Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do your parents know you're a brony?

defaultremix

Do your parents know your a brony?  

830 users have voted

1. 1. Do your parents know your a brony?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

I had to tell them eventually. But they're cool people.

My dad was like "Ponies? Really? :V" but after all, he doesn't care.

My mom started watching the show herself and got me these without me asking :v

post-29333-0-20641800-1411513910_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

They found out when I first tried buying the dvds. The first thing they asked was, "Are you turning gay on us?" Despite that slight hiccup, they don't seem to mind. they've even brought home a few mlp toys for me. Since they know I don't play with toys anymore, I think they intended it as a joke, but at least they don't openly object.

Edited by mysticalnight

They don't know I'm a 'Brony' because I'm not one. =P But they do, to some extent, know I like the show. However, they do not know about the bulk of the MLP merchandise I have bought because I'm afraid they'd be like "Why are you spending your money on this? You're supposed to be saving up to go back to school!" Not that I've bought that much, but still...

Edited by Envy

Eeyup, and my friends do too.

My family have to watch it when I put it on TV in the living room :lol:

Well... I am not really sure. I have not tried to hide it, but I live on my own most of the time. I suppose the facebook page named after a mane 6 pony and all the pony related content on it might have given it away, but they have never mentioned it, so I cannot be certain.

They sure as sugar do.  Even though I'm dipping into the 30s now I actually still live with them (my other nerdy friends of the same age live with theirs too, which makes me feel slightly less of a social taboo - housing prices in Northern England and all that) so it was inevitable.  Eventually as my collection grew it became kind of obvious  ;)

They're cool though, we treat each other as equals and they know I have the right to enjoy whatever as a grown man (so long as it's safe and legal) and they'll readily admit to being a bit nerdy and different themselves.  I think it sometimes worries them in case parents of young girls think there's something dodgy going on, which to be fair I worry about too - but no one has implied that so far and I'm quite careful about all that (as mentioned in the older bronies thread).  So far so fine.

Edited by Lakes Geek

Only my mother, and I liked what she said "mom, I watch a cartoon about magical ponies, whatcha think 'bout it?" "You can watch whatever you want, I'm fine with it" I don't want to tell to my father, he would annoy me with it xD

• 8 months later...

My mum knows, and even tried out an episode or two with me, but I'm not sure about my dad... I know he saw a drawing of Sweetie Belle I made before (which he liked :confused:) and he probably noticed at some point the MLP poster I have in my room, so... I guess he wouldn't mind if he knew I watched the show, but I haven't had any reason to tell him yet. :l

• Brohoof 1

The only people that know I'm a brony are my Mom, my brother, and 2 friends(One of them has moved back to America). My Dad doesn't know I'm a brony, and I'd like to keep it that way.

My parents and I don't share what we enjoy with each other much. I have room to myself and my parents are either in the living room or in their own rooms so I have the freedom to watch what I want without anyone else telling me otherwise. Though I think my mother knows that I still watch cartoons (other than MLP)

• 2 weeks later...

My parents don't know, neither do my real-life friends, so MLP Forums and the rest of the internet are the only ones who know :rarity:

However I do enjoy making hints about it to my friends, that's always good fun.

• Brohoof 1

They do now. Lol. I told my mom about going to BronyCon, and we actually were able to attend the first day. She kept telling me that everyone there was weird and that she didn't understand the appeal of it, but she accepts that I like it.

I haven't told them directly, but I'm not hiding it. I have one or two posters up and some of my computer wallpapers are pone related and I have a small figurine by my PC. My mom has never asked about it. She was probably creeped out at first but I think she doesn't care any more. My close friends know. They mostly found out from the pone related things I was doing online (Profile pictures, skins, quotes etc). I don't tell people directly, but I don't hide it.

Uuuuhhhh... IDK. Rainbow Rocks & MLP are dead-square right there on 'recently watched' in netflix. My mom was looking for TWD and my dad was looking for a comedy show (obv. at different times) and they both went right past it. There is no way in hell they missed that.

Plus my dad saw me playing Legends of Equestria back a while ago but I'm about sure he didn't recognize those were ponies lol.

Kinda wish they did know but honestly screwww thaat

Yeah :3

I have a lot of MLP related stuff now, purely because I downright told my parents I was a brony. They were perfectly fine with it all :P so no big deal for me, really.