Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

The movie I most recently watched was District 9. I first saw it several years ago when I was around 14 or 15 years old, and I didn't truly appreciate it at the time. The strong violence in the movie was also a bit too much for me to process effectively back then, so I wasn't really able to get past that and appreciate the movie.

I now understand the movie at a much deeper level. It's one of the most masterful and unique science fiction films I have ever watched. Interestingly, for me at least its science fiction elements are largely secondary to the substantial social commentary that takes place in this movie.

It's pretty much an allegory for various social issues, both past and present, such as apartheid, the Holocaust, racism and bigotry in general, prejudice, fear, organized crime, militarization, weaponization, and so on.

• Brohoof 1

The last movie i watched was called "Divergent" and it is probably one of my favourite movies i have watched in a while. The plot was really good and it was written really well. Although i think the ending was poorly executed.

I give the movie a 9/10

Just watched Expendables 3. So much testosterone and steroids. But badass overall.

Well now........and i was about to go watch it later today.

Anyhow, watched Iron Man 3

Sansho the Bailiff

A fairly entertaining "social issue" drama, but it's one-dimensional in its moralizing and isn't as aesthetically sublime as Mizoguchi's earlier Ugetsu. Kind of a letdown.

6/10

Edited by Rudes

The Prince of Egypt.  I loved it as a kid, and love it even more now.  One thing I did not appreciate enough as a kid is that holy wow the characters are all actually BROWN.  Thank you Dreamworks for not making them white and vaguely english like everyone else does.

Mel Brooks presents Robin Hood: Men in Tights.

"You've got to be a man to wear tights, that's for sure." -Little Jhon

"We may look like sissies. But watch what you say or else we'll put out your lights!"

"La, la la la la la la la, la la la la la la, la la la la la, la la la la la la la!"  :lol:

I seen The Congress yesterday. It was unbalanced to say the least  >_>

The first half was quite good, a nice enough little sci-fi idea with some very good performances and a decent message to it...even if it did seem that it was a bit of self aggrandizing by Robin Wright at times. The second half was animated, and the animation was really good, there were a lot of cool visuals going on, but the story really just got completely lost and any commentary or message the movie had up until that point totally disappeared and became a real mess.