Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Phobias?

Pinkazoid

i have a phobia its Scopophobia i think that's what it is, basicly its a fear of being looked at for a long time and drawing attention to your self. i also have Glossophobia-stage fright ,Entomophobia-insects, and i don't know if that this is a phobia but a fear of beeing happy because that i know it will end and i get scared i will never be happy again.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I've heard that bees will leave you alone if you don't bother them... That's why half the time, I turn into a statue whenever a bee's around. :lol:

Well thank you for the advice, next time I start to panic, I'll try to do everything I can to stand still and observe what happens.

I am just paranoid..Seriously, I'm always paranoid...it scares me. I get so many paranoid fears that it stresses me out. Its like I am a self diagnosed hypochondriac. I get scared of lots of things and get terrified fast over something. It created my fear of night habit and necrophobia Then again, I also have monophobia.

Edited by Scootadress

I have social phobia, the fear of social interaction.

It's not bad, like, I go out and I talk to people at my school. I just can't keep a conversation going for very long and I have no idea with whom to talk to. :P

• Brohoof 2

I'm not sure what its called, but i'm afraid of fire, and being surrounded by people

Pyrophobia/Arsonphobia is the name for a fear of fire (I actually used alliteration unitentionally for once :D). The other one might be Agoraphobia :)

I have Agoraphobia. I don't mind crowded places much, but that is the reason why I hate going to the beach. I also have Gephyrophobia which is a fear of crossing bridges. That is the case of some bridges not all.

Let's have a list, shall we?

I used to have Achluophobia- Fear of darkness.

I have Arachnephobia or Arachnophobia- Fear of spiders.

I have a slight case of Arsonphobia- Fear of fire.

I also have a minor case of Insectophobia - Fear of insects.

I sort of have Mottephobia- Fear of moths.

I have Spheksophobia- Fear of wasps.

I'm basically creeped out by almost anything that's not a human or animal.

Acrophobia and Coulrophobia. Yes. I'm scared of clowns. Oh and is there a fear of roller coasters or something like that? I'd say I've got that too. Whatever it's called.

I've got a fear of the dark. When it's night time I go into panic mode and can't stop shaking and sometimes even start crying. I start hearing things and I keep looking behind my shoulder while on my computer. Trying to sleep is terrible! It feels like there are things crawling all over me and I usually fall asleep hiding under my blankets. I can't have a nightlight or a lamp on because my parents would see it (they stay up super late and sometimes go into my room).

I also have a fear of cockroaches but it's not as strong as it used to be. My heart starts pounding and I run out of the room when I see a cockroach but I once managed to squish one with my bare leg (not on purpose) without screaming XD Strangely, I love spiders, bees, moths, and other bugs.

I'm also afraid of humans. I even struggle being around my family so I usually hide away in my room. I never talk to other people IRL and when someone besides my family tries to talk to me, I freak out. Even being in public makes me feel nervous and once when I was in the library with other people around, I started to panic.

I'm hopeless :P

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Arachnophobia - The fear of spiders

A lot of people got this phobia, so i'm not breaking any ground here.  :lol: 

So let me just add an interesting personal fact to it.

​When I fantasize about spiders being around me, and on my body. I don't really mind.

And I can mentally prepare to approach a spider, but once I actually see one in real life, it's like my body goes into panic mode, and my body starts to react on it's own.

​It is definitely hardwired into my system, and I think overcoming it would require a lot of work.  ^_^ 

I don't know if (or think that) there's a name for this, but I definitely have a fear of a lack of information, or of being out of the loop on things that I am involved in.

Consider the following situation. You and a friend are on top of a building in an urban environment. Your friend points somewhere off in the distance, and shouts "Wow, look at that!" Then you respond, "Look at what?"

"That!!"

"What. What are you pointing to?"

"That! Can't you see it? To the left of that building there."

I'm already tearing out my hair at this point.

There is no laser pointer at the end of your finger. I have no way to trace your vision to the end of your arm and arrive at the correct destination. I also apparently have no way of making you understand this, because you yourself have absolutely no problem in pointing to the object of your intention, so you think there's no problem, and now you're starting to think I'm just blind.

Anyone else with me on this one?

• Brohoof 1