General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

Care to elaborate on each point?

1. On long road trips.

2. I cannot recall. My memories are fragmented a little.

3. I imagine a lot of things. My heart says there is a big pit at the end of the road. But my head says that's a dumb idea, but I can't think of anything better, so I might as well agree with you Heart. And then my heart nods and says, "Well, I'm just guessing." And my head replies, "Eh, whatever floats yer boat."

• Brohoof 1

Posted Image

Twist looks so cute x3

What would happen if your pets could give you a rating of 1 to 10, 1 being bad, 10 being good, on how good of a caregiver you are? Would you get a good score?

Shadow (my dog) would probably give me a 5/10

I'm constantly kicking him out of my bed when I'm trying to sleep, and I hardly walk him.

• Brohoof 2

...should I be pleased or terrified with the way they're looking at me?

You should be terrified when all of the manes simultaneously go flat.

• Brohoof 1

You should be terrified when all of the manes simultaneously go flat.

No, I think actually that would be more exasperating than terrifying. A gaggle of depressed Pinkies is going to be a hard group to cheer up.
  • Brohoof 1

No, I think actually that would be more exasperating than terrifying. A gaggle of depressed Pinkies is going to be a hard group to cheer up.

I was thinking more of the Pinkie so depressed she gets crazy. I hope Berry doesn't see this conversation.

I was thinking more of the Pinkie so depressed she gets crazy. I hope Berry doesn't see this conversation.

If you are trying to reference Cupcakes, you're falling prey to a common misconception that Cupcakes was written as a response to Party of One. It was, in fact, written right after Call of the Cutie, about normal, everyday bouncy happy Pinkie Pie. It has literally nothing to do with Party of One. That association only came afterwards.

The Pinkie in Party of One suffered an emotional and psychological breakdown over the fact that her only true friends in the entire world--rather than just the mere acquaintances she makes of everyone else--had seemingly betrayed her and never liked her to begin with. And the most that happen is she became angry and miserable and didn't want to see any of them. She didn't try to hurt them--she only fought back against Rainbow Dash when Dashie tried to forcibly remove her from Sugarcube Corner, and even then she didn't exactly do much to hurt Dashie other than butt stomp her face.

So if you're worried about a depressed Pinkie, you should be worried about how she might make herself more miserable by isolating herself, rather than thinking she'll somehow strike out at others.

• Brohoof 1

So if you're worried about a depressed Pinkie, you should be worried about how she might make herself more miserable by isolating herself, rather than thinking she'll somehow strike out at others.

She'll strike out at others when she believes she has no friends. I was more referencing how she reacted to Rainbow Dash in Party of One, but crazy was the wrong word. Aggressive is what I should have used.

@,

Nightmare Moon looks pretty evil to me.

Edited by Jinx

She'll strike out at others when she believes she has no friends. I was more referencing how she reacted to Rainbow Dash in Party of One, but crazy was the wrong word. Aggressive is what I should have used.

She lashed out verbally only when Dashie came to bother her. She defended herself only when Dashie tried to force her to leave. And then she only ranted at the others because she'd been dragged in front of them and they were there.

She was isolating herself--she wasn't a danger to anyone else. She was a danger to herself.

• Brohoof 1

Billy Mays: To put the Fun Fun

Pinkie Pie: Fun Fun

Radicalfaith360: Fun Fun

Rebecca Black (et al): Fun Fun

Billy Mays: Back in your life.

• Brohoof 1

@,

Shut up you...

I got nothing

You win, I fail

Companies ship during the week, but mail comes Mon-Fri

Edited by Jinx
  • Brohoof 2

Hiya, hows a goin'?

If you are trying to reference Cupcakes, you're falling prey to a common misconception that Cupcakes was written as a response to Party of One. It was, in fact, written right after Call of the Cutie, about normal, everyday bouncy happy Pinkie Pie. It has literally nothing to do with Party of One. That association only came afterwards.

The Pinkie in Party of One suffered an emotional and psychological breakdown over the fact that her only true friends in the entire world--rather than just the mere acquaintances she makes of everyone else--had seemingly betrayed her and never liked her to begin with. And the most that happen is she became angry and miserable and didn't want to see any of them. She didn't try to hurt them--she only fought back against Rainbow Dash when Dashie tried to forcibly remove her from Sugarcube Corner, and even then she didn't exactly do much to hurt Dashie other than butt stomp her face.

Okay, you can be my second favorite forumite.

A simple yet effective way to look at the villains.

So Chrysalis was the best villain?
  • Brohoof 1

Okay, you can be my second favorite forumite.

You might be interested in reading my psychological analysis of Pinkie Pie, wherein I defend that position to a much greater extent and with a lot more supporting evidence than I did in that brief post. You can find it through my signature. (The Fluttershy thread will link to the others.)
  • Brohoof 2

A small army of happy ponies who may well do my bidding? I'd be quite pleased.
  • Brohoof 2

Hiya, hows a goin'?

Good Berry, nothing really going on here...

Posted Image

@@Kyronea,

You win too, I just posted it for comical effect. Instead I got drawn into a debate that I had no chance of winning.

Edited by Jinx

A small army of happy ponies who may well do my bidding? I'd be quite pleased.

I'll say it again:

Looks like I'm not the only one here who knows who that dude is :P.

Also, this is the most "mental" thing Gavin Free has ever done, according to himslf :lol:.