Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone Eat at chick-fil-a

Michael DeSanta

@Evilshy said it first, and with gusto. The owner's beliefs don't necessarily reflect those of the franchise as a whole. Chick-fil-A is a franchise, thus different managers aren't going to agree with his ideals. But just because he's an owner, doesn't necessarily mean he's good with money (lots of businesses fail because they don't know their customers or how money works), nor does it mean his opinions always matter. 

That being said, I've had their spicy chicken sandwiches once or twice. Not going to lie, they're two steps up from Wendy's.

Goes to show that it doesn't matter what a person/corporation believes as long as their products and services are exceptional.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Sasoriman said:

@Evilshy said it first, and with gusto. The owner's beliefs don't necessarily reflect those of the franchise as a whole. Chick-fil-A is a franchise, thus different managers aren't going to agree with his ideals. But just because he's an owner, doesn't necessarily mean he's good with money (lots of businesses fail because they don't know their customers or how money works), nor does it mean his opinions always matter. 

That being said, I've had their spicy chicken sandwiches once or twice. Not going to lie, they're two steps up from Wendy's.

Goes to show that it doesn't matter what a person/corporation believes as long as their products and services are exceptional.

What many people often forget is that, in terms of the previous guy at least, it went beyond just his beliefs. He actively donated to organizations (and likely politicians I'd wager) who are anti-LGBT. That means any money I would spend there essentially would fuel such pathetic donations. Not sure where the company stands now, but since it is embraced by the right wing anyways, I'd prefer to stay far, far away. My boyfriend works at one of these places and on the form, it asks about your sexuality. I can't remember if he mentioned it being optional or not, but I find it so cute that a fast food chicken joint is oh so curious about someone's sexual orientation. 

I might eat there more if there was actually one close to where I live. Otherwise the closest ones are 10-15 minutes away and it's not that good enough for me to go there when there are already good chicken places within walking distance. Not to mention their drive thrus are worse than In N Out's(which is really impressive given I live in California)

• Brohoof 2

11 minutes ago, Megas said:

I might eat there more if there was actually one close to where I live. Otherwise the closest ones are 10-15 minutes away and it's not that good enough for me to go there when there are already good chicken places within walking distance. Not to mention their drive thrus are worse than In N Out's(which is really impressive given I live in California)

Man, I hate driving even 5 minutes away just for fast food. Hell, food alone in general is a hassle if it takes over 5 minutes for me :scoots:. Maybe it the main reason I don’t eat Chick-Fill-A as much as of late. Orlando traffic is rather ass :scoots:

On 2021-11-07 at 4:09 AM, Kyoshi said:

What many people often forget is that, in terms of the previous guy at least, it went beyond just his beliefs. He actively donated to organizations (and likely politicians I'd wager) who are anti-LGBT. That means any money I would spend there essentially would fuel such pathetic donations. Not sure where the company stands now, but since it is embraced by the right wing anyways, I'd prefer to stay far, far away. My boyfriend works at one of these places and on the form, it asks about your sexuality. I can't remember if he mentioned it being optional or not, but I find it so cute that a fast food chicken joint is oh so curious about someone's sexual orientation. 

As far as I can tell, the place hasn't changed one bit. I remember like ten years ago they tried to do this PR stuff once before saying they would be better, but then it came out that they were donating to hate groups once again. The CFA corporation is rotten to the core and will never change. Don't believe their PR stunts, the truth always comes out that they're still the same.

• Brohoof 3

A friendly reminder: Political discussions of any kind are not permitted. Please keep your political opinions to yourself.

-

On 2021-11-07 at 12:18 AM, TomDaBombMLP said:

Never even heard of it!

If you ever visit the U.S., and it is not Sunday, I recommend eating there! ^_^

I love their restaurant! And I love their food! :wub:

• Brohoof 3
  • Thanks 1

Years later, and I still eat at Chick-Fil-A. I eat there more frequently now, since I moved to a different location that has a Chick-Fil-A in a city that is nearby. I suppose I eat there about once or twice a month, I try to avoid eating it too frequently as I want to keep it a special treat - not a regular meal.

• Brohoof 1

The closest one to me is about 45 minutes away, so I only go when making special trips. I do enjoy them quite a lot when I do get their food, though. The service is always impressive as well; Chick-Fil-A has managed to find a way to keep their food fresh, and their lines moving at a remarkable rate. Their lines always go around the building, but I have never had to wait longer than 15 minutes. And when I do get it, it is always delicious; the worst experience I have had with them was merely okay.

Say what you like about the CEO or any other party's beliefs, but Chick-Fil-A is a culinary and logistical powerhouse. Especially compared to the likes of McDonald's and Burger King.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, The Recherche said:

The closest one to me is about 45 minutes away, so I only go when making special trips. I do enjoy them quite a lot when I do get their food, though. The service is always impressive as well; Chick-Fil-A has managed to find a way to keep their food fresh, and their lines moving at a remarkable rate. Their lines always go around the building, but I have never had to wait longer than 15 minutes. And when I do get it, it is always delicious; the worst experience I have had with them was merely okay.

