Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Phobias?

Pinkazoid

Ooh.. Cockroaches.. definitely

Here's why:

When my Aunt and Uncle went to visit. (I was around 4 years old) Since they're our guest and to show our hospitality, we let them stay in our room. So me and my parents slept in this room usually used as a stockroom for things we don't use.. I woke up with a cockroach on my nose. It was big and smelled weird.. Was scarred for life.. more so if it starts to fly and stuff

ACK! IT IS LIKE THE BUGS FROM STARSHIP TROOPERS! GEEZE! I don't have a phobia of Arachnids, but damn! That be scary! KILL IT WITH FIRE!img-2980962-1-551151__safe_princess%20lu

Starship Troopers one of my  childhood favorite movies.. maybe because it's my first gory movie.. and it was an epic war with bugs

I have Blennophobia - Fear of slimy things. And the fear of the animals and things in the ocean but love them. Just not up close... Also I've always been afraid of pool cleaners and drains.

Edited by Lullaby

I don't know what it's called, but I'm freaking TERRIFIED of open spaces. I don't know why, it's just things like fields and stuff, where all around you there's nothing but plain and sky and nowhere to hide

:(  :(  :(  :(  :( 

I have so many fears it's just plain silly.

I'm scared of...

- Crowds

- Conversing with people

- Anything very tall where I have to look up at it and feel like I'm falling backwards

- Spiders

- Moths

- Bugs in general

- The ocean/being in a boat where I can't see land

- The dark

- Loud noises because I have sensitive hearing

- Practically any horror movie or book ever

Expect Disney-level everything if you hang out with Heliodor.

Well, like many others, I'm afraid of spiders, but it's gotten alot better than it used to be, and now I can just casually kill them with something, but I freak out if I miss and they move - or if I'm doing something, look over, and one is crawling towards me I jump back and yell (likely a swear word haha).

And, like others, I have a fear of heights.  THIS one is much worse than my fear of spiders.  And you want to know what's weird about my particular version of this?  I'm totally cool with roller coasters at theme parks --- as long as I'm moving forward and am held in buy some kind of safety mechanism.  However, here's the weird part... If it's just going up, even as slow as a snail... I can't *apples * do it.  For instance Six Flags (in Gurnee, IL) there's something called Sky Trek:

DSCN1216.jpg

You get inside, sit down on a bench, and the only thing between you and the outside is Plexiglas (or something like that).  It takes you to the top, stops, rotates so you can view the park for a while, then comes back down.

I didn't want to do it.  But, I was on my [high school] senior trip and everyone made me do it.  I was literally trying to make an excuse to get out of line.  My hands were slightly shaking - just standing in line.  Then it our was our turn.  I got in, and tried telling myself I'd be fine.  It's going up *okay this isn't too bad* and then kept going up *shit this thing is so damn tall* and up *pressing my hands on the bench as to push myself against the wall*  and up *closing my eyes* and then it stopped at the top... *my respiration was insanely slow, like, I was barely breathing, but my heart was pounding, and I was getting light headed.  Against better judgement I cracked my eyes open for a split second to look out... then I looked down... why did I do that... now I was covering my eyes - not just so I couldn't see (closing my eyes would do that just fine)... but I was covering them because I was embarrassed... because I was silently crying... and I was sitting next to girls from my class and I didn't want them to see my tears.  I covered them till we got all the way back down to the ground.  I pulled my cap down to cover my eyes as best I could and kept my head down.  As we walked out away from it, someone looked at me and said "Oh my God, [Miles], you are horribly pale... are you okay?"  - with a meek voice I responded - "Yah... I'm fine" - and walked away from that person.  I had to find a place away from everyone to sit down and relax.  I was pale... and I mean, badly.  And my skin was cold.  So, I got away from the crowd, found a lonely spot to sit, and took a seat.  I had to take slow deep breathes.  I did this for a good 10 minutes, and I felt a little better, so I got back up and rejoined a group of friends.  

Eeyup.  It's pretty bad.  :wau:

• Brohoof 1

Professional magicians....

I'm kidding

I don't think I have phobias, but I'd probably be kinda scared if I saw a someone in a furry costume.

Also, spiders are awesome; they eat the stupid bugs  :nom:

Any form of suffocation or drowning.  If I have trouble breathing I freak out.  My worst nightmare are the ones where I'm trapped in a car that crashes into a lake and I can't get out quick enough :(  It's not limited to water though, so if anyone puts their hands around my neck I get really nervous. I never sleep with a blanket over my face because breathing that stale are is just so opressive.  Despite all this I LOVE swimming! Just don't try to push me under! ;)

• Brohoof 1

Well, might as well list 'em.

Acrophobia, Fear of Heights:

Now, I'll admit, it's not as bad as when I was 8, but still, I sometimes shake when I go up too high, especially if there's barely anything protecting you (i.e. certain amusement park rides). In fact, earlier today I was shaking and my heart was pounding because I was on a plane, and REALLY high up from the ground. It wasn't fun...

Mottephobia, Fear of Moths:

I feel like this is the one I feel silliest for. Yes, I know they are completely harmless, and I don't know why I get scared when I see them.. I just do. My guess is the way they rapidly flap their wings... plus the fact that they land on you without a care in the world, because I don't like bugs on me...

Apiphobia, Fear of Bees/wasps/hornets/etc.:

I guess because of how many times I got stung when I was younger (and maybe because of the Thomas episode, James Goes Buzz Buzz), every time I see one, I fear I might make a bad move and it'll sting me. Every time I see one in the area, I simply try to run out of the area until it's gone. It was even worse when this one time a yellowjacket invaded the house...

Capnophobia/Fumiphobia, Fear of Cigarettes/Cigarette Smoke:

Every time I smell cigarette smoke, I get anxious and think I'm going to second hand smoke and get lung disease or something like that. How the heck is this crap legal in all states, and yet weed/marijuana isn't legal besides for in Colorado?

Edited by Skarloey

I used to have a fear of windows at night. They are just so black, it made me feel uncomfortable, empty, isolated, and light headed.

Now i'm not afraid of anything that's in reality because i know that nothing here can hurt my soul. Now I only fear things that I see that are immortal and that can in fact harm me.

Let's just say here that a CERTAIN game about a CERTAIN animatronic bear and its damned friends gave me a CERTAIN fear of animatronic robots. Needless to say, I can't sleep for a week because of that.

That and parasitic creatures. When you think of it, bugs like mosquitoes and ticks, they force their mouths into you through your skin and suck out your life force. Yeesh. Got that fear from a CERTAIN disturbing scene in Dragon ball Z. It was only refined in Dead space when I saw the divider head death scene.