Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New theme song for season 3?

Akemi Homura

So, season 2 is about halfway finished and the season will probably end somewhere near mid-April, if my calculations are correct. Anyways, I like the current theme, but what about you guys? Do you think they'll make a new theme song for season 3? Or just use the current one? Personally, I think we can trust the developers to make a new theme song for season 3 and present it very effectively since almost everyone can give the show an A+ for presentation.

The current theme is pretty good as it is; the only thing which might need updating is, as Colton mentioned, the opening video.

Mystery Science Theater 3000 effectively kept the same theme song for close to ten years, and it conveyed the vibe of the show; The Simpsons hasn't seen an alteration in its theme song since time immemorial. If something works, don't change it!

• Brohoof 2

they could change it or they could keep it. I dont think the song is that good really. The Simpsons theme has its own personality and is a pop culture classic, but I dont think the My Little Pony Represents the show that well; besides for the first few seconds it really lacks a strong melody, it's really not an easy song to sing along to and it simply isnt memorable. It isnt catchy at all. I really wouldnt mind if they just went and did a better theme, keeping the first part, of course

I love how the Season 2 theme song makes it distinct from Season 1, and I hope that this trend continues. At very least, change the visuals a bit between Seasons 2 and 3.

New theme song with tons of epic guitar riffs, power chords, and wicked percussion. My Little Pony: Friendship is !@#$ing Metal

It still has to be aimed at the young female target demographic...

• Brohoof 1

They will surprise everypony, and the Season 3 music will be a hardcore thrash metal remix of the theme song, accompanied by visuals of the Mane 6 fighting of hordes of demons.

Realistically, I reckon the music will just be the same again, but remixed further. It only makes sense, right? An extended version would be nice, but that would mean shorter episodes. :(

• Brohoof 1

The current theme is fine enough, but I wouldn't mind it if they went with something new. Mainly so I wouldn't feel so embarrassed whenever it first starts. "My little pony, my little pony..."

What about something anime-ish, with shots of each pony runny aimlessly while playing a song about hopes and dreams? :P

But for serial, the current theme would probably work best but with updated visuals.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not sure if a whole new song is necessary. This theme song has been with the franchise for a while and I'm pretty sure that Hasbro will want to stick with it.

What I would like them to do however is use new clips for the intro. I know I was a bit disappointed when I saw that they re-used the same clips as season 1 when season 2 first aired.

I'm not sure if a whole new song is necessary. This theme song has been with the franchise for a while and I'm pretty sure that Hasbro will want to stick with it.

What I would like them to do however is use new clips for the intro. I know I was a bit disappointed when I saw that they re-used the same clips as season 1 when season 2 first aired.

They could pull a Pokemon and stick in a new episode for the next season... which means newer clips. Though, I'm fine and dandy if they stick to the current song. It does need to have new visuals, though.

The current theme is fine enough, but I wouldn't mind it if they went with something new. Mainly so I wouldn't feel so embarrassed whenever it first starts. "My little pony, my little pony..."

Wow, and I though it was only me!
  • Brohoof 1

they could change it or they could keep it. I dont think the song is that good really. The Simpsons theme has its own personality and is a pop culture classic, but I dont think the My Little Pony Represents the show that well; besides for the first few seconds it really lacks a strong melody, it's really not an easy song to sing along to and it simply isnt memorable. It isnt catchy at all. I really wouldnt mind if they just went and did a better theme, keeping the first part, of course

are you serious? my little pony is extremely singable AND catchy! :D

Also...RippedOffMatress that was hilarious!

Edited by glitterlicious
  • Brohoof 1