Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How to convince my mom to let me buy a mlp hoodie?

DerpyAezis

Hey everyone, do I'm a 16 year old male and my mom told me that I need a new hoodie. I found a hoodie with derpy on it that I liked, so I asked her if I could have it. She knows that I watch the show and has bought me a twilight sparkle bracelet thing, and I didn't even ask for one. When I asked her she got Mad and said things like "I don't want my son to be the laughing stock" and "It's a show for little girls" and "you will get beat up for wearing it (even though something like that would never happen where we live). I told her that I have a couple friends who have mlp clothes too but she changed the subject, and I don't know what to do. She thinks I am a "follower" because I have friends that have mlp merch. All answers are greatly appreciated!

ahh yes.

Well first try asking your parents again,but reason with her a little.Then if all else fails,then the other choice is to just raise the money yourself,and buy the jacket yourself.It's easier that way.Plus your mom cant reject.Because it is with your own money.

I'm 16 too, and my mom took me to the store to get my Derpy Hoodie and a Vinyl Rainbow Dash Figure aswell.

She knows about the show and knows a ton of guys watch it, she works at Disneyland and sees alot of people wearing My Little Pony clothes and whatnot. So i don't see why your mom would think that way.

My mom didn't question me at all, she found it a bit funny. But didn't really care.

img-1300893-1-894921_467507006650680_512

I'm guessing you want the same hoodie i have?

Edited by KToadstool

Hey everyone, do I'm a 16 year old male and my mom told me that I need a new hoodie. I found a hoodie with derpy on it that I liked, so I asked her if I could have it. She knows that I watch the show and has bought me a twilight sparkle bracelet thing, and I didn't even ask for one. When I asked her she got Mad and said things like "I don't want my son to be the laughing stock" and "It's a show for little girls" and "you will get beat up for wearing it (even though something like that would never happen where we live). I told her that I have a couple friends who have mlp clothes too but she changed the subject, and I don't know what to do. She thinks I am a "follower" because I have friends that have mlp merch. All answers are greatly appreciated!

This is indeed a predicament. You could try talking to her again about it or you could just buy it yourself. I pretty much buy all my own pony merch. 

Oh my fucking god she should just let you have it.

It's just a hoodie, it's not going to hurt anybody in anyway, so what's so bad about it?

Oh people are going to mess with you? Pfft..ok? Let haters hate. 

I don't even have anything else to say at this point it's just so stupid...

ahh yes.

Well first try asking your parents again,but reason with her a little.Then if all else fails,then the other choice is to just raise the money yourself,and buy the jacket yourself.It's easier that way.Plus your mom cant reject.Because it is with your own money.

Yeah, I'm getting 300$ soon and told her I would buy it during the conversation. but that didn't work, I'll try to reason with her when she's in a better mood.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to have a hoodie like this or other mlp things...

But I wouldn't even ask my parents they wouldn't understand that... sleep.png 

(they don't know I'm a brony(also they don't even know what a brony is))

(edited)

This thread seems a bit old for anyone to reply. But if you're still having the same problem...

;

Where do you live? Depending on which country it is, you can go get a debit card which you can use to order things from the internet at the age of 16. I got mine when I was 16. Though I live in Sweden so it may be different. If your parents doesn't want to get you a debit card you can always ask relatives or friends' parents, haha. I remember buying a bunch of pony merch for one of my friends like a year ago because he didn't have a debit card.

And there is always the alternative to ask very kindly a few times until she agrees. Nag the shit outta her.

Edited by Justin Bieber

• 2 weeks later...

Heres some good tips either convince her with reasons if that doesn't work buy the hoodie with your own money and also another try that parents fall for is try to ask her kindly to see if she will just say yes :)

Some of the hoodies they have made are awesome! But not all of the hoodies I like... the rainbow dash one with the mane looks weird.

derpy_hooves_hoodie_by_theflyingpanda08-

That is the kind of hoodie I like.

Getting your parents to understand is going to be like trying to talk with a wall... It really all depends on how your parents are unfortunately. I don't know how old you are but if you have money at least try and offer to get it yourself. Anyways it is not going to be easy to convince your parents because most will see it as a waste of money or they will just think negatively at you for wanting to buy something such as that. Parents are douches sometimes mellow.png  

• Brohoof 1