Say what you like about the CEO or any other party's beliefs, but Chick-Fil-A is a culinary and logistical powerhouse. Especially compared to the likes of McDonald's and Burger King.

McDonnald’s at least have McFlurres, fries, nuggets, and hasbrowns for breakfast. Burger King is ass :eww:

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Steve Piranha said:

McDonnald’s at least have McFlurres, fries, nuggets, and hasbrowns for breakfast. Burger King is ass :eww:

I think as a whole McDonald's has better food, but my experiences with them have been substantially worse than Burger King. lukewarm or poorly made food, or even just straight-up wrong orders are not uncommon with them, in my experience. I just take my local Wendy's over either of them, honestly; they aren't Chick-Fil-A good, but they seem to be reliably enjoyable.

Spoiler

Nothing is worse than KFC nowadays, though. :mlp_pout:

• Brohoof 1

19 hours ago, The Recherche said:

I ate their in my childhood, long before the stuff came out, and literally all I can remember about them is their fries being so soggy. It just ain't even worth it.

On 2021-11-09 at 7:46 AM, Envy said:

As far as I can tell, the place hasn't changed one bit. I remember like ten years ago they tried to do this PR stuff once before saying they would be better, but then it came out that they were donating to hate groups once again. The CFA corporation is rotten to the core and will never change. Don't believe their PR stunts, the truth always comes out that they're still the same.

I never heard them claim that they stopped, considering that they gained popularity by NOT stopping, since they made themselves out to be a martyr in the "war against stuff that doesn't hurt anybody."

I'm curious about the food though. I've never been a big fried chicken person, mostly because it seems like all fast food establishments who have classic southern-style fried chicken, serve it so dry (probably after being kept warm for an hour) that you could literally scratch your throat on the breading. Will probably try it at least one time, just to see if it's any better than KFC or Popeyes.

• Brohoof 2

44 minutes ago, Envy said:

I ate their in my childhood, long before the stuff came out, and literally all I can remember about them is their fries being so soggy. It just ain't even worth it.

Are you referring to Chick-Fil-A, McDonald's, or Burger King? Because I can believe all three, in fairness, especially if you had a particularly rubbish Chick-Fil-A/McD/BK near you. Burger King tends to have the worst fries, in my experience, even when they are fresh and hot. Greasy spoons in general tend not to have great fries, if you ask me; the only ones I truly like are Checker's/Rally's, and even then, I am not always in the mood for them.

24 minutes ago, BornAgainBrony said:

I'm curious about the food though. I've never been a big fried chicken person, mostly because it seems like all fast food establishments who have classic southern-style fried chicken, serve it so dry (probably after being kept warm for an hour) that you could literally scratch your throat on the breading. Will probably try it at least one time, just to see if it's any better than KFC or Popeyes.

In my experience, you can rely on Chick-Fil-A to be moderately fresh at the worst of times, unless your locations is rubbish. I can safely say that they are better than modern KFC's, though; I don't know what happened to them, but their quality degraded a lot with time. It seems to be a USA thing though, from what I am hearing; countries like Japan tend to have great KFC's. I do think Popeye's is a bit more of a fair comparison, though; Popeye's is lovely at the best of times, but again, that can be location specific.

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, The Recherche said:

Are you referring to Chick-Fil-A, McDonald's, or Burger King? Because I can believe all three, in fairness, especially if you had a particularly rubbish Chick-Fil-A/McD/BK near you. Burger King tends to have the worst fries, in my experience, even when they are fresh and hot. Greasy spoons in general tend not to have great fries, if you ask me; the only ones I truly like are Checker's/Rally's, and even then, I am not always in the mood for them.

No, I know it was Chick-Fil-A. It was their 'signature' waffle fries and I can clearly remember it was CFA. In fact, CFA's soggy waffle fries made such a negative impression on me that when Arby's later came out with waffle fries over a decade ago I was wary about them.

Thankfully my family didn't eat at CFA often, apparently. And now we never do, of course. Both of the last universities I attended had CFAs in them and I didn't even think of eating there even once. Screw them. Not getting a single penny from me.

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1

18 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Burger King is ass 

Hey man don’t knock those Rodeo Burgers, those things always hit the spot

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-11-11 at 1:05 PM, Megas said:

Hey man don’t knock those Rodeo Burgers, those things always hit the spot

Hopefully, their meat is good in those. BK’s meat, in my experience, is pretty insipid and dry :eww:. I imagine McDonnald’s is the same, but haven’t tried those. Wendy’s are juicy at least :mlp_icwudt:

• Brohoof 1

I don’t. Even with their… history aside, I never really felt like it was really that good in retrospect. Always felt like I could get chicken from my grocery store that tasted about the same if not better for potentially better value.