Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Thoughts on Twilight's friends becoming Alicorns?

Sugardashjack

Worst fanfic idea ever. Twilight got a pass for the episode being halfway decent but all six? That's just a bad fanfic. Bad fanfic writing has no place in any actual show.

No just no, well I think it's illogical. I mean i personally think turning into an alicorn requires you being a unicorn. Because growning a horn is weird. also this pic will sum this up:

img-1545852-1-92077.jpg

You do know that princess cadence was a pegasus pony before becoming an alicorn right? So in all realaty that only leaves earth ponies that haven't been shown to be able to turn in an alicorn 

I do not think they should become alicorns, however, I think Celestia has had enough and wishes to pass it over to Twilight or the Elements of Harmony. Would still prove for an interesting plot device.

I highly doubt all of them will become alicorns. While they all grasp the knowledge of friendship, none of them besides Twilight ever showed a huge interest in magic. It is very important to understand friendship to become an alicorn, but you need to be pretty skilled in magic to do it. 

If anything, I think there will be some point in a future episode where Twilight gives up her wings for her friends in some way unknown to us right now. 

Just my thoughts.

No just no, well I think it's illogical. I mean i personally think turning into an alicorn requires you being a unicorn. Because growning a horn is weird. also this pic will sum this up:

img-1545852-1-92077.jpg

you do know that cadence was a pegasus before she became a alicorn right? anypony can become one if they do sometime very hard and proves they are worth it as twilight did i do hope they all become one friendship forever!!!

(edited)

If the mane 6 all become alicorns, why not send everyone in ponyville through the magic mirror gateway in Equestria Girls? It would make sense to do something so negatively plot changing to go along with the Alicorn group. Twilight has always been the leader, but she's open to everyone else. Plus she's not any different as an Alicorn except that she can't sleep right with her wings getting in the way. The mane 6 becoming alicorns would make the show pointless. 

I highly doubt it. All the alicorns use some kind of very important and powerful magic that sometimes can even control others, and they all need to be unicorns at first right? That instantly rules out AJ, Pinkie, Fluttershy and Rainbow. That leaves Rarity, but her magic isn't that powerful so I doubt that would happen plus having so many alicorns defeats the purpose of alicorns being a really special and exclusive honor right?

The only other pony that seems like she may have that kind of power is Sunset Shimmer I'm guessing...

Cadence was a pegasus before she became an alicorn, so technically it doesn't rule them out completely. Sunset would fit into the image of an alicorn, but she obviously wouldn't want it.

Edited by Golden Everfree

I would like to think that the storyline would encompass all the ponies dreams, not just Twilight's. Like rainbow becoming a wonderbolt or rarity becoming a world class designer.

• Brohoof 2

I don't think any of Twilight's friends are princess material minus Rarity.

Applejack would want to continue working on the farm.

Rainbow Dash is a Wonderbolt first.

Fluttershy is too timid for all the attention and being a princess would distract them from animal work.

Pinkie Pie is too crazy. Giver her a horn and wings and it would be the end of the world.

Rarity would love being a princess. She could handle the responsibility of royal duty and would understand the implications of being an Alicorn. Plus she would start a lot of charities.

• Brohoof 2

I can't see the other five becoming Alicorns until the very, very, end of the series. 

However if this happened it would give the ending of the series very little credibility. The fact that the 

ponies are all different (pegasi, earth, unicorn, and alicorn) indicates that fiendship involves all kinds. 

I personally would've liked it if Alicorn Twilight didn't exist. I perfer the regular unicorn Twiligh myself. 

It would be intersting to see a gag episode where everyone in Ponyville got turned into Alicorns though. Like maybe a 

temperary spell or something. 

(edited)

Pssst! Guess what?

In Season 4

EVERYONE'S AN ALICORN!!

img-1631947-1-3tau0b.jpgYES

Yes, It's true. And it's shocking! Can you believe it? It ruins the WHOLE STORY PLOT!

img-1657654-1-mG4ssgg.png

Think about it. If you do, making them alicorns makes NO sense. I rest my case.

Edited by Golden Everfree
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

In the SDCC MLP:FIM Panel, They said rest of the mane 6 become Alicorn as a joke answered.  :muffins: But

They will be comic super-hero.

P.S. I don't have a clip  :( But Clips of S4 Suff (Not going to include an link)

Edited by Ace Headset

Can Hasbro sell more 'special editions' or such if the rest of the mane 6 become alicorns?

Yes!

That's basically all there is to it, Hasbro will see money in it, make the 'suggestion' and it will happen.

I hope not. Honestly, I was a lot happier when Celestia and Luna were the only alicorns. I didn't like Cadence. I sure didn't support Twilight Sparkle becoming an alicorn, but I can uneasily roll with the concept.

If they did then the current form of government could be replaced and all the Alicorns could form "The Mysterious Counsel of the Nine", or better yet "The Nine Divines"! Yay pony Elder Scrolls! :yay:

img-1545852-1-92077.jpg

/cough/ the incredibally terriblly boring princess of the crystal empire, Cadance, started as a pegasus. So yeah bro,just yeah~

Can Hasbro sell more 'special editions' or such if the rest of the mane 6 become alicorns?

Yes!

That's basically all there is to it, Hasbro will see money in it, make the 'suggestion' and it will happen.

Yup.  If Hasbro believes they could market a new lineup of core Mane6 alicorn figures, they'll go ahead with it and do it.

Also, I don't trust McCarthy's statement about Twilight not outliving her friends.  Hasbro has the final say in everything.  Twilight Outliving her friends, finding a new mane6, enabling the show to sell toys of a whole new group and continue the series, you bet your sweet flank Hasbro will make the call to do it.  Characters will get stale, all will be investigated, and they will change things up by having Twilight become immortal like Celestia.  They won't exactly replace Celestia since they want more princesses, but they'll push her to the side as Twilight assumes control over Equestria. 

Personally, i'm still waiting for the 53 alicorns McCarthy talked about.  Think they'll introduce Princess Island this season, or do a Mount Olympus style thing where only alicorns can go and we see a bunch of goddesses/alicorns/princesses throughout the years. 

no...No...NO...NO! 

I really hope that they don't, in my opnion twilight becoming a alicorn made me worry... but all mane 6 being alicorns... Nope Please Hasbro...no

If all of the ponies became alicorns, that would mean that every one of the ponies would be somewhat equal in abilities. There are two ponies of each type (Before Twilight became an Alicorn), and I just feel like that mantains the balance of things. I suppose being an alicorn is like having both powers and that would mean equality, but it just doesn't feel right. 

i think if all the mane 6 were to become alicorns the value of an alicorn itself would decrease, 

twilight is special, not only is she from canterlot but shes also Celestias pupil ergo she must have learned alot more than just magic maybe even perhaps politics and what not (note in the old days teaching someone is basically making them follow you around and listening to what you say or do that day) Logically Twilight was already being groomed as a princess and just needed that extra something to finish the job