Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your recent "WTF" moments in life

Thrashy

(edited)

We've all had those moments at some point. Those bizarre, messed up, sometimes outright insane moments that force us to stop, take a minute to register what just happened, and just make us go

img-1522257-1-3qja88.jpg

Allow me to start by sharing a few that happened to me over the weekend.

-Made a pit-stop at a trucker's station on my way to Sacramento. I wanted a snack, but literally every item in the vending machines required change, and I only had dollar bills. There was a machine in the wall that read "Change", and so I slipped a dollar in. When only one quarter dropped out, I was fuming, thinking it had cheated me out of 75 cents. But upon closer inspection, it turned out to be a Susan B. Anthony dollar. I'm still scratching my head over that one.

-This one's more cool than it is "WTF" worthy, but just as we were getting into Sac, one of my friends pointed out a "patch of rainbow" in the sky. I looked up and, sure enough, there was this small swirly patch of cloud in the sky, beaming off a swirl of colors. My initial reaction was "what on Earth am I looking at?" Inevitably, though, my mind drifted to ponies and I thought of Rainbow Dash...

-The worst one - and this is slightly NSFW, so be warned - happened when we were driving around looking for a Mickey D's to stop at. We took a wrong turn and ended up on the fringe of one of Sac's ghettos...which, as it was, had a bunch of whiteys like us shitting a ton of bricks. While driving down one of the streets, we had to stop for an older, hunched over black lady to cross. Her pink umbrella was the first thing to catch my eye. The second were her nipples, poking out over this putrid, orange-ish, frilly, lacey abomination of an outfit. After she'd passed, my friends and I just sat there for a minute, mouths agape. We then flipped a U-ey and made a bee-line towards the direction from whence we'd come.

What are some of your own WTF moments? Do tell. img-1522257-2-img-387689-1-5e7kmu.png

Edited by Lowline
  • Brohoof 14

just the other day i was hanging out by my community pool wit my friend nick. and he decided he'd f with me and throw all the chairs by the pool into the pool. and since he knew i couldnt leave them there i had to get them all out of the pool with he rescue line. and even when i got them out, when i was working on the next one he'd push the one i just got out in again

well tonight i was drawing on my tablet which has a zoom in feature for fine details. Right after i was done i started some on a note pad and instinctively tryed to zoom in, my brother noticed and it had himin stiches. 

• Brohoof 3

>About to post Dr Suess Quote I wrote in somebody's yearbook AND found on facebook

>Just as I'm about to update I get a noitification

>Reverie has posted a new status update

>"May as well see what it is.

>"Don't Cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

>MFW

wil-smith-serious-face.jpg

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Oh boy... I was at walmart with my mom a while back and she had asked this lady while we were in line a question she had no business asking. I always keep my thoughts to myself but my mom she is like a radio and voices her opinion all the time... This lady looked like if she was pregnant and my mom asked her when she was expecting.... The lady looked at my mom disgusted and said uh I am not pregnant... 

I looked at my mom and was just like 

pinkie_pie_double_facehoof_by_zachgamer7

It was very very awkward to say the least...

I love that pinkie picture :3

Edited by Gone ϟ Airbourne
  • Brohoof 9

One time when my dad and I came back from fishing in San Pedro, we went off an exit to get gas. I noticed the street was "Central Avenue" and I knew I was in ghetto L.A. I noticed prostitutes, homeless people yelling at walls and cars, and a drug dealerblink.png . So when we got to the gas station, we went inside to buy some snacks and there was bullet proof glass thick as the bank blocking the cashier. After that, I noticed a sign on top of the store that said "No littering, No loitering, and No drug dealing."huh.png  I was in awe of how ghetto this place was. It didn't make it any better that "Nuthin but a G Thang" by Snoop Dogg was playing in our car.

• Brohoof 2

well the other day i was walking in the city when like 5 homeless people surrounded me and right when i was thinking oh S*** i'm about to get jumped they started dancing and singing a song and then they told me they were just trying to make people happy.

• Brohoof 14

Alright, picture this:

I'm driving through my neighborhood at a leisurely 25 mph. All of a sudden, a man on a lawn mower whizzes past me going at least 40 and turns at the end of the street. I have yet to see that man or that lawnmower again.

Here's another:

I'm sitting at graduation, it's taking a long time, when out of the corner of my eye, I see what appears to be a medium-sized pine tree standing up. I turn to look, and it turned out to be a morbidly obese woman wearing a skin-tight tasseled green dress. 

Friday:

At work, bored. The song "Brick House" by The Commodores comes on the radio. As soon as that song comes on, a very large African-American woman wearing clothes that are much too small steps through the door. It took all I had not to laugh. 

Separate incident: 

Went out to do a vehicle inspection (I work at my state's equivalent of a DMV). What manner of vehicle do my eyes behold once I step out? The epitome of the hippie van. Freakin' flower powered 1971 VW bus. Which vehicle am I doing the inspection on? Of course, that one. Open up the door to check the odometer, what do I smell? Marijuana. 

