• Four Swords Adventures
    • Twilight Princess
    • The Minish Cap
    • Skyward Sword
    • Phantom Hourglass
    • Spirit Tracks
    • A Link Between Worlds
    • Hyrule Warriors

With Majora's Mask recently being re-released, I'm liking the game so far. Although I'm really early in the game, I am trying to get some sidequests done before heading to the first dungeon. There's apparently quite a bit of changes they made in the remake.

(coming soon)

@@Blue Moon, I've edited the topic title to make it a bit more encompassing.

@@Dawn Wing@@Twilight S7@@@Complexity

I've merged your threads with another LoZ thread.

My favorite Zelda game of all time is Majora's Mask. I'm so stoked to play it on the 3DS finally. They made it a lot more user friendly with the re-release as well. I've played them all except Skyward Sword. Been looking to buy it, but it's still 40 friggen bucks. 

• Brohoof 2

f_50_1_70.jpeg

I got an extra hour in the ballpit

Majora's Mask.

Because of dark storyline.

Also, because it has a huge overworld.

I don't mean to brag, but I got Majora's Mask 3ds on the day it came out and... not gonna lie, it's probably the best Zelda game on the 3ds so far.

ldpuao4c292.png

• 3 months later...

That feel when mentioning how the "realistic" graphics of Twilight Princess failed to hold up compared to the cartoony style of Wind Waker causing massive butt hurt on a zelda forum.
wpid_successful_troll_by_trolltrollingtr

• Brohoof 5

e903e0168e.png

That feel when mentioning how the "realistic" graphics of Twilight Princess failed to hold up compared to the cartoony style of Wind Waker causing massive butt hurt on a zelda forum.

sig-3770724.wpid_successful_troll_by_tro

I actually found the cartooney style Zelda games more relatable.

That's how I feel. I prefer the cartoony style Zelda games. TP was still a pretty good game, though. Midna was pretty badass.

Majora's Mask 

it's not just my favorite Zelda Game of all time but my most favorite game of all time overall

there are very few video games that I can call art but Majora's Mask is pure art 

there is so much more beneath the surface of the game

There is so much discussion with Majora's Mask even down to the way the song of healing is composed

it's just amazing

As for the 3DS version which I bought on launch day, it's just as amazing at the original... Then you get to Great bay, where nintendo took the stellar swimming controls and fucked them beyond all belief, ruining a large part of the game for me. So the 3DS version, while there are some things I don't like, Majora's Mask is still my favroite game.  

I can't really say too much about Twilight Princess. I played a couple hours before setting it down indefinitely. I don't know what it was that caused me to do it but the controls on the Wii really felt awkward. I can't say too much about Skyward Sword either.

(coming soon)

And that's completely true.

Ignoring that Wind Waker ever got an HD re-release, the Gamecube original still looks like it could be a brand new game from a technical aspect*; high-poly environments and characters, high-resolution textures, good lighting, etc., the hardware of the system was all that was necessary to make that visual style look about as good as it can look.

*Even moreso if you run it in 1080p through an emulator.

Twilight Princess, on the other hand, looked dated the day it came out.  It's one of those "pretty from afar" things.  Up close:  Muddy, busy, low-res textures, a palette so dreary the game might as well be monochrome, and some character models that would fit right at home on the N64.

Ignoring the technical side, you can make up your own mind about the art direction.  The art direction of the whole series is something I appreciate dearly, most of the games have their own specific look tailored to mechanics and themes in them (e.g. Wind Waker has it's fair share of silly mechanics; like using a giant leaf as a parachute; and the art style compliments them well).

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

A Link to the Past is my favorite, I remember all my family used to play it.

Phantom Hourglass, Minish Cap and Ocarina of Time are pretty good too.

Edited by Blobulle

Twilight Princess, on the other hand, looked dated the day it came out.  It's one of those "pretty from afar" things.  Up close:  Muddy, busy, low-res textures, a palette so dreary the game might as well be monochrome, and some character models that would fit right at home on the N64.

My brother would stab you for saying that. He is so far gone a TP fan it's funny. He claims to be a massive zelda nerd, but has only played about 4 games, hates the two originals, and doesn't accept the timeline as canon.

e903e0168e.png

• 3 years later...

No one posted here in 3-4 years! Noy Since the year Tri-Force Heroes came out months after the last comment. 

Well, I'll fix that with this picture of the Hardcover Zelda books from Dark Horse, plus the Official Player's Guide to Breath of the Wild and my Nintendo Switch carrying case. All of which I own.

