Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Thoughts on Twilight's friends becoming Alicorns?

Sugardashjack

If that happened, I'd still support the show, but I love the way things are. Enough people already complained about Twilight being an Alicorn, so having five more would be chaotic.

I would like to think that the storyline would encompass all the ponies dreams, not just Twilight's. Like rainbow becoming a wonderbolt or rarity becoming a world class designer.

This is also what I was thinking. I noticed that season 3 started to head in that general direction, and it would be nice if things worked that way. Though I'm hoping that if that happens, they don't go overboard with it and start separating the six from each other, since they'd all have something to do just about everyday.

• Brohoof 1

Hmm....I'm not sure. I'd be kinda weird seeing them all become Alicorns. I just don't see all of them as Alicorns. Rarity I could see as one but the rest...I just don't know. I see them each following their own dreams and their own path.One that doesn't involve them turning into Alicorns

• 2 weeks later...

I believe its possible, and to all the people saying that fluttershys talent is "caring for animals" yes, it is, her beauty mark shows that, but I believe that she would be made an alicorns, because of her kindness, or applejack because of her honesty, or rarity because of her genourosity, or pinky pie because she is "happy" basically because she makes everyone around her happy, or Rainbow Dash because of her loyalty. If you think about it, Twilight has been good at magic the whole time, but she'd just mastered the magic of friendship. Which ISN'T what her cutie mark is exactly, just like with the rest of the ponies. Either way, I will still love mlp, but I'm just stating how high the possibility is.

It's a nice thought, but I don't think it'd be a good idea if it did happen. I think the main reason Twilight was alicorn is because of more merchandise. Plus the show would just be pointless and weird if they were all running around with both wings and horns, there would be no plot anymore. Like I said it's nice to think about and maybe draw fan art over but it wouldn't suit the series at all unfortunately. Like hawkflame said; It makes no sense story wise, and what would farming and being kind have anything to do with being an alicorn? It's just a silly thought in all.

• 1 month later...

No just no, well I think it's illogical. I mean i personally think turning into an alicorn requires you being a unicorn. Because growning a horn is weird. also this pic will sum this up:

img-1545852-1-92077.jpg

you are aware candice was a peg first and not born with a horn ^ ~.

Um, it would take alot writing, and alot bs to get from point A to point....... M? so to speak.

Rarity being a unicorn herself I don't think has the ambition or focus to pull it off.

For flutter shy she'd have to constantly be put in situations where her friends needed her to rise to the ocassion.

That's possible ^^ specially say it twilight was absent.

They'd have to spin some fantastic B.S. for apple jack, maybe beyond my epic bs powers on how to pull that off lol.

Rainbow as a alicorn?  She already has her fantasy as a wonderbolt. 

Pinkie, well In a equstra dark enough that would need happiness,

it's possible where I could see her word being significant enough where it might make sense.

Yep. Sorta. I'm predicting a dream sequence where they all alicorn out. Maybe even in one of the first two episodes of Season 4 where Twilight has a series of nightmares as she worries herself into la-la-land over becoming a princess.

Not for real, and not permanent. Just Twilight going overboard as usually.

It's not a likely scenario, I feel. If anything, I think it'd be far more likely that Twilight would somehow find a way to give up her alicorn status at some point, whether it be out of refusal to cut short her time with her friends, collapsing under the the weight of the world that'll surely be placed upon her proverbial shoulders, or out of some sacrificial act to save her friends / all of Equestria. Hell, maybe Celestia could even do it for her - I could already imagine a scene where a dejected Twilight beseeches the princess to revert her to her original self, insisting that she's just not ready.

...Not that I'm particularly jonesing to see that scenario happen, either - after all, it'd kinda spit in the face of Faust's original intention of making Twi Celestia's successor. But IMO, it'd still be much preferable to the rest of the Mane 6 becoming alicorns. If the writers could think of a way to pull off alicornizing all of them and have it make some semblance of sense, then I wouldn't be vehemently opposed, but I still don't see it happening.

Obligatory disclaimer - this is all just speculation. Untwist those panties.

Maybe not alicorns...They can stay the same race,but maybe they can all be lady royals or something :P.They still are prominent characters,so lady royal seems fitting.They can help twilight.Oh,and for all of you who don't know,a lady royal is kind of like a vice president, or an assistant.

Twillight Sparkle as an alicorn has already caused the weakening of My Little Pony, i have seen less bronies lately. If those Hasbro did that same thing to all her friends, it would be a catastrophic event like Equestria Girls so that is where MLP fades aaway!