• Brohoof 9

(edited)

Well I was shooting my archery bow about 2 weeks ago when I had such a moment. I basically have this 1'6" x 1'6" target that I have sitting on a plastic lawn chair. I use steel tipped arrows that are completely flush with the sides of the shaft. So I was shooting and one decided to go a little low and nailed the front lip of the chair. I heard a crack and thought the arrow was finished. Went up and much to my surprise,the arrow had gone clean through the chair and had made a perfectly round entry hole. The arrow had dive bombed into the ground and the feathered end hadn't gone through the hole, so the arrow was perfectly okay. I was quite taken aback.

Another instance happened while I was working. I was sitting in the back room of  my department on break when a fellow worker came back. He told me that I had to see something. I followed him and low and behold, someone had taken a dump on the floor in my department. I did a kind of a double take. I said something along the lines of "screw that, I'm on break" and someone else cleaned it up.

Oh just remembered. I was working one day doing carry outs, minding my own business when I noticed something quite strange. There was a growing light on top of one of the hills that borders my town. I was quite confused for about a minute and was like "What?". I realized that it was a fire and it slowly engulfed the entire hilltop and a few of the surrounding hilltops. Firefighters took care of it. Apparently was started by a cigarette.

Edited by Dark Moon
  • Brohoof 5

Well, I usually don't share this. . . But I was once asked by a guy on youtube, who's a subscriber of mine, and not a friend of mine, who asked. . .

Back in Fall 2012:

"Hey Carbon, I know this is a very strange of me to ask of you. But you see, I need some advice on girls. There's this amazingly hot girl in my biology class, and I really like her. Now I don't know if she likes me back, but I want to know if she likes me. I don't want to be upfront about it, because then we would have an awkward rest of the year, so what are your tips on girls? And if she likes me, how should I 'work things out' with her? I never had a girlfriend before and it would be nice if you had any tips for me."

As a fellow youtuber and a producer for such services, I actually answered this question.

Now the truth about girls, explained to guys. If there isn't a hint that she is interested in you, she isn't interested in you. I mean, the wishful thinking that I see a lot of guys have just doesn't really work. Don't come onto her too quickly, unless she is coming onto you first, which that constitutes a smaller portion of relationships. And I want to stress this enough, you should probably treat girls in general like you treat your sister, which means don't come hitting on her, unless that's your thing, and then that's really messed up.

That's essentially what I said to a youtuber who's unsure how to read girls. I think back now and I'm like, "I lived through high school for this?"

• Brohoof 5

Attack on Titan, episode 5. Most awkward plot twist in the history of anime. I've seen a lot of plot twists in the past, but this one just was... Awkward. And it decreased my Faith in Humanity, too.

• Brohoof 1

Oh, but I think the worst moments are walking in on your mother who's getting frisky. At under age 10 too. Oh man, the things these kids never forget.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
Well I was shooting my archery bow about 2 weeks ago when I had such a moment. I basically have this 1'6" x 1'6" target that I have sitting on a plastic lawn chair. I use steel tipped arrows that are completely flush with the sides of the shaft. So I was shooting and one decided to go a little low and nailed the front lip of the chair. I heard a crack and thought the arrow was finished. Went up and much to my surprise,the arrow had gone clean through the chair and had made a perfectly round entry hole. The arrow had dive bombed into the ground and the feathered end hadn't gone through the hole, so the arrow was perfectly okay. I was quite taken aback.

Ha, that totally reminds me of one of my own WTF archery moments. For a target I use an old computer monitor box stuffed with Styrofoam, which I have propped up against the fence that separates my backyard from the public park on the other side. Well, one day I fired off my last arrow, totally missed the target and heard the *thunk* of it hitting the fence. I went over to retrieve it, but it wasn't stuck in the fence. It wasn't on the ground in front of the fence, either. I eventually scoured the entire backyard, but that arrow was as good as gone. My only conclusion is that it actually flew perfectly through one of the large termite holes and ended up going past the fence. Good thing I didn't hear any screams from the park on the other side... img-1522349-1-ohmy.png

Oh, but I think the worst moments are walking in on your mother who's getting frisky. At under age 10 too. Oh man, the things these kids never forget.

Oh, GAWD. blink.png

Edited by Lowline
  • Brohoof 1

Have any of you guys had that moment where you walk down to the 7-Eleven just down the street and when you get there it's gone? I have.

• Brohoof 5

Do dreams count?

