Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which of The mane 6 has had the saddest or hardest childhood?

A Talking Dragon

At least those two things are far apart from Twilight and her friends. It would be unreasonable to suggest that there are two more members of the Apple family living at Sweet Apple Acres for that entire time that we just hadn't seen yet.

But the show never says they were living at sweet apple acres they could live somewhere else and if we want to into the fact that we've never seen her parents I guess that both Fluttershy's and RD's parents are dead because we never saw them so if you want to look into it you can because if you're saying just because we have never seen them in the show that means both Fluttershy's and RD's parents are dead also

i am going to go with Applejack or fluttershy mainly because there is a great big question mark regarding their parents but i think flutters would have been bullied quite a lot more than has been shown in the show which may be why she's an introvert. As for AJ I don't think she would've had an easy time like Apple bloom since she'd probably have started the chores on the farm quite young hence why she is the main worker of SAA. But then she has Big Mac as her brother so maybe it wouldn't have been so bad :S i just dunno :P

If AJ's parents are dead just because we haven't seen them in the show then so are RD's and Fluttershy's

It's different, Applejack still lives with her family, but we have never seen her parents, which is very strange.

However Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy don't live with their family anymore, so we can't suppose anything.

Edited by Blobulle

• 1 year later...

I read the Rarity and Babs Friends Forever comic, and according to that comic, Rarity's childhood was sad. 

Her parents didn't understand her, and she was a lonely filly who made dresses for her dolls. In the actual show, it seemed like her self esteem and self confidence were low. It could possible be due to her feeling like her parents didn't approve of her interests. I think the flashback of the cutie mark chronicals was when she finally accepted that it didn't matter what her parents thought. I think what was holding her back from getting her cutie mark was her doubts. (That's purely headcanon, though.)

I would have to go with Pinkie Pie for being miserable for a long period of time working on the rock farm and Fluttershy for being extremely shy, not having much friends, being a weak flyer, and being bullied a lot.

• Brohoof 1

I would classify them, from worst childhood to best childhood, like that (Before they got their cutie mark, of course) :

Applejack - Pinkie Pie - Rarity - Fluttershy - Rainbow Dash - Twilight

Applejack : Her parents died when she was very young, and she was raised by her grandmother. I'm not sure this was such an happy childhood.

Pinkie Pie : She had a gloomy family and did a tiring and boring job.

Rarity : Probably had very strict parents and rules.

Fluttershy : Okay, she couldn't fly very well, but at least she could fly. The bad thing is the bullies.

Rainbow Dash : Same as Fluttershy, except she could fly better and maybe was less affected by the bullies.

Twilight : Maybe she had no friends, but she had quite a loving family and good life conditions.

• 7 years later...
  1. Applejack, her parents died when she was very young
  2. Fluttershy, had no other friends besides Rainbow Dash and was bullied
  3. Rainbow Dash, same with Fluttershy
  4. Pinkie Pie, had a very gloomy family
  5. Twilight Sparkle, had no friends besides her brother
  6. Rarity, I can't think of anything

Honestly, pre-rainboom, Rarity and RD had fine childhoods. Yes Rainbowdash's only friend was Fluttershy, but Rainbowdash actually talked to people.

As for the other 4, it's kinda hard.

Fluttershy had Rainbowdash as her only friend, and was often teased for her inability to fly

Pinkie grew up on a Rock farm which would give anyone depression after a long enough amount of time

Twilight's only friends were her brother and Cadence

And Applejack probably had the worst, since her parents died when she was like 9. And that probably brought on a LOT of sadness.

• Brohoof 1

To put my answer briefly, Applejack. Not only did she also have to do a lot of work as a kid like Pinkie Pie (even if she liked the work), but her parents also died when she was still a kid. That'd definitely put a toll on a child. I'd also assume she had to help raise Apple Bloom to some extent, which also causes issues.

54 minutes ago, XxR3ckl3ss said:

To put my answer briefly, Applejack. Not only did she also have to do a lot of work as a kid like Pinkie Pie (even if she liked the work), but her parents also died when she was still a kid. That'd definitely put a toll on a child. I'd also assume she had to help raise Apple Bloom to some extent, which also causes issues.

You know the last sentence makes realize that this why AB and AJ had not just a sister-sister relationship, but I always felt like there may have been a mother-daughter like relationship in there.

• Brohoof 1