20190203_204940.thumb.jpg.8e3e932a132e3a23165a96d1034993f1.jpg

Nintendo Switch Carrying Case (Top right): Modeled to look like a Sheikah Slate, it can carry the Nintendo Switch Tablet console and attached Joy-Cons, 12 Game Cards and I made space to hold in a bad the wrist straps and a charging cable should I need them. I got it as part of the Collectors edition of Breath of the Wild along with my Nintendo Switch Pack

Official Player's Guide to Breath of the Wild (the top left one of Link climbing): A strategy guide that tells the usual walkthroughs, checklists, maps and such you expect from a video game guide about the Latest game in the series, Breath of the Wild

Art and Artifacts (Red Book of Power): A collection of art assets, sprites, and concept art for your viewing pleasure. English release: February 2017

Encyclopedia (Blue Book of Wisdom): While some contradictory liberties were taken by the English translators, I would say this book contains all kinds of information about the series from the original to the Re-release of Twilight Princess in 2016. English Release: May 2018

Hyrule Historia  (Green Book of Courage): The first of these hardcover books to be released back in 2011. In addition to Skyward Sword concept art and info, short manga, and a foreword by Series Creator, the Zelda Timeline was first revealed here up to the release of Skyward Sword. While more games have been released since then that are retroactively added in, the timeline for the most part holds up. English Release: January 2011

Creating a Champion (White Book of the Wild): The Latest of the Books present. This book is all about Breath of the Wild from a more behinds the scenes approach. Separated into 4 sections: The Illustrations, Development, History and Interviews around the game. The History section focuses more on just the History of Hyrule within the game itself, leaving any possible references to previous games more like Mythology Gags rather than solid proof of where exactly the game takes place in the Official Zelda Timeline. English Release: November 2018

In fact according to an interview in book by Series Producer Eiji Aonuma held in October 2017 regrading the placement of BotW in the timeline:

Spoiler

Officially they decided not to put it any where on the timeline because they want the players to come to their unique conclusion where the game might take place. With a huge 10,000 time gap between the time the Ancient Ancestors first used the Divine Beasts and Guardians to help defeat Calamity Ganon and the time period our present day Link and Zelda had to deal with the return of CG, anything is possible and nothing is truly set in stone.

Personally, I heard of a theory that despite the 3 way split in the timline, with an unknown amount of time having passed since Ocarina of Time, maybe it's possible the 3 ending timelines, regardless of how each branch might end individually,  it's possible information from all 3 lines would come together.

Basically, another huge time gap would have given enough time for the 3 lines to "merge back" into one timeline again. Like after the merge, the Hyrule we see in game had many locations named after people, places and such from all the games so far and maybe future games IRL. After that, Calamity Ganon of 10,000 years ago was first defeated. Then 100 years before game start, CG striked back leading to Link's Defeat and reawakening 100 years later.

But that's just my way of looking at it.

• Brohoof 1

A Dragon as big as his love for Disney and has his head in the clouds literally and figuratively

948524045_DragonWillGuideBannerbyWifeofHawks.jpg.d26404e241135b8f330fd49c3a2858d9.jpg 

Ask Will Guide | Signature by Wife of Hawks | WiiGuy2014’s OCs

I've been a fan since playing Link's Awakening DX on the 3DS. A Link to the Past is my favourite, though.

At first I rejected the zero, but that was because I simply didn't understand it. Now I do.

22 hours ago, Will Guide said:

No one posted here in 3-4 years! Noy Since the year Tri-Force Heroes came out months after the last comment. 

I’m sure I’ve posted in a Zelda thread mere weeks ago tho  :huh:

img-32537-1-post-15132-0-63886300-146778

Sig by Discords

50 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

I’m sure I’ve posted in a Zelda thread mere weeks ago tho  :huh:

That was a more recent topic you posted in.This is an older topic that didn't have any activity in years.

A Dragon as big as his love for Disney and has his head in the clouds literally and figuratively

948524045_DragonWillGuideBannerbyWifeofHawks.jpg.d26404e241135b8f330fd49c3a2858d9.jpg 

Ask Will Guide | Signature by Wife of Hawks | WiiGuy2014’s OCs

• 1 month later...

Best Zelda of all time is A Link to the Past. I need to crack out my WiiU so I can legitimately play Breath of the Wild instead of on an emulator. Great game, but it feels like a Skyrim mod. :p

NZG | RA2M | BBPCG