Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

duidamasterXD

Does anyone else play tennis here? I know Arcanel does. It's been my favorite sport for a long time and I've been playing for about five years. There are so many different ways that you can play it, so many different styles that you have to learn and learn to play against, it's amazing :).

My favorite players are Federer, Del Potro, and Dolgopolov :)

• Brohoof 3

My favorite players are Federer, Del Potro, and Dolgopolov :)

Wait a second... You don't like Nadal?

YOU MUST DIE!

YOUMUSTDIE.gif

All jokes aside, I am a big fan of tennis, and I take lessons weekly. A fun sport, it is.

Edited by Jverne
  • Brohoof 1

On occasion. I play it every once and a while, but I certainly don't play it as a sport. I'm not very good at it either. Hell, I'm not very good at any games that involve a net.

I love love LOVE tennis!!! <3  I used to play a huge amount, but then I got an injury and couldn't play for a few years.  But, it's still a sport I absolutely love!

I recently bought a Babolat AeroPro Drive 2013... It feels so wonderful! :D

I have some friends who play tennis. One time I played with them, and it turns out I am the absolute worst tennis player in the whole world. Who knew? I'm sure it's fun for other people, but it just isn't my game.

When it comes to table tennis on the other hand, I am really good. Some of my friends and I would play extreme ping pong all the time back in high school. Yes, there is such a thing as extreme ping pong. :P

I have some friends who play tennis. One time I played with them, and it turns out I am the absolute worst tennis player in the whole world. Who knew? I'm sure it's fun for other people, but it just isn't my game.

When it comes to table tennis on the other hand, I am really good. Some of my friends and I would play extreme ping pong all the time back in high school. Yes, there is such a thing as extreme ping pong. :P

The first few times I tried, my friends joked that I was hitting home runs... When I made contact with the ball that is :P  It's a hard sport to pick up, and takes a bit even to just hit the ball to the other side of the court.

Like you said, you know I do DF! :D Tennis is such an excellent sport IMO. It's perfect for me to play. While it's true that you would require stamina to stay strong after some hours, normally, the way to become active there is through short bursts of energy, which are my forte for the most part. And like DF said, there are so many styles that sooner or later, you can say "It's like X player" but never "plays exactly like". each can add their own twists and turns to make their own style if they are inspired in another one. And it's always amazing how they can go on for hours non-end. Just ask Nadal, Ferrer, Federer, Murray, Del Potro, Djokovic, Isner or Mahut, Tsonga or Raonic, in the current days. They'll know what I'm talking about

As for me, my favorite player is Ferrer. Being 30 years old, he can go in a 5 hour BATTLE and STILL run like it's no big deal. And like our commentators call him, he's "una pared inteligente", which means "an intelligent wall". And it's true. He's, in my opinion, the best defender in the tennis world currently, will run any ball throw at him and make a good shot anyway, and will complicate your life and make you want to throw your raquet in pure frustration. :mellow:

• Brohoof 2

The first few times I tried, my friends joked that I was hitting home runs... When I made contact with the ball that is :P  It's a hard sport to pick up, and takes a bit even to just hit the ball to the other side of the court.

Well, me and my friends don't really understand the concept of rules, so that made it even worse. We'd ignore rules, knock the ball out of the court every other swing, and when the ball inevitably flew over the fence into the nearby field, we'd just grab another from the bucket, so that we ended up having to pick up dozes of ball at the end :P I don't think it helped that I was playing actual tennis players either. Even if we did things the proper way, I'm sure you're right. It's a very difficult sport to learn.

DashForever.

I play tennis for my school in Lewisville,TX. I've been playing Tennis since i was in the 7th grade. I was going to be on the Varsity team this year, but i chose not 2 be.

Tennis is a very fun sport i agree, but also it's very competitive.

With that being said.. Airborne, it's not really that hard to learn.. But getting your serves, backhands, strokes. Those are a bit hard to get under control.

I've gotton mine under total control. When you are going to return a ball, you have to take your raquet back early, NEVER late, otherwise you'll never hit it. When it comes to picking up balls.. you get them if they fly over a fence.

