Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

web Any bronies fans of AVGN/NC or any other youtube reviewers

TheMarkz0ne

(edited)

I watch both the AVGN and NC, and have done so since long before I was ever a brony. Long before there were the ponies we know and love today. I was there when their "fued" was just getting started. I love watching both of their videos,as one covers video games, and the other covers movies. So I have the proper spectrum between the two of them. I just wish AVGN would put out more videos, but he has been super busy with his movie from what I understand. I don't particularly like the Mike videos that he posts every so often, but I guess they are okay to watch if I have nothing else. The quality of the NC videos have ramped up since his return and I look forward to seeing more from him, as he is the main reason I visit the TGWTG website. That being said also watch:

TheSpoonyOne

AngryJoeShow

Penguinz0 (Critical)

Two Best Friends Play

PeanutButterGamer

JonTron

and a few others.

I like all these other reviewers for one reason or another. TheSpoonyOnes Final Fantasy reviews are funny as is his Swat 4 ones. AngryJoeShow is always entertaining. The one I remember most fondly is his Sonic Free Riders one. Penguiz0 is a really funny youtuber, but probably because of just how he talks. He makes constant references that some might consider crude, but I still like watching his videos if anything for the spirit he imparts. Two Best Friends play, seriously watch their Machinima play of Man vs Wild. It's hilarious. I hope one day they will do a Best Sisters Play of that specific video ( some folks animated Celestia and Luna to a few of their other videos). I like PGB and Jontron for pretty much the same reason. Their unexpected form of humor in their videos. It's hard to describe, but their dialogue is very..."relatable" in other words they don't really have a prominent structure in how they talk, but they seem to talk how most would, not to mention the random stuff they do from time to time in their videos. So yeah there are plenty of good Youtubers out there, but always keep an open mind and you might find some gems.

Edited by Waifles

I watch JonTron, but he's heavily slowing down due to Game Grumps. I watched one episode of AVGN, but it just didn't catch my interest.

I also watch joshscorcher. He's such an awesome guy.

I feel the same about AVGN, I've watched several of his episodes and I rarely laugh, even one that was supposed to be really good (the R.O.B one) was unfunny with a cringe-inducing ending. Same goes for NC really, I honestly don't see why these guys are so popular.

I love Doug Walker but recently his material has been slightly lacking. Demo Reel practically almost killed the site and he still insists on using the whole "long, drawn-out skit" formula for his newer reviews to try and change pace when really it just gets annoying. I love the actor who has the role of the Devil though, along with the girl who plays his Pegasister daughter. I think they create a nice chemistry with the Critic himself, but as far as other portrayals go (such as Santa Christ, the Catwomen, the whole Michael Bay skit in the Pearl Harbor review), I think they are a waste of time. Other sections like Bum Reviews or Ask ThatGuy are still GREAT though. Aside from Doug, I don't really watch any other TGWTG commentators, aside from AngryJoe and Linkara.

As for James Rolfe, his classic AVGN reviews were really funny because they were the first to define a generation of funny Youtube reviews (when people didn't know that he purposefully died in the games on purpose or the fact that he was simply getting mad over a game that nobody gives a shit about) but the formula has been getting very dated. However, I did like his Atari Sports review that came out a few weeks ago.

I rather like the AVGN and now that I think about it, I've been watching that series for quite a while. I also like the Nostalgia Critic (despite not liking the new non-review segments) and Atop the Fourth Wall.

As for actual YouTube reviewers (people who actually post their reviews on YouTube themselves straight away), I really like Ashens.

(edited)

I feel the same about AVGN, I've watched several of his episodes and I rarely laugh, even one that was supposed to be really good (the R.O.B one) was unfunny with a cringe-inducing ending. Same goes for NC really, I honestly don't see why these guys are so popular.

The AVGN has to be constructive, and talk about the game. He is also trying not to repeat himself too often. Like many people with MLP, they like the passion and the effort as well as the the ability to make you smile.

The NC is actually really good with the return of the NC, I break out laughing at most of the new ones. Again, passion and such.

Edited by Flamegeyser

The AVGN has to be constructive, and talk about the game. He is also trying not to repeat himself too often. Like many people with MLP, they like the passion and the effort as well as the the ability to make you smile.

The NC is actually really good with the return of the NC, I break out laughing at most of the new ones. Again, passion and such.

Ah, ya, I forgot they actual review stuff and aren't just there to be funny, but that was why I watched them I think, I wanted to see humorous reviews of bad movies/games. And I think I disagree about the new NC, if anything I think I liked the old one better, I laugh occasionally at his latest vids, but they just aren't very funny to me. The skits in his Catwoman review were overly long and boring, there was too much of them overall I think. I don't recall them bothering me, tho, in the cat in the hat review, I think the difference is that the skits in that one were never too long, the skits in the cat woman one were like a distraction to the actual review, and just aren't funny enough IMO to justify it.

*coughcough*

Oh gosh this is going to be kind of embarrassing.

