Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Thoughts on Twilight's friends becoming Alicorns?

Sugardashjack

Well, I don't really think that the rest of the Mane 6 could possibly become alicorns. I only say this because they weren't Princess Celestia's students now were they? Nope, so how in all of equestrian could the rest of the Mane 6 become alicorns? They can't, and if Hasbro even dares to try that I shall do things unheard of through ponykind, so in conclusion, no...  ~Tri-Dart

post-17346-0-93523800-1372433092.jpg

I'ts not easy to really predict what they are going to do with the show. Its been tried before and usually isn't fruitful. But anyway, this is something I've thought about quite a few times before. There are a few problems with it:

• Not all of the main six have either a horn/wings
  • those that have wings already will require horns, which is a pretty big change as far as actual looks go
  • those that have neither will have to acquire both, which will effectively change their character quite drastically.
  • In order for this change to happen, Celestia has to make it happen. While you know she has a strong connection to Twilight, the same isn't exactly true for the rest of the mane six, whom she knows, but not on a personal level.
  • Adding to the above, they would have to prove themselves to celestia, meaning she would have to assign each of them a task they have to complete on their own.
  • Celestia doesn't yet have any incentive to make them Alicorns.

On that last note, you have to kind of wonder why Celestia made Twilight an alicorn. It wasn't just a kind gesture, she has a purpose behind it. 

My theory is that Alicorns are not immortal, and Celestia can feel her time coming to an end. As no other Alicorns exist that fit the bill of leader, she has to "create" her own. So this means either the very end of MLP will show celestia dying or something similar and Twilight taking over, or, a more reasonable prediction, the Mane6 take over, which does not necessarily mean they all have to be alicorns. 

There is a lot to consider here, and you have to remember that Twilight always stood out from the rest of the main six. She wasn't like them, she is better, you can't really argue it.

• Brohoof 2

only rarity could become an alicorn you have to be a uicorn to become an alicorn unless you are born an alicorn and also twilight represents all of them as the princess of friendship so if the main 6 would become allicorns it would not make sense and you also have to consider alicorns are immortal (they live forever)

I'ts not easy to really predict what they are going to do with the show. Its been tried before and usually isn't fruitful. But anyway, this is something I've thought about quite a few times before. There are a few problems with it:

• Not all of the main six have either a horn/wings
  • those that have wings already will require horns, which is a pretty big change as far as actual looks go
  • those that have neither will have to acquire both, which will effectively change their character quite drastically.
  • In order for this change to happen, Celestia has to make it happen. While you know she has a strong connection to Twilight, the same isn't exactly true for the rest of the mane six, whom she knows, but not on a personal level.
  • Adding to the above, they would have to prove themselves to celestia, meaning she would have to assign each of them a task they have to complete on their own.
  • Celestia doesn't yet have any incentive to make them Alicorns.

On that last note, you have to kind of wonder why Celestia made Twilight an alicorn. It wasn't just a kind gesture, she has a purpose behind it. 

Exactly.  The only purpose would be to bring some "balance" to the cast- which I would like to see restored, but not like this.  Character and story-wise, everyone else becoming alicorns makes no sense.

Twilight's friends all becoming Alicorns is ludicrous. It's way more befitting for Twilight to become an Alicorn compared to the other members of the Mane 6 because it makes a lot more sense. Twilight becoming an Alicorn represents the great strides she's made since she was that quiet little unicorn who only cared about learning from books. She went from being a recluse to a leader, and her princess title is a testament to how much she's grown as a character since the show began. Twilight becoming an Alicorn will also help her out tremendously with her new royal duties. Flying will definitely be useful, and I'm sure that becoming an Alicorn will make her magic even stronger than it was before. 

The other members of the Mane 6 who are focused on a goal such as Rainbow Dash wanting to become a Wonderbolt or Rarity wanting to open up her own shop in Canterlot don't need to become Alicorns whatsoever. Rainbow Dash doesn't need a magical horn for her duties as a member of the Wonderbolts, and Rarity doesn't need wings to improve her dressmaking abilities. It would be completely pointless for them to become Alicorns. You could say that the other Mane 6 members becoming Alicorns is a way to show how much they've grown just like Twilight (and they have), but I feel like that would be really redundant. Twilight's growth into a leader is what makes her the best pick for becoming an Alicorn, and although the other members of the Mane 6 have grown as well, it would make things really convoluted and cheap if they all became Alicorns also.

• Brohoof 2

I dont think so. I hope not. I dont want it! Look they way Twilight became an alicorn (at least to me) was completely legit, but the others becoming alicorns as well? NO THANK YOU!

• Brohoof 1

It is possible, but still seems rather ridiculous. I could see how it would work, one big baddy or Celestia and Luna fall from power and the mane 6 take over in their place. Still think it would be rather weird to have them casually be alicorns more suited for a finale to the entire series.

