Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

Just now, Sir Punicpunch said:

Nah, modding is a hobby in itself.

Cause I've played modded Minecraft for forever now. The only thing that sucks is waiting for stable mods/packs to come out for the latest version and staying 1 or 2 versions behind while the current version has something cool in it, like tweet-tweets and spit-spits. (I mean parrots and llamas.)

And that also goes for the only other game I've played.

18 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Is it wrong for me to only ever play games when modded? Case in point: Minecraft with ~220 mods installed.

only partially, but really that's more of an insult on the game itself than the player.

When a game literally needs mods for people to still find it relevent is kinda bad on its part.

Moreso when it turns into that rather early.

It wasn't supposed to be, but as I was typing it I thought of Ulfric Stormcloak saying "Legends don't burn down villages."

They say Ulfric Stormcloak murdered the High King. With his voice...shouted him apart.

3 minutes ago, Miss H said:

only partially, but really that's more of an insult on the game itself than the player.

When a game literally needs mods for people to still find it relevent is kinda bad on its part.

Moreso when it turns into that rather early.

Ive only seen one game where mods is its livelihood, but mainly because the game developers were rushed and broke a bunch of things in the process. Yes, it's Electronic Arts.

I can actually recite the entire beginning scene of Skyrim.

It's not weird.

I wanna do an impromptu recitation of all the dialogue in skyrim 

6 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Ive only seen one game where mods is its livelihood, but mainly because the game developers were rushed and broke a bunch of things in the process. Yes, it's Electronic Arts.

Also, Fallout 4, by the by.

4 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Also, its really insulting to insult the modded community, especially if you call modding cheating, but that's me coming from a modcentric community.

And the thread is unenjoyable now.

Modding I find to be a way to change a game into something else to be interesting to yourself. Sort of like tailoring a suit.

Rip thread.

2 minutes ago, Zyrael said:

must oil Mother soon... ...get all the hard to reach places...

Please don't quote Cicero, nobody wants that.

Also, Haven, you've given me a reason to never return to my old modding community, even though I never wanted to return anyway.

Also, Fallout 4, by the by.

Modding I find to be a way to change a game into something else to be interesting to yourself. Sort of like tailoring a suit.

Justification for wanting to go modded; I'm stupidly picky and find vanilla unenjoyable, but I like mixing mod features together so stupidly much, explaining it to anyone is impossible.

Also RIP in pieces Intel. (Its a long story.)

4 hours ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Also, Haven, you've given me a reason to never return to my old modding community, even though I never wanted to return anyway.

Justification for wanting to go modded; I'm stupidly picky and find vanilla unenjoyable, but I like mixing mod features together so stupidly much, explaining it to anyone is impossible.

Also RIP in pieces Intel. (Its a long story.)

Wait, what. What reason was that?

8 minutes ago, Sir Punicpunch said:

Fallout 4 is the worst offender.

Bethesda is just shitting on us at this point. They make their games dependent on mods, and are trying to charge us for them.

Never played Fallout, so I don't know. Also, I'm pretty sure Electronic Farts is worse than Bethesderp.

Just now, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

*Bethesderp

Seriously, what's Fallout like?

The Fallout series has an extensive lore, but Fallout 4 kind of ignores a lot of it and it's basically just a FPS game.

Also, settlement building.

2 minutes ago, Sir Punicpunch said:

The Fallout series has an extensive lore, but Fallout 4 kind of ignores a lot of it and it's basically just a FPS game.

Also, settlement building.

Ah yes... AlternateHistoryHub did a special episode on Fallout (and Attack on Titan). I like the theme, not so much the FPS aspect.