Yes, I am an enormous fan of Nostalgia Critic. Not so much of AVGN. But I've listened to every NC episode ever uploaded on his blip account, and I listen to him while I color linearts. ^////////^ Call him a guilty pleasure. Thank goodness I have headphones, otherwise my mother would explode twice if she heard his language...

Ah, ya, I forgot they actual review stuff and aren't just there to be funny, but that was why I watched them I think, I wanted to see humorous reviews of bad movies/games. And I think I disagree about the new NC, if anything I think I liked the old one better, I laugh occasionally at his latest vids, but they just aren't very funny to me. The skits in his Catwoman review were overly long and boring, there was too much of them overall I think. I don't recall them bothering me, tho, in the cat in the hat review, I think the difference is that the skits in that one were never too long, the skits in the cat woman one were like a distraction to the actual review, and just aren't funny enough IMO to justify it.

Well I still agree on the passion part. Doug Walker himself said that. T'would seem we have different senses of humor. Oh well, I respect yours.

I started out a AVGN fan back around 5 years ago, and found him downright hilarious. I started switching over to the NC because his humor isn't all just vulgarity, to a point, and his jokes seemed a bit more thought out.

Nevertheless, I still love both of em.

(edited)

Started off watching AVGN and from him found out about NC.

From there I started watching a lot of the cast from TGWTG including Spoony.

Then from there I found the guys from the now defunct Normal Boots.

Edited by GrooveBroove
  • Brohoof 1

On 5/12/2013 at 1:00 AM, Lady Rainicorn said:

Yeah I love both of them. Their reviews are oddly informative, witty and most importantly entertaining. I also like some other reviewers on YouTube as well like DMJared ,but they are among my top 5

Hell yes, i was waiting for someone to say something about ProJared, i seriously love that guy, he's one of the best youtubers/reviewers i have seen.

• Brohoof 1

I'm a big fan of both the Angry video game Nerd and the Nostalgia Critic. I also like a few other Youtubers like the Annoying Orange, Forrestfire101, and Spastikchuwawa.

So, anyone see NC's newest episode yet? It seemed like kind of a neat idea that he would try and point out the flaws of a very hyped and nostalgic movie instead of going with the usual really bad movies. The actual material was kind of....meh, though.

On an unrelated note, you can't use an adblocker on tgwtg's site anymore and holy hell were those ads intrusive sleep.png

• 1 year later...

Big fan of both, but AVGN is now old, and the only thing big i'm expecting from him is his movie, but even his old videos are still hilarious.

NC is on a lower level, since AVGN picks on worse things and NC mostly over-analyses and sometimes under-analyses everything.

I like them, and Spoony and Linkara. I don't have any friends where I live so I turn them on and pretend that I have a friend over.

I do not plan to see the AVGN movie. I think the plot is dumb, with the alien and the military. It has nothing to do with games. And, no, the ET game is not enough to justify that plot line. 

I like AVGN lots

The reason I got into it in the first place was because people told me that I share his...eccentric vocabulary.

So I looked him up UN curiosity and liked what I saw.

I also really enjoy the Your Movie Sucks guy alot.

His deadpan delivery and excessive nitpicking are great

He's also a brony, so there's that, if that's a deciding factor for you

Edited by Dattebayo

Huuuuuge fan of the Nostalgia Critic!

Doug is not only a great comedian, he brings up such good points on art and film. 

-Don't treat your audience like morons

-Art made with passion to the idea is always better than when it's a device to something else.

And being a religious man myself, Doug's occasional forays into theological humor or discussion are a treat for me. He's even a fellow Catholic!

If I ever met the guy, it would be an honor to shake his hand.

Ironically, the first YouTubers I followed was the Irate Gamer. XD He's still around, just not like he used to be.

But yeah, I'm a BIG fan of AVGN & Nostalgia Critic. Their stuff almost always makes me laugh.

I would also add Angry Joe, JonTron, Blunty3000, and various brony guys like Bronycurious, Digibrony, AntonyC, Silver Quill, KP, and FOBEquestria.

Ironically, the first YouTubers I followed was the Irate Gamer. XD He's still around, just not like he used to be.

But yeah, I'm a BIG fan of AVGN & Nostalgia Critic. Their stuff almost always makes me laugh.

I would also add Angry Joe, JonTron, Blunty3000, and various brony guys like Bronycurious, Digibrony, AntonyC, Silver Quill, KP, and FOBEquestria.

Yup, can't forget about Angry Joe.

I'm a huge fan of Spoony, Nostalgia Critic, and Chris Stuckmann. Especially Spoony and Stuckmann.
I lost interest in James Rolfe and his work some years ago, after his Nerd routine started to become old and tired.
Unfortunately, unlike Doug Walker, he never managed to reinvent the series. I wish him luck on his future efforts, though. 
So, I still enjoy Nostalgia Critic, very much so, it's just that it's not the same as it was back in 2007 when he was still starting out, fresh, and new.
Still, the Critic today is far more preferable to no Critic at all.

Edited by Derp My Life