Well Dash has already done something the WonderBolts can't do, THE SONIC RAINBOOM!!! But I can't imagine them all as alicorns. Twilight's destiny was super special, and her element is the most powerful. The other mane 5's destinys are not that special, I mean Rarity is obviously gonna be a famous designer one day, and that kind of destination isn't something that deserves alicorn status. Just saying. I don't even know what special destiny Pinkie Pie would have. Maybe she will run her own bakery or party favors store one day. GO PINKIE!!!

I could go on a huge rant about how this upsets me. The mere thought of it makes me want to punch something, however I'll keep this short.

I don't think that they will. I certainly hope that it will never happpen.

It would be kinda odd, I mean Twilights been training under Celestia learning about magic and friendship and the magic of friendship for a long time. Shes finally mastered it and become an Alicorn basically, or I guess through creating a new type of magic(Some friendship and magic fusion thing idk.) which made her an Alicorn.

Plus the others mostly don't even posses magic, which seems required. Idk though.

I don't think they've done the study required yet I guess.

it would take the special part of it out anyways, and be kinda weird.

I am highly doubtful this will ever happen. Twilight was Celestia's student from the beginning. Then she was ordered by Celestia herself to learn the magic of friendship. Besides that, she pulled off an amazing feat in Magical Mystery Cure. She also mentions plenty of times Twilight is destined for great things, and that magic is the most important Element of Harmony. Of course, the other five are very important. I'm pretty sure Twilight will have them idolized in some way, probably.

Having the other mane six members becoming Alicorns would make no sense. Twilight did so because it was her destiny from the beginning. Only she could become a princess like that and the others have other purposes to fulfill.

I think it is far more likely that Shining Armour would become a Pegicorn before the rest of the main six. This will concur roughly when the last trumpet sounds and the Smooze oozes out from the pit X3

(edited)

Yes! Let's make everyone an Alicorn!

3tau0b.jpg

Okay, for real? No.

It... just no. Why make them an Alicorn? It would just not fit in the story of the Mane 6.

And not to mention that World War XII would ensue. mlp-dseriously.png

Edited by ReGen

twilight's cutie mark was a star.

celestia's cutie mark was a sun

luna's cutie mark was a moonohmy.png

It was twilight's destiny to be a princess. She will probably raise the stars. if the rest of the mane 6 become an alicorn, next thing you know apples and diamonds will be in the sky too  

• Brohoof 2

I'll be honest, I think that the other ponys just wouldnt fit to be an alicorn. Their personalities just don't go with it. The way they are is the way that it should stay.

Honestly I don't see that happening that all the mane 6 become alicorns. In my opininion there is a reason behind Twilight becoming an alicon that is going to come out durning season 4.

(edited)

I highly doubt it. All the alicorns use some kind of very important and powerful magic that sometimes can even control others, and they all need to be unicorns at first right? That instantly rules out AJ, Pinkie, Fluttershy and Rainbow. That leaves Rarity, but her magic isn't that powerful so I doubt that would happen plus having so many alicorns defeats the purpose of alicorns being a really special and exclusive honor right?

The only other pony that seems like she may have that kind of power is Sunset Shimmer I'm guessing...

Edited by weegeez
  • Brohoof 1

I believe that in the developer's viewpoint, progressing her other friends given wings/horns is a possibility. However, the fact that they would get wings/horns is just weird. I mean, not everyone is granted an alicorn status. If Equestria's government is an oligarchy or republic. It makes sense in a way. But because it seems to be a monarchy, It makes next to no sense. Unless every alicorn is practically Buddhas. Then it makes perfect sense, according to Bronycurious, (I think) alicorns are practically Buddhas. Which would rationalize how Twi's friends could become alicorns, when they perfect their element.

(edited)
You see, for starters, they're all in the Elements of Harmony (obviously). They have all already completed hard task.   You see, the way Twilight turned into a Alicorn was completeing a very difficult, hard task.   I can see the same thing happening to the other 5. Like for example, Rainbow Dash doing something not even the Wonderbolts could do.

Incorrect.

The way Twilight became an alicorn was by creating her own magic, not by accomplishing a hard task. I highly doubt Rainbow Dash pulling off a stunt would magically make her grow a horn.

I'm surprised Pinkie Pie isn't an alicorn yet, what with her magic of breaking the fourth wall, but I guess that's just Pinkie being Pinkie.

In short, no they will not. Unless Hasbro do something stupid that is.

Edited by Rai

(edited)

>looks through thread

>sees that nopony has posted it yet

YES NOW IS MY MOMENT TO SHINE

mG4ssgg.png

it had to be done

Seriously though, why would the other of the mane 6 become alicorns too? You can't just become an alicorn like that. Twilight Sparkle has gone through Celestias tests and she is a good student who has learnt many things in order to become one. Besides, she became an alicorn since she was chosen to be princess. The other ones can't be princesses too, and Celestia would have to make them alicorns if so..

Also, it would be kind of lame imo.

Edited by Jokuc