Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

General Firefly?

~ Indigo Windigo ~

I love it! It makes me think she's a distant ancestor of RD.

I concur........even her appearance may spark an ancestral resemblance to Rainbow Dash. 

• 7 years later...

I remember seeing that when the episode came out. I was cheering. Though, I do wish the actual Firefly would actually make an appearance, but what can you do?

29 minutes ago, The Hawks Simp said:

I'm thinking that firefly could be a cousin to rainbow

With me, I think Firefly should've been Rainbow Dash's mom. That's what Lauren Faust originally wanted.

3 minutes ago, JMTV99 said:

I remember seeing that when the episode came out. I was cheering. Though, I do wish the actual Firefly would actually make an appearance, but what can you do?

With me, I think Firefly should've been Rainbow Dash's mom. That's what Lauren Faust originally wanted.

Only reason she couldn’t be the mom was because Hasbro wasn’t allowed to do anything with G1 characters (except AppleJack and Spike, apparently). I’m not sure how all the rules worked but I know they had to make Pinkie use a G3 face instead of a G1 one for some kind of copyright reason in Too Many Pinkies.

1 minute ago, ExplosionMare said:

Only reason she couldn’t be the mom was because Hasbro wasn’t allowed to do anything with G1 characters (except AppleJack and Spike, apparently). I’m not sure how all the rules worked but I know they had to make Pinkie use a G3 face instead of a G1 one for some kind of copyright reason in Too Many Pinkies.

Yeah, that's a shame, but very true.

Yeah, it is a pretty neat thing to have included her in that episode as a cameo, especially since she's my favorite G1 character. It also makes me more curious about pegasus history, and Equestrian history in general.

• 1 year later...