Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Favourite Musicians or Band

Legit101

My favorite musician would have to be either Jason Richardson or Misha Mansoor, and my favorite band would have to be either Meshuggah, Periphery, Vildhjarta or Animals as Leaders. I like djent... a lot.

After thinking long and hard about this question, for me it's Rush. 

Their songwriting has always been on point to me, all members have an astounding amount of skill at their respective instruments, they've been a band for over 45 years and they still sound great live. There's also the fact that they can create such a full sound with only having three members, not to mention it's been the same three people almost the entire time.

Plus outside of music, they've always just seemed like such a down to earth, humble group of friends doing what they love and it's actually really heartwarming to me.

Paradis (they have more songs, they only started their Vevo channel a little while ago).

A French electronica duo who produce Deep House and Future House. I love their music simply for their French lyrics and atmosphere. While I understand some French, I'm still learning and hearing French words is like listening to sex. (If listening to sex was a good thing).

And by atmosphere, I mean I love how listening to their song you can just get dragged in Pandora forgetting well and truly the world around you.

• 2 weeks later...

If it had to be any band, it had to be Death (not the genre, the band)

Its even the biggest patch on my battlejacket I'm just started to make

1zd3ogp.jpg

Old school death metal is my favorite type of metal of all time!

It tends to change around alot, especially since I have a very wide range of music that I listen to and enjoy.

I love the Big Band stylings of Glenn Miller, I love the vocal excellence of Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Billie Holiday, and many others from that era, I love 50s rockabilly from Elvis Presley, Bill Haley, and the like, I love the late-60s swamp rock of Creedence Clearwater Revival, I love the brilliant lyricism and fantastic sound of Elton John and Billy Joel, I love the gritty voice and grittier themes of Johnny Cash, I love 80s hair metal like Bon Jovi, and I love the modern nuance and eclectic inspiration of OneRepublic.

And yes, of course I love the Beatles as well.

I just love too many diverse styles of music to be able to pick a favorite all-time artist.

• Brohoof 1

Foo Fighters

I've always loved their music, I could listen to any of their songs and enjoy it, and the lead singer Dave Grohl is one of the funniest people in music :lol:

They will also be my very first band I will see live next June :D 

• 1 month later...

Favorite band?

I can't really pick from these three: Nightwish, Aviators, and Evening Star.

Nightwish is the best symphonic metal band I've heard. I love the sound of them. I also love how i have to really think about their lyrics.

Aviators, in my opinion, has the voice of an angel. As with Nightwish, I also love the lyrics, though I can;t really explain why.

Evening star has the ability to, when I close my eyes, I get totally lost in though and forget the world around me. I think the main thing I like about all three is the way they combine orchestral in their music, since its a thing I absolutely adore!

So yeah 

I'm updating my answer since my love for Simple Plan died out. >____<

My favorite musician is PelleK (if it's not obvious enough lol). He's the most amazing person EVER, and his voice is absolutely gorgeous!! Not to mention he's literally so hot and adorable at times. He's my hero for a number of reasons. I've talked to him on different occasions, and he's honestly the most sweetest guy you could ever come across. >//////<

Mine changes all of the time depending on my mood or particular life experiences I'm going through.  I'm going through a Hans Zimmer phase right now.  Here's an example of his music:

Edited by spits
  • Brohoof 1

Mine changes all of the time depending on my mood or particular life experiences I'm going through.  I'm going through a Hans Zimmer phase right now.  Here's an example of his music:

Hans Zimmer and Two Steps from Hell are in my opinion some of the best composers of all time.

Especially Hans Zimmer. I have listened to some of Mozart and Bach, honestly I find Zimmer's work to be even better. His songs stir up emotions and tell stories without uttering a single word.

Le Vent Du Nord and Faun!

I base my favorite bands on how much of a band's music I enjoy. With most bands/musicians I like, I find that I may only enjoy 1/3rd to 1/2 of an album, very rarely an entire one. However, with Faun and Le Vent Du Nord, excluding maybe 5 songs total, I enjoy their entire discography. They are the only 2 bands that I have every enjoyed to such an extent, hence why they are my favorite bands!

Btw, Le Vent Du Nord is coming out with a new album in March....My excitement is so very great!!!

• 1 month later...

I wanted to change my answer to this because my tastes have really changed since then.

My favorite musician is definitely PelleK. I mean this guy is amazing. Not only that, but he's the whole reason why I've finally gotten back to being myself. He also helps my anxiety and depression by making it non-exsistent too, which is weird because most people have never been able to do that, you know? He's kind of my hero right now, besides being my fangirl crush. Yes, I know I mentioned PelleK in my previous post, but that was before I even realized he was my hero. lol

Also, I absolutely LOVE the GazettE. No, it's not because of how gorgeous they are either. That is one of the reasons. I love their music so much. They have a very heavy beat that I just love. I just have this deep fondness for them. Most of it is because I pretty much know the members and are comfortable around them. I've liked them since I was about seventeen or eighteen... if you don't count my long four or five year hiatus from them and other bands I like. Though, it's hard to choose between the GazettE and SCREW right now since Kazuki of SCREW is sooooo cute he's my puppy dog lol. So yeah. Updated response, and I'm finally very proud of it.

Edited by AdorbzFangirl
  • Brohoof 1

Favorite band? Maybe Junip (or Röyksopp, Daft Punk, Caravan Palace...)

I can't choose only one musician, my favorites are Virtual Riot, Flume, Waterflame, F-777, EnV, Ochre, TheFatRat... X_X

Edited by Blobulle

Brony musicians?:

Poni1Kenobi and MandoPony. Both of them encapsulate a positive spirit that I love in this fandom and there range of songs is truly impressive.

Regular musicians?:

Miracle of Sound. Guy loves his games and makes musical tributes that fit in the spirit of what they are a tribute to.

Linkin Park.

They have a very unique sound; no band I've ever heard sounds like them. They managed to blend rock and rap really well, which is something they still excel at today. They're the reason I'm a music fan. I've been a fan for over eight years and I saw them live last year; the absolute highlight of the decade for me.

I've been a fan of Maroon 5 since I was around 6-7 I don't remember exactly. I think I like them so much because "Sunday Morning" was the first American song I heard and it just stuck with me. Over the years they made pretty good songs, and although I don't pay much attention to them anymore, I still appreciate a good song when it comes by. The same can be said about One Republic.

I don't listen to a ton of bands per say...

I do love Blackgryph0n's music though. He has a wonderful singing voice, and especially with the recent IMmortal album, every track was like pure gold; made with passion. I also like his music that much more just because of how much of an awesome guy he is!

Also WoodLore...I've never really loved country music but WoodLore's songs...god, I could listen for hours. His voice is so delightfully amazing. I could literally marry his singing voice  :D

Probably a tie up between spitz, Versailles and L'arc en ciel. All of them for the vocals, as I am a vocalist myself. spitz is very nice and laid back alternative rock group with smooth vocals. L'arc en ciel is one of the greatest Jrock bands of all time, and I model my vocals somewhat off of Hyde (the lead singer). And Versailles, the best Powermetal band in the world until the split (making me die inside :<) Kamijo (the lead singer) is also an inspiration for my voice. Voices are what stick out to me most in music, so that's why I like those groups. Now that Kamijo is single, I'd that say KAMIJO is my favorite of all time.

Edited by Uncle Apples