Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

Only smart people can use it right. The smartest people in the history of humanity developed Photoshop.

I'm not smart enough to use every feature in Paint.NET, GIMP, or Inkscape, but I'm still able to generate nearly 600 of those hex-named files.

I'm not smart enough to use every feature in Paint.NET, GIMP, or Inkscape, but I'm still able to generate nearly 600 of those hex-named files.

The whole thing feels way too large - like it's so large I'll instantly be overwhelmed if I try to use it.

The whole thing feels way too large - like it's so large I'll instantly be overwhelmed if I try to use it.

I had a similar feeling when I started using Visual Studio. Besides, if there's a program I should be dreading, it's Blender.

I had a similar feeling when I started using Visual Studio. Besides, if there's a program I should be dreading, it's Blender.

Yes, but you obviously had the technical potential. It's something I lack.

Yes, but you obviously had the technical potential. It's something I lack.

It's called experience. Something I have with the three aforementioned drawing programs, but something I lack entirely with Blender. Have you ever taken a digital design class? That's how I learned how to vector... With Flash and Photoshop and Fireworks, but I had to go with the freeware alternatives, hence Inkscape, GIMP, and Paint.NET.

Seriously though, I can work two-dimensionally, but don't ever ask me to make a 3d model, because I won't know how.

Edited by Ganaram Inukshuk

It's called experience. Something I have with the three aforementioned drawing programs, but something I lack entirely with Blender. Have you ever taken a digital design class? That's how I learned how to vector... With Flash and Photoshop and Fireworks, but I had to go with the freeware alternatives, hence Inkscape, GIMP, and Paint.NET.

Seriously though, I can work two-dimensionally, but don't ever ask me to make a 3d model, because I won't know how.

I'm not sure where those classes are offered. I guess if I have the chance, I could look for one next year if I get into graduate school and take it as an elective.

Only smart people can use it right. The smartest people in the history of humanity developed Photoshop.

Correction: Only those who actually take the time to learn to use it right can do so.

And besides, there is no "right" way to use it. So that invalidates your statement right there.

Im planning to learn to vector whenever i actually sit down and focus on it, however, im doing it without a class.

Might do the same for coding if i can get into it.

Im planning to learn to vector whenever i actually sit down and focus on it, however, im doing it without a class.

I tried to make a macro the other day. Didn't go so great. And what kind of drawing program are you gonna go for?

I learned how Flash and Photoshop worked back in high school, so the initial knowledge of vector came from that. The rest came from Wikipedia and the 3-4 years I spent working with Inkscape.

I tried to make a macro the other day. Didn't go so great. And what kind of drawing program are you gonna go for?

I learned how Flash and Photoshop worked back in high school, so the initial knowledge of vector came from that. The rest came from Wikipedia and the 3-4 years I spent working with Inkscape.

I have both Inkscape and Adobe Illustrator I believe it is for when i try to vector. Whichever happens to come easiest to me is the one ill end up using.

Correction: Only those who actually take the time to learn to use it right can do so.

And besides, there is no "right" way to use it. So that invalidates your statement right there.

Can use it to its full extent, and there are right and wrong ways to use programs.

Can use it to its full extent, and there are right and wrong ways to use programs.

Thats better. My correction still applies to that as well though.

Not when the program ls made to explore ones creativiy there isnt.

Thats better. My correction still applies to that as well though.

Not when the program ls made to explore ones creativiy there isnt.

There's creativity and randomly hitting buttons and scribbling. If you know why you're hitting a certain button and drawing with a purpose, then you're doing it right. A chimpanzee can randomly hit buttons on photoshop. Also if you're trying to do something and can't get it to work or turn out the way you want it, you are failing.

There's creativity and randomly hitting buttons and scribbling.

Everything I draw always starts out with a random scribble. It's because Inkscape needs something to be there in order for the .svg file to be saved.

Even still, I still scribble because I'm just bored.

Edited by Ganaram Inukshuk
  • Brohoof 1

Everything I draw always starts out with a random scribble. It's because Inkscape needs something to be there in order for the .svg file to be saved.

I won't even pretend to know what you're talking about. It all goes straight over my head.

There's creativity and randomly hitting buttons and scribbling. If you know why you're hitting a certain button and drawing with a purpose, then you're doing it right. A chimpanzee can randomly hit buttons on photoshop. Also if you're trying to do something and can't get it to work or turn out the way you want it, you are failing.

Only if you really wanna sit in your dark little alley way and think like that.

Have fun.

Only if you really wanna sit in your dark little alley way and think like that.

Have fun.

I do. It's more realistic and keeps me from trying something only to fail and get sad.

A lot of mod development.

Wat mod? Got any link(s)

bout to cut half of my yard before it gets dark and then waste away to some LoL.

I'm wasting away to an episode of 'Weaponology' on Tanks, after gettin' drunk on cider apple orchards apple juice.

Edited by Gamer Twilight
  • Brohoof 1

If you've ever played Simcity 4 before, then you'll probably recognise the words in my sig. Otherwise, Google "Network Addon Mod".

I used to have a cd version of Sim City 4 some time back. Haven't played it in a long while. Looks like some cool work you're doing though. wub.png