Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

OFFICIAL EQUESTRIA GIRLS POSTER!

MyShiningArmor

Ick, I'm not really excited for this one. It sounds way too 'high school drama' for my tastes. dry.png

Not a fan of shipping either, especially between the mane 6. 

I'll give the show a chance, but my expectations are fairly low.

• Brohoof 3

I'm not to excited about this I'll watch it just because we'er in the hiatus but that's about it. Judging buy there outfits it doesn't look like they put much effort into it, I mean their cloths don't really reflect their personalities very well. It looks like the same outfit with six different color schemes.

I read an article in Entertainment Weekly saying Hasbro has decided to go the live action route. Here's a photo from the set of the actress playing Rarity.

img-1378947-1-horse-head-mask-12.jpg

Edited by Circadian
  • Brohoof 21

This is kinda old news. It might be that I'm actually looking forward to it, but I saw this about 2 or so months ago. ^^

To everyone: This show does not affect you if you don't want to watch it. If you want to avoid it: do so. Don't moan about it and try to make the people that have an open mind close their mind and hate the show. kthxbai

• Brohoof 5

Uuuggghhh. Equestria Girls dry.png

I'm NOT a fan of the new series, who wants to see random high schoolers with wings? I love MLP because it's cute and has ponies rather than people. I go to high school everyday, why would I want to watch it on TV?

Anyways the poster looks ridiculous, at least in my opinion. Call me old fashion but I prefer the original any day. img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png

• Brohoof 1

Not liking this one bit. The biggest thing for me is that they are the same color as they are from Fim. It just looks bad due to the color scheme. I'll watch it though, despite my criticism but I have a feeling it'll be a flop

To all those who don't want to watch it: Great. Awesome. If one person says that they don't like it, that's ok. But there's no reason to come into this thread to say, "I don't like it, the drama will suck, the original is best, blah blah blah." It takes up space and is an eyesore.

Personally, I'm ready to give EG a chance. BRING IT ON, HASBRO :angry:

• Brohoof 2

I'm going to give the show a chance, but I'm curious as to why they made everyone completely human, but left the wings on.some of the characters.

I don't see the reason behind all the hate of Equestria Girls. I (personally) am eager to see it. I think it sounds interesting, seeing our little ponies as humans.

One of the main reasons I very much want to see this is; I want to see what the background ponies and side characters will look like.

(especially Colgate and Luna ^^)

~Colgate

Edited by Colgate♥
  • Brohoof 1

Ugh, high school dramas...great...now Hasbro has completely ruined it. There are enough of those already airing on TV, why add MLP to the mix?

They've completely ruined what?

It's not like they're replacing anything with Equestria Girls. It's just another way for them to get money.

• Brohoof 1

They've completely ruined what?

It's not like they're replacing anything with Equestria Girls. It's just another way for them to get money.

Well still, it won't be the same thing once the high school drama thing is put in the mix. Why not just make it a slice of life with lessons to be learned every day, like the original. 

Ugh, high school dramas...great...now Hasbro has completely ruined it. There are enough of those already airing on TV, why add MLP to the mix?

What did I say in my post earlier?

Stop posting this crap in this thread! This thread is for saying what we think of the poster and not the show! If one person says this in this thread, just brohoof it instead of making more negative posts that kill the thread.

Er, the character designs are weird. Very weird. I'm not sure I'd want to watch that, that's how weird it looks. But I'll give it a chance, I can't knock it 'till I've tried it.

What's up with no unicorn horns? Wings are okay but horns are a no-no?

On the other hand, I kind of like Pinkie Pie's design. She looks cute. <3

Edited by Earl Grey

i'm willing to give this a chance. That said, I'm not too fond of the designs as I've seen better anthro art out there by very talented people on deviantart and other places.

I don't understand all the hate this gets. Too many high school dramas? There are far too many police shows. Far too many cooking shows. Far too many First Person Shooters. But people keep making them. Why? Target audience. And there will always be an audience for "high school drama." And why is that? Because there are always people that can relate with them. But the great thing is, if you don't like it, you don't have to watch it. Also, it's not known whether this will simply be a high school drama.

And I personally don't mind the art style. I don't like it as much as FiM's, but, yeah.

