Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Thoughts on Twilight's friends becoming Alicorns?

Sugardashjack

Hello, everypony.

Now I know this post is a bit similar to someone elses, but they said Twilight turning them into the Alicorns, not them completing a hard task to become one.

You see, for starters, they're all in the Elements of Harmony (obviously).

They have all already completed hard task.

You see, the way Twilight turned into a Alicorn was completeing a very difficult, hard task.

I can see the same thing happening to the other 5. Like for example, Rainbow Dash doing something not even the Wonderbolts could do.

And also, in one of the episodes where the Cutie Mark Crusaders wanted to know how the ponies got their Cutie Marks. At that moment, they found out they all got their Cutie Mark at the same time.

With Hasbro always wanting new toys on the market, I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

No just no, well I think it's illogical. I mean i personally think turning into an alicorn requires you being a unicorn. Because growning a horn is weird. also this pic will sum this up:

img-1545874-1-92077.jpg

Why does Pinkie Pie have Princess Luna's cutie mark? It looks like Rainbow Dash also has Princess Luna's cutie mark. Why is this?

Anyways, no I don't think her friends will or should become alicorns either.

Edited by LatinoChurro
  • Brohoof 2

No they won't especially not after the twilicorn controversy, Hasbro may have made a stupid move by making the writers make Twilight an alicorn alot sooner than she should have been and not give them enough time to properly flesh it out but even they aren't stupid enough to do that for all of them. At least with Twilight it makes sense for her to eventually become one and it is still thank Luna not too late to make that work but all of them being alicorns has Mary Sue written all over it.

• Brohoof 5

I'd say they at least become important figures, maybe not Princesses, but something a little lower than that. I'd bet on that being the series finale, seeing as how the rest of the mane 6 became Celestia's students after Lesson Zero.

Also, first post! Yay!

IT'S ABSOLUTELY POSSIBLE FOR A NON-UNICORN TO BECOME AN ALICORN! An official book states that Cadence was a pegasus before she became an alicorn. Do I think they will all become alicorns? No. Is it possible? Absolutely.

• Brohoof 15

Actually, I came to this thought myself, and it was because of a specific tweet from Meghan that Twilight would not outlive her friends. Most took this to simply mean she wasn't immortal like Celestia and Luna, but if all of the Mane6 achieved Alicornhood, that would also lead to the same conclusion of Twilight living just as long as them.

And then with the reveal that Cadence was a pegasus, that added more credence to my theory.

Am I saying that it is likely? Not really. Am I saying it would be a good idea? Don't honestly care, myself. Am I saying it's a possibility given all that we know? Ee-Yepmellow.png

• Brohoof 2

Hello, everypony.

Now I know this post is a bit similar to someone elses, but they said Twilight turning them into the Alicorns, not them completing a hard task to become one.

You see, for starters, they're all in the Elements of Harmony (obviously).

They have all already completed hard task.

You see, the way Twilight turned into a Alicorn was completeing a very difficult, hard task.

I can see the same thing happening to the other 5. Like for example, Rainbow Dash doing something not even the Wonderbolts could do.

And also, in one of the episodes where the Cutie Mark Crusaders wanted to know how the ponies got their Cutie Marks. At that moment, they found out they all got their Cutie Mark at the same time.

With Hasbro always wanting new toys on the market, I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

I have a feeling they are. I believe each season, there will be a new alicorn, and each main 6 memeber has to over come a shellfish trait of their interselves.

• Brohoof 1

I hope they won't make all of them alicorns, or if they do, they'll save it for the series finale. Twilight was definitely deserving of the alicorn status, but the others haven't been working with Celestia nearly as much. Remember, Celestia said at the end of The Crystal Empire, "We'll know she's that much closer to being ready" (or something very close to that, too lazy to find the exact quote at the moment XD). She. Twilight. Singluar. Yes, the other ponies do write letters to the princess, but she's not really a mentor to them like she is to Twilight.

However, it is certainly possible for them to become alicorns, and I will continue to love the show whether they all become alicorns or not.

• Brohoof 3

All bets are off to me.  I personally don't like the idea of Twilicorn, not to mention this concept of "ascension" where a pony can become a princess.  This concept makes me cringe, and it gives Hasbro WAY-TOO-MUCH power to turn whatever pony they want into a princess.  Also, concerning Twilight's ascension and the believability of the ascension of Cadence, Fluttershy should have ascended as well since she reformed Discord, to a certain extent.  The way they describe becoming a princess makes it sound like some great act causes them to ascend, which is kind what Fluttershy did to be honest.  She helped reform the Celestia dang god of chaos. 

