Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

2 minutes ago, Sir Punicpunch said:

That's pretty cool actually, that you can change rules and such. I'll check it out.

It's the best program I know of

(edited)
1 hour ago, Sir Punicpunch said:

Yeah, I'd guess so. The next solar eclipse seems to cross nearby where I live too, so that'll be easier.

Will AI really be good enough by that time?

59 minutes ago, ShadowDash13 said:

Who knows? They've already got some pretty good ones. The future could hold anything.

I want it to be, but it's alongside my feelings on electric cars and multithreading: I want Tesla and AMD to take over the world so bad...

Also, Punic, the heck are you talking about?

Edited by Ganaram Inukshuk

(edited)

Imagine this: a merger between Apple, Google, Microsoft, and Tesla with the end goal of creating a car capable of not only driving itself, but being a multimedia office on the go. Imagine the possibilities...

Edited by ShadowDash13

(edited)
5 minutes ago, ShadowDash13 said:

Imagine this: a merger between Apple, Google, Microsoft, and Tesla with the end goal of creating a car capable of not only driving itself, but being a multimedia office on the go. Imagine the possibilities...

I think you'll just make a mentally unstable car if you get Siri, Cortana, Google Assistant, whatever the heck AI is in Tesla's cars, and Alexa all in the same device. (Maybe a max of two AIs, one for the car, one for the multimedia system.)

Many times before, I've imagined having AIs in your car that you can have help manage even something as simple as a music playlist; after that, I realised that a car can do the driving for you while you foof around with that playlist.

Also, we have to get around Moore's Law or something; that thing's either dead or dying, so we need a way to get more processing power out of silicon, short of finding some other material better than silicon and also be able to mass produce it easily.

Edited by Ganaram Inukshuk

5 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

I think you'll just make a mentally unstable car if you get Siri, Cortana, Google Assistant, whatever the heck AI is in Tesla's cars, and Alexa all in the same device. (Maybe a max of two AIs, one for the car, one for the multimedia system.)

Tell me about it... Windows 10 has Cortana as a vital system process. Which means if it crashes, so does the computer. I accidentally corrupted it by typing a bunch of semicolons in with a USB keyboard and had to reinstall Windows.

20 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

I want it to be, but it's alongside my feelings on electric cars and multithreading: I want Tesla and AMD to take over the world so bad...

Also, Punic, the heck are you talking about?

I don't know?

Also, I doubt any merger between competing companies to occur, it just simply won't happen.

Just now, Sir Punicpunch said:

I don't know if a merger would even be a good thing. Competition is really important.

It wouldn't... monopolized prices would hurt everyone, particularly in the technology sector, where the competition is what drives the new technology.

20 minutes ago, ShadowDash13 said:

It wouldn't... monopolized prices would hurt everyone, particularly in the technology sector, where the competition is what drives the new technology.

This is also why I want AMD and Tesla to take over the world, or rather electric/self-driving cars and multi-core processors beyond 4 cores.

Just now, Sir Punicpunch said:

You can't welcome a member that was already a part of the club.

I'm older than you so I've been a member longer

Just now, Zyrael said:

kidding you're good fam

drink more coffee

I would if I don't drink a lot already and I know it's really unhealthy.

Just now, Sly said:

20048632_199457197251193_1493945203_o.pn

Man I feel like my Steam library is a museum of Retrò and Vintage games...

Those are some good games.