Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

GOOOOOD MORNING GCT! :D How are y'all doing?

Nope. There is a fuckload of artists that are never featured on EQD, and lots of them are damn good

Oh, I know that. What I meant by enough was that just with the drawfriends alone, there's TONS of good art...and there's still MORE tons of other good art elsewhere that are yet to be featured. :mellow:

Anyone know of a good anime?

If you haven't watched Fullmetal Alchemist, do it. That's one I can always recommend. 

Think I should wait till tomorrow to attempt a post in our RP?   Also, anything I need to know since I'm hopping in so late?

And your character sheet looks great! :D  And also take your time. I MIGHT post before you do, so be aware, but other than that, I think you're the only one left to check in. After that, just take it easy and take all the time you need. :)  

• Brohoof 2

i worked a bit more on the scribble i did last night. i fixed the bassline so it didn't sound iffy, and it's up to like 2 minutes now. despite that, it's only an intro and a breakdown long. i have to figure out how to make the mainpart of the song. no working title for the song as of yet, either.

edit: i decided to upload some more stuff onto my SoundCloud:

http://soundcloud.com/viscramaelstrom/starsweeper-skyscapes-wip-no-2

a further in-progress WIP of Starsweeper. i don't know if i know how to finish it at this point, though, but i like what i did with it so far.

http://soundcloud.com/viscramaelstrom/wip-song

the new untitled song i worked on last night. i'm sure i'll finish it at some point. it's VERY unfinished and unmastered, so beware.

edit: fuck, that's an older WIP of Starsweeper. brb fixing that.

edit 2: FUCK THAT SHIT WITH UPLOADING BUT NOW THE LATEST WIP IS UP.

Edited by Princess Viscra Maelstrom
  • Brohoof 1

And your character sheet looks great! :D  And also take your time. I MIGHT post before you do, so be aware, but other than that, I think you're the only one left to check in. After that, just take it easy and take all the time you need. :)  

Really? Thanks! :3

lol, I've taken far long enough. Its already almost night time according to your post. Now the problem is, I have to make sure my thought of an entrance still works.

And it seems like it doesn't. I don't think Star said anything about bus stops being near the inn, though, I could have sworn he did...

I know it's the day after and all, but I STILL WANNA WISH YOU ALL A MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

(huggles everyone)

And a Merry belated Christmas to you as well. :3

@, To me, Christmas doesn't end till the end of December :)

I wish more people thought like that.

It doesn't 100% go away for me all year. Cause I tend to have something christmas-y around my room.

Like my fully decorated mini tree! :D

I wish more people thought like that.

It doesn't 100% go away for me all year. Cause I tend to have something christmas-y around my room.

Like my fully decorated mini tree! :D

Our tree and all is going to stay up till mu aunt gets back from vacation. I don't mean to make you  jealous, but we got snow here and I hoped and prayed for snow :D

Our tree and all is going to stay up till mu aunt gets back from vacation. I don't mean to make you  jealous, but we got snow here and I hoped and prayed for snow :D

I'm not sure how long our actual tree will stay up. Its usually somewhat random and whenever my mom feels its time for it to come down (Which is never!)

Well, you just made me jelly. :|

I hoped for snow.....I got hard rain and fog. :|

All I could say is the brand. That more than likely is the whole difference.

i find it really silly that this other USB-drive (Verbatim) has a kind of protection to not let the stick's edge get bent over, while the apparently redeeming qualities of this other USB-drive (SanDisk) is that you have "your whole digital world in your pocket" and it's "slick design". as if that's worth 20 bucks more money!

i'm planning to buy the Verbatim drive, by the way, as well as a 2 TB external harddrive.

also, , did you notice the two WIP songs i posted in this thread?

i find it really silly that this other USB-drive (Verbatim) has a kind of protection to not let the stick's edge get bent over, while the apparently redeeming qualities of this other USB-drive (SanDisk) is that you have "your whole digital world in your pocket" and it's "slick design". as if that's worth 20 bucks more money!

i'm planning to buy the Verbatim drive, by the way, as well as a 2 TB external harddrive.

also, , did you notice the two WIP songs i posted in this thread?

Eeyup, thats how it works at times. Though, I'd be one to fall for it just cause I tend to like name brand stuff thats used often. :/

2...TB...harddrive...

Dear, Lord. Why so much space?!

You actually have enough to start filling that thing up?!

