Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Am I the only one who got slightly creeped out by Discord?

Dreadmallon

i would have done the exact same thing discord did when he was released from his prison

constantly find ways to mess with people's heads laughing at every little thing that i do but if someone used a weaponthat would surly stop me i would have got out of the way

basically i can't blame you discord was a little abstract if you know what i mean

• Brohoof 1

Discord was cool, and pretty intimidating considering what he actually is in a world full of cute ponies. I thought it was kind of annoying how he kept switching things around in Ponyville though.

• Brohoof 1

I was too amused by the fact that he was pretty much Q to be disturbed by his actions on that sort of level. I don't quite think he'd ever be interested in anypony that way. (Well, there's always the whole possibility of a romantic history between him and Celestia, but I'm not one who thinks much of that.)

• Brohoof 3

I for one LOVED Discord as a character and when I saw the first preview clip the fanboy in me rejoiced. Being the trekkie that I am, I was very pleased how similar he was to Q even down to the fact that he was voiced by John DeLancie.

Discord is my favorite character. Does that mean I'm a weirdo? :c

I would say not, friend. It doesn't make you wierd at all. :) Edited by Leatherneck
  • Brohoof 1

I liked his methods. Messing with people's heads is much better than maiming them :) I like to mess with people's heads and have a general liking of chaos. And eternal chaos comes with chocolate rain so I didn't really think he'd be so bad. And there'd probably be no taxes either.

I can see how he'd be a bit creepy though. Wonder how he'd appear in real life?

I found his character interesting mainly because of how random he was. The ability to rule the world and have a comedic approach to it is really something to be "proud" of. He had all the power in the world and what did he do? He made it rain, chocolate rain to be exact.

The voice acting was almost near perfect too. I'd love to see more of Discord in the future. Hes one of those characters that is just fun to watch because you never know what is next.

• Brohoof 2

No, didnt get creeped out, i think his arrogant, darkly humoristic and playful nature made for a very interesting villain. One alternative version had me rooting for Discord to see his mistakes and return from time to time, still doing his pranks in a non harmful way. Much like Q in Star Trek. But that was not to be.

I was too amused by the fact that he was pretty much Q to be disturbed by his actions on that sort of level. I don't quite think he'd ever be interested in anypony that way. (Well, there's always the whole possibility of a romantic history between him and Celestia, but I'm not one who thinks much of that.)

This sums up my thoughts perfectly. He was a pretty formidable villain, but I always viewed him as Q in Equestria. That's not to take away from the fact he was an interesting antagonist.

• Brohoof 1

When Discord's introductory scene ended. My reaction was something along the lines of . . . .

Data: "Ooooooh shit!" I don't normally like to curse, but nothing seemed to underscore my feelings better. Discord took me by surprise, he wasn't scary per se, but he was very unnerving. He actually is very much like his oft mentioned sci-fi counterpart Q, and THAT'S what makes him scary. Dragons, Cockatrices, Hydras, Diamond Dogs (trolls really) they all have rules or weaknesses like in legends or fables. Post-singularity creatures like the Q Continuum are so advanced that any "rules" that do apply to them, only they know about. After seeing the ponies beat conventional fantasy monsters, Discord almost seemed out of context.

The background music, his mask of amicability, his uncanny knowledge of the mane 6, Celestia close to panicking. Discord almost pranced around the ponies using the stain glassed windows for visual humor like we would use Powerpoint. With the echoing voice, it was less like Discord was where they were seeing him and more like the whole chamber had become his "presence" and he was using the windows as a courtesy to his "audience."

What did it for me was when Discord was just able to erase the ponie's wings and horns without even being there. I don't know why, but it disturbed me on a deep level. The Mane 6 don't "fight" in the conventional sense, they overcome their enemies either by compromise, outsmarting them, or with raw magic. Discord had no intention of stopping, he was deviously cunning, and was powerful enough to simply take night and day away from Luna and Celestia. He subjected the Mane 6 to a game for the hell of it and they were completely at his mercy for the duration, separating and breaking them one by one. The scariest part? He was just PLAYING with them! He could have stopped the biggest threat to him from the beginning as he did with Fluttershy. Never have I seen the heroes of a story try to resist a villain that so utterly "beyond" themselves.

So yeah . . . me too.

• Brohoof 2

I take mild offence to this topic.

I see where you're coming from, but I disagree with it.

I found Discord an interesting character and antagonist. And would love for him to return sometime.