Again, personally speaking, I think all notions are off at this point.  They could suddenly make the rest of the mane6 alicorns for the heck of it.  Though McCarthy's comment was probably in jest, i'm quite leary of her little comment about their being 53 alicorns.  Wouldn't surprise me if Hasbro demanded more Princesses and they have some event which turns every single mare/filly/female foal in Equestria into an alicorn.  Hasbro can have as many princesses as they want, and the writers fulfill a quota. 

I apologize in advance if my statement is rather antagonistic/spiteful, but I really do care about MLPFIM.  To see this show, maintaining a beautiful balance between product placement and kid+parent entertainment, degraded into just a simple show to push products is demeaning imho.

• Brohoof 2

No I honestly don't think they are gonna make the mane 6 alicorns?now that's just weird,because Twilight is the element of magic she is the princess,it wouldn't make sense if they all became alicorns :(

They would not make all of the Mane 6 alicorns because, then it wouldn't be something earned it would be something given. It would just wouldn't make any sense.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think the other mane 5 will become Alicorns because, turning Twilight into an alicorn took a lot of time an planning to pull it off, and they did it correctly and personaly I just think it will be to much trouble to and a bit of a time waster and for me it will slightly ruin the story for me, but this is all just my opinion and I have nothing against people who think other wise.

(edited)

I think a past gen has done this before....With this gen, I do not see it happening. Becoming an Alicorn Princess was Twilight's destiny. It actually makes sense with her. The other 5 don't really fit that same destiny, it just is not in their character, to me at least. Rainbow Dash for example, her destiny is clearly, to become a Wonderbolt someday or at least I would think it is, so, that does not fit into that equation. The others are the same way, with whatever their destiny might be.

Edited by Kyoshi
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

They would not make all of the Mane 6 alicorns because, then it wouldn't be something earned it would be something given. It would just wouldn't make any sense.

Something about this statement bothers me. Why don't the rest of the mane six also deserve to be alicorns? How have they not "earned it" while Twilight somehow has? Is it because of that silly "writing new magic" bologna that the writers threw in to justify her earning it? I don't understand how accidentally casting a broken spell and then fixing it earns you princesshood. The same logic used to justify twilight deserving her princesshood should apply to the rest of the mane six as well.... i feel they deserve it just as much as twilight did. They've all done their part saving equestria from numerous threats, and i feel they have each displayed all the elements of harmony to the same degree twilight has (the traits that a true princess is supposed to display)

I'm not saying that the rest of the mane six SHOULD be alicorns, any more than i think twilight should be an alicorn. People originally hated twilicorn for the same reasons they disapprove the idea of all mane six becoming alicorns, and now those same people have grown fond of twilicorn but still reject the idea making any of the other ponies alicorns. It just kinda bugs me, ya know?

Edited by crazitaco
  • Brohoof 2

While I'm sure I'll still love the show either way, I cannot even imagine the crazy storyline twists it would require to make all of them becoming alicorns even make sense. 

Will they? I strongly doubt it.  It makes absolutely no sense story wise, because none of their character arcs are in any way headed in that direction.  Rarity wants to be Equestria's best fashion designer.  Rainbow Dash wants to be a Wonderbolt.  And what does Alicornization have to do with caring for animals, or taking  care of the family farm?  Pinkie will definitely have fun with it, but for the rest it makes no sense and is only a distraction from what they are truly passionate about. 

• Brohoof 1

Considering that Rarity in Equastria Girls mentioned that

If she was a princess, she would wear her crown all the time.

. It makes me wonder if they are hinting to something like happening in the future. Maybe Celestia thinks she has ruled long enough and wants to pass the responsibilty to a new generation?

I have to hope they wouldn't make them all alicorns. Or well to better say that, make them all Princesses. They could easily make them all alicorns, what give ponies wings and the power to use magic, not going to change much. However, give them all princess status, that's a much bigger problem. There would be no reason for them to do it in the first place, unless they just want to sell more toys which would return the show back to it's roots, a show meant to sell toys, which I am pretty sure the writers do not want to happen.

So to put it bluntly, go ahead and give the mane six alicorn status. Let them fly and use magic. Just please don't make them all princesses.

I wouldn't enjoy this idea. I mean if they keep just turning them into alicorns then they are just pandering to what they think we would want i feel. I think that the Idea of twilight possibly outliving her friends would be a very very heart wrenching plot, I mean i am sure they would find a way around it but I feel like if they left it on a darker note not being able to it'd be more interesting. Though I don't know if it was confirmed that twilight is timeless like celestia and luna though, or Princess Cadance for that matter.

If all of them become Alicorns than they really aren't that different.  I mean yeah sure they still hold true to their elements of harmony and all that but still they would all have magic and be able to fly.  I'm not a huge fan of Twilight's new form, couldn't she just be a Unicorn Princess?

I honestly think they will. I heard that they are releasing an Alicorn Rarity seen in BinsToyBin if you were curious. I think it would be an interesting topic.

• Brohoof 1