight, and by the time she's saying we have to leave, my past self would be begging me to take me with them. I'd have to sadly tell him we couldn't, but to enjoy the future, because, as I'd say, "it sure is bright".

Edited by whoovesfan7698

A: I'M THE DOCTOR! JK. I'll now teach you everything I've learned on guitar since... what year is it? Whatever. Also, you're going to become a fan of a show about technicholor ponies and a show about a guy called The Doctor. The Doctor travels through time and space in a TARDIS and saves the world. Also, you'll start playing a game where everything is cubes. And, you'll be hated by many. Let's try to fix that. Step one: learn to shut up. Seeing as I haven't let you speak at all, I still need to master this. Step 2: love and tolerance! Also, IN 2012 WHEN YOU GO TO THE MALL AFTER MOVING AND BUY AN XBOX 360 MICROPHONE, FIND THE HOT TOPIC! THERE'S GOING TO BE A BUNCH OF MLP MERCHANDISE! You'll know it when you see it. AND WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T LET YOUR MOM MAKE YOU WATCH TWILIGHT AND DON'T MISS THE JAMES BOND SKYFALL MOVIE LIKE I DID! AND PURCHASE SOME FIREARMS FOR WHEN A BAND CALLED ONE DIRECTION SHOWS UP! THEY'RE WORSE THAN BIEBER! AND CONVINCE MOM AND DAD TO TAKE YOU TO SOME BRONY CONVENTIONS AND/OR NERDFIGHTER CONVENTIONS! AND WATCH THE VLOGBROTHERS ON YOUTUBE! DFTBA! AND DON'T OVERUSE CAPS LOCK! NOW I MUST GO, MY UNICORN NEEDS ME!

B: Wat.

A: BYE!

Edited by Bloo47
  • Brohoof 1

If time travel to the past were made possible by any means other than unicorn magic, I would go to the past and tell myself how to do it so that I could "invent" time travel. That won't work if since I didn't have any unicorn magic in the past so...

A: "Hey, when you go to Five Guys, DON'T eat all of the fries."

B: "You had one chance to travel back in time and THAT was the best you could think of?"

• Brohoof 1

A. I would probably say that I came from the future, not to worry, it was just an experiment, and that g4 of MLP is awesome.

B. Look at them like dafuq? Then ask

A: how time travel is possible, as I just changed the course if history, and

B: how the frack does that pony look 2-D?! The shadows, the angles, it doesn't make sense!

Edited by Master Blade the Bearded

A: I'd say to myself: You're afraid of frisbees and it's going to make you look like a fool in college and you're going to need a lot of therapy in the future for other reasons I can't say.

B: My reaction to my future self:

1310495527629.jpg

Edited by Topsy Turvy

A: I'm not going to explain the pony that's next to me-

B: That's a pony?  That doesn't look like-

A: Shut up!  I don't have much time!  Anyways, I'm not going to explain it because you won't accept it.  Just know one thing.  When you go to CTcon 2012, BE SURE TO GO TO THE FMV COMPETITION.  You'll get the picture from there.

B: What's CTcon?

A: Oh crap, I'm too early aren't I?  Um... JAVA programming language is the devil!  *zap*

B: Well then...

• Brohoof 1