Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sweetie Bell's Magic

Riverleaf Breeze

She hasn't been seen using her horn yet, but it's pretty understandable, since she doesn't have her cutie mark yet. I believe it was mentioned that unicorns usually only have magic to go along with their special talent, so this is probably why Snails has used magic but not Sweetie Belle.

She hasn't been seen using her horn yet, but it's pretty understandable, since she doesn't have her cutie mark yet. I believe it was mentioned that unicorns usually only have magic to go along with their special talent, so this is probably why Snails has used magic but not Sweetie Belle.

Pumpkin cake is already an expert, beingjust a baby...

and Twilight did manage to do a little bit of magic before getting her cutie mark

One day Sweetie Belle's horn will drag her across deserts and tundras... through forests and valleys... over mountains and oceans, until she finally comes face to face with her destiny, A giant rock!

Edited by Skar
  • Brohoof 11

One day Sweetie Belle's horn will drag her across deserts, tundras... through forests and valleys... over mountains and oceans, until she finally comes face to face with her destiny, A giant rock!

couldn't help but lul at that

One day Sweetie Belle's horn will drag her across deserts, tundras... through forests and valleys... over mountains and oceans, until she finally comes face to face with her destiny, A giant rock!

And then she begins her life as a rock star.

• Brohoof 4

And then she begins her life as a rock star.

ITS TIME TO GO TO BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

Perhaps Sweetie Bell doesn't have much interest in magic?

• Brohoof 1

One day Sweetie Belle's horn will drag her across deserts and tundras... through forests and valleys... over mountains and oceans, until she finally comes face to face with her destiny, A giant rock!

You mean, a giant fabric.

ITS TIME TO GO TO BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

Perhaps Sweetie Bell doesn't have much interest in magic?

Perhaps her magic will be limited to something like the "ROYAL CANTERLOT VOICE".

and Twilight did manage to do a little bit of magic before getting her cutie mark

The thing is, Rarity said in that episode that baby unicorns are prone to fits of magic without even meaning to use it. That means that as Pumpkin gets older, she won't be able to use her magic until she finds out what she loves to do. Also, Twilight was a bit of a special case because magic is her special talent. Her using magic before getting her cutie mark just seems to make sense. Edited by super muffin derpy506
  • Brohoof 1

She might want to look into developing her own magic so that she can make her Cutie Mark appear---

Wait. That kind of happened already, didn't it? Damn you and your failed potions, Zecora!

In that episode, Rarity mentioned that baby unicorns have magic surges that "come and go." Clearly, Sweetie Belle is already beyond that phase.

And Twilight is a bit of a special case, her special talent being magic. How would she have discovered it without being able to perform some basic spells beforehand?

You mean "Dumb fabric"!

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBPLwaxEsag

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxxTgWPhREg

Well in the beginning of the episode about at 1:27, 3 out of the mane 6 say that babies have sudden burst of energy Edited by Pinkazoid

Well in the beginning of the episode about at 1:27, 3 out of the mane 6 say that babies have sudden burst of energy

Yeah, and I dont buy that, she had complete control over her magic, she even flew and went through solid objects, I mean, we havent even seen twilight do that.

Yeah, and I dont buy that, she had complete control over her magic, she even flew and went through solid objects, I mean, we havent even seen twilight do that.

My theory on it was this,

When you are a foal, your magic abilities are at your peak, you have the ability to do things normal unicorns can not do, as you get older though that magic slowly burns out, so as a baby your magic is really strong and very loose, but a pony get older there magic is less flexible and less powerful. I'm sure twilight was a bitch when she was a foal.

• 5 months later...

It's certainly interesting. While we've seen Scoot at least attempt to fly and then fail at it, like how she fell from the bird tree and tried to save herself but landed in the mud, Sweetie Belle has yet to even try magic, let alone even acknowledge her horn, if memory serves. She practically acts like an earth pony. Baby unicorns are known to have spurts of magic, the same why young pegasi can miraculously fly, as told by Rarity and Dash, and proven by the Cake Twins, but we have yet to hear anything about if unicorns 'should' be learning how to use magic at least for menial things like levitation/moving things, at Sweetie Belle's age.

She certainly doesn't seem to care as much about her lack of ability as Scootaloo, at least. Scoots would want to fly, in order to bug, glomp and cuddle with follow Rainbow Dash around up in the air, but Sweetie has yet to show both any interest, or any initiative to learn how to use magic at all.

It's too bad we don't have a pegasus and unicorn that are their ages, using their abilities. Then we'd know for a fact that Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo are slow in development, unlike most cases.

• 1 month later...

I was wondering why we've never seen Sweetie Belle use magic - by her age, she should have at least some magic ability. It got me wondering if she was just born without magic ability, like Scootaloo is unable to fly.

• Brohoof 5