Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone Eat at chick-fil-a

Michael DeSanta

I eat there, I don't really care about the random rep they get because their owner doesn't support gay marriage and they're closed on sundays. I still go there alot of times with my dad, and I love they're chicken and fries, not to mention their shakes are pretty good, its a place closer by my dads and a cool place we get to go to bond when I'm there.

I don't really think theres any point in boycotting the business just because of the owners views and such. If the foods good then eat there, if not don't thats how I see it.

Boycotting them won't do much anyways, he'll still have plenty of money I'm sure, at best the people working there will lose their jobs, and theres already quiet alot of job issues at the moment, I don't think the people working there exactly have the funds to lose their job really.

Regardless i'd eat there even if I wasn't Christian, and heck even being a Christian I don't support the owners opposition to gay marriage, but I like the food, and the two really don't go hand in hand. Am I going to boycott another business because its owned by an atheist? Um no thats stupid, I think belief should stand alone on another ground and not really have much to do with, if anything to do with where you eat food.

Just my opinions of course. But I see no real reason why if you like their food you shouldn't eat there.

• 2 months later...

I don't get why a gay-marriage stance would effect choice of dining...

As for me (and I work there) I love Chick-fil-A! Best chicken ever, and great sauces.

New salads = booo. Smaller, more expensive, not as good. But that's okay, I didn't get the salads much anyway.

I don't like chicken very much.

When I go there I get the salads. I like the new Cobb Salad with the Apple Cider Vinegrette dressing.

I ate there once, I actually liked it. But my mom got sick after eating their food so we never went there again :(

And about there ideas on gay rights, I don't really care. Its not like they can put homophobia into their food

I know this girl in my school who would care though. Once I mentioned Starbucks and she said "They are homophobic".

I've never actually *seen* a Chic-Fil-A. There doesn't appear to be any in my current region, or in any of the places I used to live. I get the impression they're more common in the southern and middle states, which I rarely visit.

I have never eaten there, probably never will. Not only has money that they have made as a company gone to anti-gay organizations, but there are probably tons of better choices for me in terms of fast food. 

Simple as that for me really.

• Brohoof 1

Ate there yesterday and they have amazing customer service (taking your food to the table, getting refills, stocked condiments bar), very kid friendly, and good food. I do hate that their owner (of many) is an old-fashioned bigot, that many conservatives came forth to rally behind the chain, but people have brought up already how its not a simple solution. I just don't plan on making it a regular stop...

lol guys they stopped with the whole anti gay thing. I'll admit that their reasons are kind of eehhhhh but I can now rest safely knowing that when I go down there to buy a spicy chicken deluxe sandwich that my money isn't going towards some weird fundamentalist religious stuff.

Oh my God, not this again...

Okay, first, Chick-Fil-A doesn't support Family First. It's owner does. Those are two very different things. Boycotting it isn't going to change his mind, or bankrupt him, or anything towards the goal of marriage equality. He owns a major goddamn business, so you know he's probably good with money, so he either has a lot of money saved in various accounts, or a lot invested in various things (probably both). If Chick-Fil-A went out of business, he could survive on his money for awhile until he could find a new source of income.

What a mass boycott would do is result in a lot of people who have nothing to do with this losing their jobs. So I guess if you think it's okay to make a bunch of random people lose their jobs because you don't agree with something their bosses bosses bosses bosses boss said, go right ahead.

Second, opinions on gay marriage have nothing to do with chicken. Abso-fucking-lutely nothing. It doesn't change the seasoning or breading recipe. It doesn't change how it's cooked. It doesn't change how the company is structured. It doesn't change anything regarding the company, or it's service, or it's product at all. All it changes is where some of the money that a private citizen got from his private business goes.

I don't agree with some of the opinions of the Girl Scouts, but I bought 7 boxes of Thin Mints because they are damn good.

All that being said, I don't eat there because I don't like the food very much.

Everyone needs to listen to this guy, okay? Chik+fil-a as a company does not have a standpoint in the gay-rights. The boss does, but he basically said this,

"Yeah, I don't support it, but I won't act on it in my company; that's wrong."

Now, here's my problem; NO ONE was upset with Starbucks, even though he said this

"IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN GAY RIGHTS, GET OUT OF MY COMPANY!" (pg verison)

Now, look; I get the whole human rights thing, but we have to remember that to some people, this is against their belief. We have to be open-minded and accept both sides of the arguement. I hate society because everyone rallies up against the Chick Fil A guy, but not a word is said against Starbucks, because they went with the popular opinion, while still hurting others and kicking them out.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Never had it...not that I feel I'm missing out on anything, as I'm not the world's biggest chicken buff. From what I can see, the nearest one is in San Jose, so I might check them out the next time I decide to head up.