And, I remember seeing them earlier, but I got distracted by making an RP post and never got around to listening to them.

I'll go find them real quick.

2...TB...harddrive...

Dear, Lord. Why so much space?!

You actually have enough to start filling that thing up?!

i only have 212 or so megs left on my 1 TB external harddrive. can't live a whole year with that amount of space for my music, now can i? :P

HOLY shit, i just saw i have exactly 44000 files in my playlist here.

also, atlantic herring is DELICIOUS.

http://soundcloud.com/viscramaelstrom/starsweeper-skyscapes-wip-no-2

a further in-progress WIP of Starsweeper. i don't know if i know how to finish it at this point, though, but i like what i did with it so far.

http://soundcloud.com/viscramaelstrom/wip-song

the new untitled song i worked on last night. i'm sure i'll finish it at some point. it's VERY unfinished and unmastered, so beware.

I'm still liking the Starsweeper one. Loved the addition of the 'coin' sound. And did you add something to the part that starts at 1.26? I can't really hear anything different, but it doesn't seem to feel as empty as last time I heard it.

And the kick doesn't have much presence. It's kinda hard to pick up on behind everything else.

I'm sorta liking the second one. Its definitely abstract, but it does flow nicely and works well.

I do like the mixture of the pad and synth at 1.30 I think it is. The pad drowns out the synth, but not fully and I like how it sounds.

Random though:

I remember one guy had posted something that was completely random, and got slightly offended when everyone said it didn't make sense and was just thrown together.

i only have 212 or so megs left on my 1 TB external harddrive. can't live a whole year with that amount of space for my music, now can i? :P

HOLY shit, i just saw i have exactly 44000 files in my playlist here.

also, atlantic herring is DELICIOUS.

Holy Christ thats a lot of music...

Both, the almost full 1TB harddrive, and the 44k songs in a playlist...

On 12/26/2012 at 9:56 PM, TGAP Haven said:
I'm still liking the Starsweeper one. Loved the addition of the 'coin' sound. And did you add something to the part that starts at 1.26? I can't really hear anything different, but it doesn't seem to feel as empty as last time I heard it.

And the kick doesn't have much presence. It's kinda hard to pick up on behind everything else.

I'm sorta liking the second one. Its definitely abstract, but it does flow nicely and works well.

I do like the mixture of the pad and synth at 1.30 I think it is. The pad drowns out the synth, but not fully and I like how it sounds.

Random though:

I remember one guy had posted something that was completely random, and got slightly offended when everyone said it didn't make sense and was just thrown together.

Holy Christ thats a lot of music...

Both, the almost full 1TB harddrive, and the 44k songs in a playlist...

yeah, i added the coin song because i had enough retroactive sounds in there (the triangle wave bassline, the chiptune lead) that i thought adding some retro sound effects would spice up the song. that was my idea of continuing the song, to add retro sound effects playing alongside the song (since i have a VST that's essentially a sample bank of NES sound effects, i rolled with the idea).

nothing was added there, except for changing up the drum pattern a bit there. everything else was mixing and mastering, since i didn't think adding anything else was necessary to that part. i do need to add back the extra bass to the kick, though...

the other WIP song was something that sprung out entirely from nothing last night after hearing those 3 tom sounds in the sample folder. as for the drowning out, that definitely needs re-mastering. everything is unmixed and unmastered, so it's bound to sound a bit bleh at this point.

throwing something in a random, uncoherent manner WILL get such replies. i mean, i'm a fan of chaotic arrangements, but you have to arrange the chaos first. yes, that works, breakcore's a living testament towards that.

and more is to be added! i have 3 giganormous albums (Enter Shikari's A Flash Flood Of Colour Redux, 41 tracks, Savant's Alchemist, 22 tracks, and over 20+ tracks) i need to put in on an external harddrive, not to mention downloading a lot of shit from Ektoplazm that has been released on there, maybe Dead Pixel Records have more stuff, i have to check out more of SectionZ Records discography...

i need external harddrives to further my existence. :3

Edited by Viscra Maelstrom

So my friend gave me a graphics card that he isn't using anymore, and I tried installing it... When I turned on my computer it emitted this high-pitched squealing noise.

I didn't feel like putting up with it's bullshit so I put my old one back in.

Oh GOSH, how time flies... Nostalgia...

*snip*

I was going through some of my old posts the other day, and I got a nostalgic feeling too. Even though the posts were only from a few months ago...

It's odd how that happens.