Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dealing with Haters

j.rainbow.dash

On the internet I deal with haters by means of counter-trolling. They hate seeing show stuff and its members on the internet I just increase their suffering with an influx of more. Ticks them off like crazy but as I don't care about their insults, I find it funny. Let's just clear up that I only flood haters with it after they try messing with me for no real reason.

I've never had a problem with haters myself. They don't anger me at all and if I ever encounter one, I just ignore them. For anyone else having problems dealing with haters though, I suggest watching this video. It goes into the psychology of why haters hate and gives some really good advice for dealing with them, and even, in some cases, making friends with them.

really...and this is my opinion...the only option is to ignore it. Letting them get to you is a fault in both the hater and the receiver of the hate,..It's tough to ignore sometimes I know but you just gotta let people be with their pathetic hate...don't give in because I think the people here are better than the haters

again just my opinion

Ignore.IGNORE! They fear you, for being different/weird. So they try to make you quit being the way you are.Humans fear things that are different, its human nature. Not for everyone, but most of the people. I, however, am a mentally messed up teenager, so if you would have a look inside my mind, im not that human at all. Damn i started mumbling bout´ myself again.

I treat all haters with the same respect, open-mindedness and kindness I display to everyone else.

Once I started taking that on look, I haven't had a single hater or bully (for anything!) in the past 3-4 years.

Well, aside from the odd troll here and there on the Internet, that in the end, have all admitted that I'm pretty cool.

Ace Attorney me: Use logic, wit, and bluffs to make them look like complete and total idiots hardly capable of higher thinking!

Pyro me: Set them on fire!

Pokemon trainer me: Use a MasterBall!

Zombie me: Eat their brains!

Whovian me: Lock them away in mirrors!

Schrodinger me: Schrodinger's Hater!

• 11 months later...
(edited)

What i do is pretty much embrace the fact that i am a brony rather than try to hide it. I feel it's better that everyone knows, so i tell them right off the bat. I think its easier to do it this way than for them to find out the really awkward way while you're in the middle of watching an episode and they come in and they are like "Uhhmm... what are you doing...?" So if someone hates on me in public or in private i just take it for what it is :) Nothing they say really ets me down because what i keep in mind is that you can always watch ponies, and theres nothing THEY can do to stop that :D

Edited by Flipturn
  • Brohoof 3

I've learned not to act embarrassed about what I like, because it only creates an invitation for people to tease me about it if they can see that I'm embarrassed. So I've promised myself that whenever someone asks me, "What are you watching?" or "What's that on your shirt?" I'll happily provide them with an explanation, and then they're more likely to respond with, "Oh...okay," and leave me alone if they still think I'm weird after that. :)

I just ignore haters but I don't really embrace the fact I'm a brony because it just draws unwanted attention to myself. I'd much rather tm stay quiet about it and keep it to myself.

I've found that either not responding at all, or even better, responding with excessive kindness to the point of being nauseating, is the way to go. Most of the haters I've encountered lose interest when I don't get angry or yell back at them. They're just looking for a fight, so when they don't get one, they move on.

I have a few brony haters but I told them im a brony and they were fine with it...just as long as im not a cloper other then that they are coll with me being a brony

I start talking to them personally to find out what it is they dislike. 99% of the time I actually succeed in making a decent conversation with them and I've changed their perspective on the whole of us.

...and here's some other tips and a well made video from Saberspark which is on-topic.

• Brohoof 1