Also, the whole gay marriage controversy...is that really still a thing? Are people really still attacking the corporation (and by extension, innocent employees) just because the head honcho supports the biblical definition of marriage? Sorry, but that's a positively ridiculous motive to boycott the chain, for all the reasons Evilshy stated. huh.png

Edited by Lowline

• 6 years later...

I love Chick Fil A! They’re always so nice and their food is delicious...the chicken sandwiches especially. Any of you ever tried the Frosted Lemonade they have? It’s HEAVENLY 

(edited)

I boycott them. Their food is too expensive anyways for how alright it is, but I do so I for political reasons. They are a repressive establishment who wouldn't serve me if my boyfriend and I walked in. It's their freedom to be like that, but it's going to lose them money. :bea:

Edited by ~Angel Dust~
  • Brohoof 2

Boycotting large cooperate businesses never work well for those who work for them, meaning the smaller guy. You end up hurting the employees, who many maybe gay themselves, but any way, it's up to you on how you resolve it. I personally do go and not ashamed of it, even as a pansexual women. I don't go so much but I do enough to enjoy every so many months.

• Brohoof 2

On 3/13/2013 at 3:12 AM, Michael DeSanta said:

I know they supported family first I get it. But why do i like their chicken sandwhichs so much. Not to mention their waffle fries too. I know they are against gay marriage but still what should I do. I mean their food is a lil pricy,they are not open on sundays which I understand they want to give their workers sunday off since they are a christan company you have a right to freedom of religion. But still what should I do?

Should I boycott them for their honest belifs? Should I not eat there because it is fast food. Or should I just forgive them and stop worrying about their politics and go to a place for its food and stop makeing this thing Bucking political. I feel a little odd posting this on here please i am just curious about this.

Well, the company has it’s views, you have yours, but that shouldn’t get in the way in enjoying food you like just because you don’t share beliefs, or you happen to be LGBT. Different would be if they refuse service for it. Otherwise, goods and services exchange first and foremost :proud:

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Steve Piranha said:

Well, the company has it’s views, you have yours, but that shouldn’t get in the way in enjoying food you like just because you don’t share beliefs, or you happen to be LGBT. Different would be if they refuse service for it. Otherwise, goods and services exchange first and foremost :proud:

The money they make goes directly toward anti-LGBT causes. It's not like going there is just going somewhere where the company/leader has different "views". Which, I mean, screw you if your different "views" include wanting harm and discrimination toward LGBT people to be sanctioned by the government. That is not a "view", "belief", "opinion" (whatever disingenuously acceptable term you wish to call it) that is okay. Any money spent there could - and is likely to - go toward causes that harm others and I.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
2 hours ago, Envy said:

The money they make goes directly toward anti-LGBT causes. It's not like going there is just going somewhere where the company/leader has different "views". Which, I mean, screw you if your different "views" include wanting harm and discrimination toward LGBT people to be sanctioned by the government. That is not a "view", "belief", "opinion" (whatever disingenuously acceptable term you wish to call it) that is okay. Any money spent there could - and is likely to - go toward causes that harm others and I.

Wait, they donate to organizations to undermine LGBT, or they donate to organizations who HAPPEN to be con LGBT :huh:?

Edited by Steve Piranha

I love Chik-Fil-A. Back in college we used to get 5 free meals at campus restaurants every week, and since I had either an 8am or 9am every day I'd always eat breakfast there. Their sandwiches and fries are amazing, but don't forget about their breakfast biscuits (they're really just a chicken sandwich with a biscuit instead of buns, but it's so good). As for their political views, I only go there for food so that's all I worry about. I try to stay out of politics as much as I can.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Steve Piranha said:

Wait, they donate to organizations to undermine LGBT, or they donate to organizations who HAPPEN to be con LGBT :huh:?

I'm not sure what exactly your question is here. I'll just say that one of the organizations that Chick-Fil-A has donated to is Family Research Council which is a hate group which, to put it very simply, has tried very hard to paint LGBT people as predators. They're clearly out to undermine LGBT people and their rights. And it's not like this is any secret. Chick-Fil-A is not innocent. They darn well know who their money goes to.

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Envy said:

I'm not sure what exactly your question is here. I'll just say that one of the organizations that Chick-Fil-A has donated to is Family Research Council which is a hate group which, to put it very simply, has tried very hard to paint LGBT people as predators. They're clearly out to undermine LGBT people and their rights. And it's not like this is any secret. Chick-Fil-A is not innocent. They darn well know who their money goes to.

Damn, that’s rather dickish