Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Drew pony in MSpaint again... What's off?

D1SC0RD

(edited)

Allrighty! So again, I drew my ponysona. Last time, I asked you guys to name her and I went with Chordata (bio people with get it img-1477628-1-wink.png ). This time, I come to you because something is wrong and I can't quite tell what it is. I think it's the front legs...or maybe the head... I'm not sure.

Can anybody place their finger on it?

Before

post-674-0-75517500-1368923456_thumb.png

After referencing a bit and taking what you said into consideration

post-674-0-76788300-1368991552_thumb.png

Edit: Fixed it up a bit. Anything else?

Edited by D1SC0RD
  • Brohoof 14

Being my picky, overly-critical self, I can see a couple things you could be talking about.

As for the head, the right eye is bit flat and should curve just a little more. And the ear suffers a bit from the same thing. It's a bit too long and flat (outer edge). 

And I'm not quite sure, but I think the front hooves are off a smidgen as well (right seems a little thin at the start, not quite sure though).

Other than that, nice work~

• Brohoof 1

Wow... If you REALLY want to know what's wrong about this Ponysona, it's simply the fact she doesn't have panties and/or socks

I can't tell I whether it's her eyes that may have been misshapen or, if she's trying to smile, her teeth are missing? :V

Wow... If you REALLY want to know what's wrong about this Ponysona, it's simply the fact she doesn't have panties and/or socks

I can't tell I whether it's her eyes that may have been misshapen or, if she's trying to smile, her teeth are missing? :V

Hehe, actually she wasnt supposed to be smiling with teeth... If you think it will look better then I will try it out. Thanks for your input, and same to Lugia too!

(edited)

Everyone else has covered what looks out of place for your pony except one thing I noticed. If I was going to point out one flaw that just grabbed my attention more than anything, it's her right eyes Iris. It seems a bit thicker than it should be thus giving off a sense of being slightly deformed.

My suggestion would be to simply trim her iris to where it's a more uniform size to her pupil. 

Good job overall my friend, keep it up! wink.png

Edited by Accellerant
  • Brohoof 1

Overall, she looks very nice and the errors have already been stated above, so I can't say anything.

So, keep on practicing and you'll get better in no time.

Ok guise! I touched up some of the things you mentioned. Noticed something painfully off about the eyes--the highlights! Boy, how did I miss that? Hehehe.

Anyway, a 2nd analysis would be great! Anything else I can fix?

in......... ms paint!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? holy crud!!! thats crazy good, thats amazing even if it wasn't made in paint 0.0 anyways i cant see anything thats off about it 

You're good to go now D1SC0RD, I really don't see anything else you could fix. You could make the lines less jagged, but that's an MSpaint issue I'm guessing, not something you can really control.

Now's the time to move onto your next doodle wink.png

• Brohoof 1

You're good to go now D1SC0RD, I really don't see anything else you could fix. You could make the lines less jagged, but that's an MSpaint issue I'm guessing, not something you can really control.

Now's the time to move onto your next doodle wink.png

Yeah, the pixely look is... not ideal. Paint issue indeed (though if you mean gross curves, that'd be due to me drawing with a mouse). Would you happen to know any other programs to try out?

• Brohoof 1

For drawing with a mouse, your curves are quite superb! As for other programs, you can try out Gimp, Photoshop, SAI, Open Canvas, there's quite a selection available on the net. If you want free from the distributor, GIMP and Open Canvas v1.1 are available (Note: I haven't used either of these, but am aware of them.) SAI and Photoshop on the other hand (along with newer versions of Open Canvas) have trials and require dosh to fully unlock. There are of course alternative methods in which you can acquire things like Photoshop though, like through friends. 

I myself am currently using SAI with a hint of Photoshop when it's required. I'm planning on giving Open Canvas a try because it reminds me of SAI on the surface. 

• Brohoof 1

Ohai Jenna

Very nice :)

I can't really see anything wrong, although that's just me. The second one looks a little better than the first.

Ohai Jenna

Very nice smile.png

I can't really see anything wrong, although that's just me. The second one looks a little better than the first.

Hay ash

The second is better because that's the one I fixed! Minor improvements make quite the impact! Glad to receive your stamp of approval :)

Oh wow... This was done in Microsoft Paint? Seriously, colour me impressed! The second version really took care of the only real problems I could spot (the eye details). Overall though, I really like it!