The way I see it, it's just more stuff to potentially like watching. But this is just my opinion.

• Brohoof 2

Eh... still really not feeling these designs. The tails, wings, and odd colors work in MLP because they are PONIES. Put them on humans and it looks like a low-effort cash-in on an established brand. Other than the fact that they're standing upright, these designs don't really look like humans at all.

I'll echo the poster above who said that I've seen better art and designs on DA. Then again, the fan-made plushes are better than the official ones you see in stores, so maybe that isn't much of a surprise.

I don't understand all the hate this gets. Too many high school dramas? There are far too many police shows. Far too many cooking shows. Far too many First Person Shooters. But people keep making them. Why? Target audience. And there will always be an audience for "high school drama." And why is that? Because there are always people that can relate with them. But the great thing is, if you don't like it, you don't have to watch it. Also, it's not known whether this will simply be a high school drama.

And I personally don't mind the art style. I don't like it as much as FiM's, but, yeah.

The way I see it, it's just more stuff to potentially like watching. But this is just my opinion.

Just because there is a market for a certain genre of show doesn't mean it's not a tired concept to begin with. I can already see this show is going to be popular with teenage girls, though I'm not sure if this is my kind of show.

It's true I can just ignore it, though it's tough considering it is directly linked to one of my favorite shows. It's just like with Star Wars:

If you don't like the prequels, you can just ignore them. It's hard though, because they are pretty much linked with the movies you love.

I don't know, I'm making way too many assumptions too early. It's just, from the looks of it it is dangerously close to falling into the pits of mediocrity. I hope I'm wrong, but this show just doesn't have that much potential to begin with.

Uuuggghhh. Equestria Girls img-1378975-1-dry.png

I'm NOT a fan of the new series, who wants to see random high schoolers with wings? I love MLP because it's cute and has ponies rather than people. I go to high school everyday, why would I want to watch it on TV?

Anyways the poster looks ridiculous, at least in my opinion. Call me old fashion but I prefer the original any day. img-1378975-2-img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png

I pretty much agree with you, I think they look a bit weird in humanized form, especially now that they have wings i thought they where just going to make them human for without stuff like that (would have made more sense in my eyes).

I probably watch a few episodes jsut to see if it has "da magiks" but I'm not excited about it :P.

• Brohoof 2

Just because there is a market for a certain genre of show doesn't mean it's not a tired concept to begin with. I can already see this show is going to be popular with teenage girls, though I'm not sure if this is my kind of show.

It's true I can just ignore it, though it's tough considering it is directly linked to one of my favorite shows. It's just like with Star Wars:

If you don't like the prequels, you can just ignore them. It's hard though, because they are pretty much linked with the movies you love.

I don't know, I'm making way too many assumptions too early. It's just, from the looks of it it is dangerously close to falling into the pits of mediocrity. I hope I'm wrong, but this show just doesn't have that much potential to begin with.

Actually, that's a bad comparison. You CAN ignore the prequel movies, I guess, but it is directly linked with the original movies. The same characters, same universe, same exact canon. Equestria Girls may be based on the established characters of FiM, but it's still an entirely new universe by the looks of things. There may be parallels, but it will still be unique. So I don't think it's anything like Star Wars.

As for tired concepts, I've vocalized the opinion before that it is rare that you will find truly unique ideas anymore. Everything has been played out. Even the idea of doing something "different" is played out. Really, you're seeing the same picture painted with different colors.

(edited)

Eh... still really not feeling these designs. The tails, wings, and odd colors work in MLP because they are PONIES. Put them on humans and it looks like a low-effort cash-in on an established brand. Other than the fact that they're standing upright, these designs don't really look like humans at all.

I'll echo the poster above who said that I've seen better art and designs on DA. Then again, the fan-made plushes are better than the official ones you see in stores, so maybe that isn't much of a surprise.

Honey, the EG forum is wrong. They were never meant to be made human. Theu are ANTHROPOMORPHIC. In otherwords, bipedal ponies. EG is being made by a mixture.of Lauren Faust and the creators of Monster High. Enough moaning about the tails and colors. They are still PONIES they just walk on two legs. Edited by MyShiningArmor