Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are your most stupid reasons to get in trouble in school?

Red Diamond

My high school has a no nonsense approach to enforcing the rules. We have a main principle, two assistant principals, and a director of athletics, all four of which assist in monitoring the school in addition to their administrative duties. In addition, there are three security guards. These are actual security guards, huge, scary, but generally they seem pretty nice. There's one in charge of the main floor, one in charge of the second floor, and one who monitors the outside area around the school, including the parking lots. On the main floor there's a security guard office that's like a small house in the middle of the large main area/lunchroom. They have these windows that they can see out of and watch kids walk by, but you can't see inside through them. I think all of the auditoriums also have small offices in the back of them with those kinds of windows for security. We also have a resource officer from the local police department who works at our school as additional security, covering the school in general. There are also probably near one hundred teachers, paraprofessionals, and other staff. There are also security cameras everywhere, near the entrances, throughout the hallways, near administrative offices, and outside. It is extremely difficult to get away with anything at my school, which is definitely a good thing. From what I have seen so far, there is very little bullying or other bad behavior at my school. It happens, but so far it seems greatly limited. This way I can go to school without having to be too afraid that something bad will happen. 

Punishments for serious rule violations at my school are severe. I don't think the security guards care about swearing, but if you use it in class and the teacher hears you, depending on the teacher, you'll probably get in trouble, but I doubt the punishment for that is too severe. However, if you get into a fight at school, the resource officer arrests you on site, and you also get 10 days out of school suspension. If you are caught with drugs at school, you get 10 days out of school suspension. You can also be expelled: at the sophomore orientation at the beginning of the year, one of the assistant principals told us that once, a senior was caught spitting off of the second floor balcony down onto the main floor on one of the security cameras. The security cameras are so powerful they could clearly see what his shirt said. He was expelled. 

I have yet to get in any serious trouble at school. Only a minor event comes to mind: I was in the lunch room, and the bell rang. I got out of my chair, and kicked it pretty hard into the table instead of pushing it in normally. The main principal, one of the assistant principals and the resource officer were all standing mere feet away from me. They pretty much just looked at me, and the main principal wagged his finger at me with a look of "don't do that" and told me to take it easy or something. Other than that, I've never gotten in any form of trouble at school, and I never plan to. There is absolutely no reason why I would want to. I don't want to mess with those security guards, I don't want to go to jail, I don't want to get anything bad on some kind of permanent record, and I just don't feel inclined to do something that's seriously wrong. 

Edited by SCS