2 nights ago I had a dream that I was working undercover for the CIA on a case. At one point I had to infiltrate a high school and find the guy we were tailing. I was about to confront the suspect in the lunch room only to have the whole school go on lock-down due to a hostage situation. The suspect was the leader of the cult and a kid I went to high school with, he was in the show choir, fantastic singer. The group of cultist, who believed that by sacrificing the people in the lunch periodically they would appease their god and save every on Earth, separated everyone into groups, except me. I was group 4, just me. I watched and listened as the groups before me were lead into to be burned in the ovens. When my time came I was taken to meet with the cult leader, he said I was destined for great things in the next life and that I would be a great leader. He had aged greatly, looked about 60. I told him this was ridiculous and he waved away his guards. We continued to talk and at one point I said 'sorry this isn't for me. I'm leaving' I left the room and began walk towards the exit. I was shot from behind 3 times. I saw a glare and then blacked out. When I woke up I was outside surrounded by people and news crews. 8 kids and me had made out alive some how. My phone rang the number was 000-000-0000 I answered said 'hello' and awoke from my dream.

This really freaked me out because it was so vivid.

if not then anything my brother says would work. He's one of those people that constantly asks questions and talks during a movie and then complains at the end when he didn't get it. For every movie. Even if he's seen it before.

The first time I heard Gundam Unicorn was still in the making. I ask my dad 'Hey dad, why're thy still making this show if it's one of who knows how many gundams?' (his own words) "Because it's the best bloody show in the making, son."

We watch the first episode and I was all

ohmy.png 'Whoa wtf.'

• Brohoof 2

I have so many stories from my freshman dorms that I will be able to put in here that it's not even funny (well, it is...that's why I'm gonna put them here). But I gotta sleep first.

Here's a teaser - They involve lab specimens, puke, and lots of other nasty stuff.

(edited)

at work today, me and a friend where talking about equestria girls (we work at a movie theater so we thought it would be ok) and i said, "you know if the manager hears this then he will call us weirdos" and about two hours later on our lunch break, here is the manager, "man, you guys are weirdos" it was a very strange WTF moment for the both of us....

Edited by the_jetfighter
  • Brohoof 3

Wow that must have been really awkward, I haven't ever walked in on my Mom doing that but she has walked in on me doing the old five knuckle shuffle once. And while we are still on the subject these neighbors I have sometimes well do the nasty and when they do they are quite loud and one time they were doing it at 3am and my Mom got really pissed and yelled "hey lady people are trying to sleep!" right out the window. The inner smart ass in me wanted to yell out the window "hey if you are going to put on a show than please pull down your curtains I want some picture to go with the sound" but I was too tired and lazy to get up and do it.

And a few years ago when I was at work on my lunch break I was doing a bit of people watching (the breakrooms have these windows where you can see downstairs) and I saw these two customers making out in the checkstands, which culminated in her smacking his butt. The look on the checkers face was hilarious, if I was her I would not have been able to stop laughing. And then there is this friend of mine who made this rather interesting joke recently. He said "do you suppose they call it Carl's Jr because Carl's Jr murdered Carl's Sr?" He has never told me a joke before or since that has made me laugh as long or hard as that one did.

• Brohoof 2

Here's one from just yesterday:

I have Animal Crossing: City Folk for the Wii. There's this dog character named Bones that I really like. So yesterday, I went to his house for a visit. His pink cradle was still there (I was still scratching my head over why that was there). He asked me to point out some furniture items he had that I liked.

First of all, there was his "kiddie chair". My mom and I were cracking up because when you sit in it, it makes what sounds like a farting noise. Then he said that that chair was his favorite and he gave it big hugs when he was alone...(think about that one :lol:)

Secondly, here's where it gets really strange. I pointed out his bed and he wanted to give it to me. (Um...) When I said no, he said he'd be happiest giving it to me. (?!) That alone is rather creepy, but if you put that thought and the fact that he has a baby cradle together...what is he trying to tell me? O_o

• Brohoof 2

Mine was quite normal:

I was sitting in my room playing Portal 2 on my Xbox. My dad walked in and wondered what I was doing. I responded back with, "Playing a game." He stared at me, walked out, and walked back in. He gave me Reese Cups and a Hershey Chocolate bar. He then proceeded to leave and go to work.

.-. 

• Brohoof 1

Professor: "And that's how you calculate *enter statistc-blah-blah-term*" 

Audience: "..."

Student A: "But that's not the same formula as on the transparency before. This one here says 'a*(b+c)'"

Student B: "Yeah and before-"

Professor: *Interrupts* "I'll scroll back... Here." *it says 'a+(b*c)'*

Student B "Yes and that's wrong."

Professor: "...no, it's the same thing. I... let's skip that it's right."

Me: "Dafuq."

• Brohoof 1

last christmas i went to seattle to visit my aunt and go skiiing. we went to this mall and i was waiting for my sister to get back from the washroom (just standing there not near the washrooms but in the food court) when i notice this sweaty,fat,glasses-wearing american mall cop, too stereotypical to be true, watching me and giving me dirty looks and talking on his radio. i shrugged it off as just me being paranoid but then later, we couldn't find my other sister so we decided to ask one of the mall cops - of course we asked THAT guy and as we are telling him how we are visiting from canada he laughs and says he remembers seeing me standing around and said "now that guy looks suspicious". i'm a typical white canadian and i was even dressed relatively smart for going to the mall. mall cops, sheesh.

• Brohoof 1