Serving though is one of my weaknesses. I can serve pretty well, however, it's harder to learn to get the ball into the square that your serving 2. All about using the right grip and control, and using enough power to get it over the net.

Edited by ~Chaotic Fluttershy~
  • Brohoof 1

Serving though is one of my weaknesses. I can serve pretty well, however, it's harder to learn to get the ball into the square that your serving 2. All about using the right grip and control, and using enough power to get it over the net.

This. So much this. I think I could fare myself a little bit better if could serve better than I currently do. One of the hardest things to master in my honest opinion.  I know I have started practicing again a few months ago (4 and a half to be exact, but I DID practice tennis and then stopped some 5 years ago), but it's the one thing that bothers me a whole lot.

And backhand volleys. Those are hard to do to. Blocking the ball is not easy at all...

I don't watch it, but I do play it. Not all the time, though. Just occasionally. It's a really fun sport!

I also like playing football, as a wide reciever. I don't know much about the game, but it's still fun being able to tackle people. Hehehehe.....But I'm not real athletic, and I usually suck at sports, but I enjoy playing them. Tennis is one of my favorites along with Baseball/Kickball., and football. 

• Brohoof 1

This. So much this. I think I could fare myself a little bit better if could serve better than I currently do. One of the hardest things to master in my honest opinion.  I know I have started practicing again a few months ago (4 and a half to be exact, but I DID practice tennis and then stopped some 5 years ago), but it's the one thing that bothers me a whole lot.

And backhand volleys. Those are hard to do to. Blocking the ball is not easy at all...

Yea, i agree.. but i can do them sometimes. Backhands are also another hard thing to learn, not really a whole lot hard, but i do backhand slicing because it's easier for me, but you have to time it right like you do when you bring your raquet back to do your forehand return or backhand.

Note to all that live in TEXAS: If anyone lives near Lewisville, or at least close enough to where it's like an hour drive.

I would love to meet alot of you guys! and coach you and practice with you and just have fun playing. Think of it as a Brony meet up sports edition  :)

Yea, i agree.. but i can do them sometimes. Backhands are also another hard thing to learn, not really a whole lot hard, but i do backhand slicing because it's easier for me, but you have to time it right like you do when you bring your raquet back to do your forehand return or backhand.

Note to all that live in TEXAS: If anyone lives near Lewisville, or at least close enough to where it's like an hour drive.

I would love to meet alot of you guys! and coach you and practice with you and just have fun playing. Think of it as a Brony meet up sports edition  :)

Know that feel about backhands bro. Are you one-handed or two-handed? I'm two-handed myself, but sometimes I forget that. :lol: I also like doing dropshots, but I can't do good slices at the moment. :(

And I'd LOVE to meet up and do some sort of tennis MLPForums brony meetup! :D But I'm in the other side of America. In Argentina to be precise. I'm too far away. :(

I love tennis! I have been playing for about 5 years as well. I don't watch it much, but I do play and have been on school teams. I would try out for my junior college, but I'd rather have a part time job :huh:

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

Epic bump!

Well guys, the French Open starts in a few hours and I'm definitely looking forward to some great matches. Nadal will be the favorite, obviously, but still, you never know. Anyone else going to be following the action?

I love tennis smile.png

I play it competitively on Saturdays, and I will start playing singles on friday nights next year biggrin.png

I have lessons 1~2 days a week

Sweet.. 

I really wish everypony lived close to where I am.. That way we could all meet up and play Tennis :P

But sadly, that's not the case.sad.png

I absolutely love tennis. I used to believe it was for nerds only, until I played it. It is EXTREMELY tiring, and requires full attention at all times.

• 1 year later...

I played tennis for about 5 years. It was pretty fun. 

I can't stand sports for the most part, but Tennis has a special place in my heart I do love Tennis even though I never learned to play I wanted to as a child. Even was gifted from my dad an awesome racket, but never learned, or learned to play well...lol.