NO ALICORN PLEASE! 

246928__safe_twilight-sparkle_princess-c

Being a jerk here, I kinda hope Hasbro/DHX gets the balls to turn the rest of the mane6 into alicorns.  Just do it, get it over with, and throw caution into the wind.  It still irks me about the whole ascension thing, and I get the feeling Celestia used the rest of the mane6 as training manuals/fodder for Twilight.  With Twilight now the embodiement of their teachings, she could cast them off little problem if need be.  It's also howTwilight is being paraded around as a princess that irritates me, with the Hub's little commercial for the vote for pony thing saying "Vote for Twilight because she's a princess," and it made me wonder if Twilight is the only pony special enough amongst the mane6 that deserved the right to be ascended. 

They probably won't ascend the others since some ponies need to grovel at the hooves of others to make them elevated/royalty. 

Final thing I'll add is something I came across on Derpibooru where an individual took a look at McCarthy's words.  Though it's an attempt at trolling, it had an element of possible truth.  It asked/wondered if Twilight will outlive her friends physically, but she won't outlive their memories.  Since others say we miss interpret Meghan McCarthy's words, example being with Equestria Girls not being canon to MLPFIM, then I'll go with all bets being off. 

Heck, maybe we should have Twilight ascend beyond Celestia and become some kind of God pony that outshines her and rules over the entire planet. 

Edit: Had some time to think, and it got me curious about Discord.   Is Celestia preparing Twilight for her immortal life? Was Discord freed, Fluttershy reforming him, so Twilight doesn't go through what Princess Celestia did as the sun princess watched all those she came to love and care for die for over 1000 years while her sister was imprisoned.

Edited by Genepool

Nope. Some people do not understand that Twilight became an Alicorn because she MASTERED Friendship. I don't think the rest of the Mane 6 will become Alicorns.

Rainbow Dash: Mastering Racing?

Pinkie Pie: Mastering Happiness?

Fluttershy: Mastering Kindness?

Applejack: Mastering Hard Work?????

Rarity....?

All bets are off regarding the remaining five, but we know it's possible to become an alicorn, the question is will the others ascend to a level comparable to Twilight Sparkle? If they do become alicorns, there must be affable and superfluous build up and story structure that would justify the move, similar to Twilight Sparkle. There was enough hints that Twilight would become an alicorn princess, going back to season one, and the foreshadowing in season three also provided enough pay off, nevertheless if the other ponies become alicorn princesses, I will still support them and will remain a brony, some bronies will cry foul and leave the fandom. Remember why you became a fan of MLP - FiM, the lessons of love and tolerance; understanding and sympathy, there is nothing wrong with being reward for hard work and sacrifice, and nothing wrong with Hasbro trying to sell a product, I am not justifying their motives, I am saying we should have faith in each other as fans, as bronies, that no matter what the show has brought us together and debate or defend whether of not changes are needed, and if so what will satisfy all parties.

I hope not! Don't you think if they all become Alicorns, they will all most lose there individuality, and the friendship they have wont be as strong. (It might be a bit hard to see my point of view but I am not bothered to explain it all out.)

It does seem a bit logical that Hasbro will make this happen, but I still hope not.

Well, we already have one Alicorn.

Some ponies would love to become Alicorns, Rarity for exemple, but some wouldn't like Applejack. She couldn't work in her farm like before, and it would feel weird to have an alicorn in a earth pony family.

So no, bad idea.

Well, I can't see it being impossible, but it would be a huge mistake on Hasbro's behalf. I mean don't we have enough Alicorn Princesses as it is?

So, I think it is a very bad idea, but seeing what Hasbro has been up to lately, it could happen.

Guys, think about this: If Mane6 all become Alicorn, that means Pinkie Pie becomes an Alicorn... Pinkie Pie as an Alicorn... the world is doomed.

im not hearing a draw back.

if anything thats a reason for a bad guy, like discord to make it happen.  the goddess of chaos.  thats great

No, for three simple reasons. First: Becoming an alicorn requires mastery of a great magic, it is unlikely hat there will be 5 more greater magics for the rest of the mane 6 to master. Second: It took 3 seasons for twilight to master the magic of friendship. It would be new generation before there would be enough time for the rest of the six to develop some unique mastery. Third: If alicorns become too numerous, they become less special. Having the rest of the main characters become alicorns would render the station meaningless.

It is far more likely they will be given prominent status or some sort of honorarium for their role with the EoH, but they will not (hopefully) become alicorn princesses outside of fan art or fanfics.