Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Thoughts on Twilight's friends becoming Alicorns?

Sugardashjack

It would be very dissapointing to me to see this happen, and I will go mad as a hatter if it happens by the end of this season!  In fact I'm foolishly holding out hope that Twilight returns to normal, and Celestia says something like "when the time has come that your are needed as a princess you will ascend once more" or something along those lines. What's Twilight even the princess of? friendships? Rarity the Princess of Fashion would be just plain silly!

Applejack-Princess of Apples!

Okay, I see your point. (although isn't Pinkie Pie already the party princess?)

Twilight might get her own kingdom, but that could be pretty- dare I say it -boring. Then again, her wandering around ponyville as an Alicorn would be ridiculous.

post-20468-0-53575900-1383958298.png

Edited by WildStar
  • Brohoof 1

No just no, well I think it's illogical. I mean i personally think turning into an alicorn requires you being a unicorn. Because growning a horn is weird. also this pic will sum this up:

img-1545852-1-92077.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, there is a book floating about somewhere that talks about how Cadence became an Alicorn. I haven't actually read it, but it says she started out as a Pegasus. However, I have no idea if an Earth Pony could become an Alicorn. That would certainly be interesting huh.png  

• Brohoof 1

I really think they will. Everyone is posting pictures of what they will "supposedly look like"but these pictures are just edits of Princess Luna/ Celestia. The Mane 6 will raimain their original forms just with extra wings/ horns or both. These new ponies will supply Hasbro with extra merchandise and will open new story lines. E.G learning to fly, learning to use magic... As they are also Celestia's students now she will probably come to know them a lot better and give them each a difficult task to prove themselves worthy. If any of you have seen the official season 4 spoilers (you can find them on Youtube) you will see that Luna becomes Nightmare Moon once more. Maybe Twilight will become the new princess of the night. After all her name is TWILIGHT. I do agree that twilight became a princess a little too early but I'm sure the show will work around it. 

I kinda expect them to become alicorns in the series finale, due to possible merchandising opportunities. I won't mind if they become alicorns before that. They may not be the main students of Celestia, but they're walking the path of the elements together 

I probably wouldn't mind it if we didn't have enough alicorns already. 

But if Hasbro wants to go out with a bang, i'm sure they'd do it anyway. 

Sometimes I don't get our fellow fandom...we make fan art of something and talk about how cool it would be if this and that happens, then when Hasbro finally gives it to us we bugger and complain about it....img-1954949-1-wacko.png

For me, I wouldn't be so annoyed with Twilight's ascension if it was more substantial.  To be quite honest, I think Fluttershy is more deserving than Twilight because the shy pegasus helped reform Discord with Celestia making it sound like Fluttershy was the only pony who could do it.  

Anymore I find myself saddened with Hasbro heavily pushing their newest princess.  The two parter title is quite jarring where it's Princess Twilight while other episodes have been a little more witty/unique, such as Dragonshy, Feeling Pinkie Keen, and The Cutie Pox.  Though I will say that all episode titles aren't superb, such as Apple Family Reunion and Baby Cakes.

I've posted my thoughts, maybe more than once, about Twilight's friends becoming alicorns.  I just have to echo it by saying that at this point, I think all bets are off.  We saw those alicorn Twilight toys here and there, laughing them off as we thought it nothing but Hasbro experimenting.  With that Fluttershy Alicorn toy floating around, still not sure about that Rarity Alicorn Toy, we may want to expect the rest of them to become alicorns as part of some "glorious destiny" they must fulfill since "all little girls dream of being princesses."

• Brohoof 1

NO this entire series is a supported assension story twilights friends are there to support her becoming a princess!

and on her not outliving her friends, its just possible that because thy are the holders of the sprits of harmony that thy are immortal.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, Certainly. But the most likely is probably Rarity. She has had wings before. I Mean, what would happen is that. it will probably happen at the end of G4. Rainbow Dash leads the Pegasus Air Force. Rarity is a leading fashion designer. Fluttershy opens a zoo. Applejack gets into worldwide trade. Pinkie Pie is a DJ. and Twilight leads on.

I wouldn't care, but I don't see it happening either.

Twilight made sense (kind of). Being the protege of the highest authority in the kingdom sort of implies that the protege will eventually take over the master's responsibilities (or in this case, share them). However, none of the other ponies have any direct connection to either of the royal sisters, and the only one remotely close to that dream is Rarity, who has once or twice expressed the desire to become royalty (but not an alicorn specifically).

While it may make sense if the Mane 6 eventually go on to replace Celestia and Luna as protectors (and rulers) of Equestria, it's about as likely as Twilight going back to being a Unicorn; that is to say, it's very unlikely.

Edited by Twinhead B

I think that making them all alicorns would be (to quote Pinkie Pie) nervousciting, I would want to jump up and down but also curl up into a ball and forget that it ever happened. After the way twilicorn was recieved I highly doubt that the rest of the mane six will become alicorns.

I never really thought this was a possibility (I mean, c'mon...) but any doubts people could've had due to the elements of harmony needed to be wielded by the six and "replace" Celestia in case she can no longer defend Equestria, were definetly cleared with this season's premiere.

Now that they have lost elements of harmony, and imo, whatever is inside that box will probably be related to Twilight more than the Mane6 in general. I think it IS a possibility that Twilight might be Celestia's successor as the main ruler (I really hope that day is far FAR away though), but the other 5 don't all need to always be there, since all they taught Twilight is what allowed her to get where she is, and not necesarily their constant prescence at her side.

So no, I don't think the Mane6 will all become Alicorns.

I don't think its necesariy, nor would I like it at all, considering how Alicorns in general are already becoming too common. Lets be real here, while Twilight might've always be destined for this, there was no real reason for them to make Cadence an Alicorn other than Hasbro wanting to sell more Alicorn figures.

Edited by -Amethyst-

No just no, well I think it's illogical. I mean i personally think turning into an alicorn requires you being a unicorn. Because growning a horn is weird. also this pic will sum this up:

img-1545852-1-92077.jpg

Sorry, but I have to disargee. Princess Cadance (By what I found out) was a pegasus that  later grew a horn.

Anywas it will be possible at the same time, I've heard about this. This might sadly be the end of  Generation 4, if Hasbro decided to do this.  I don't believe that it will be the end to MLP but the begaining of a new generation...

Edited by ~Tian_Disharmony~
  • Brohoof 1

Hmm alicorn AJ princess of apples!  seriously the writers would have to come up with a doozy of a reason in world to pull of something like that without destroying the fan base even with a doozy of a reason they would loose a big chunk of their fans.  judging on the reaction some people still have about twilight's change of form.

I would agree with noodles on this just simply because I dont think all 5 need to be rewarded with high status just to make them look important or worthy. Twilight earned her place to be an alicorn, it wasn't neccissarily one of her dreams, she wanted to learn about magic and get good at it, so undoubtly becoming an alicorn was bound to happen to her. Rainbow Dash's dream is to become a wonderbolt, I want to see that happen to HER, not her become an alicorn, that was never her dream! I want Rarity to become famous in her clothing design and be the talk of Canterlot again! Fluttershy should be recongized as the best animal translator in all of equestria. I want AJ and her family to succeed in their farm more then they ever hoped for. Pinki pie is always happy I can't imagine her being an alicorn would change her image for the better lol.

Point being, Twilight reached her goals in becoming awsome in magic (turning into an alicorn is a show of such)

RD should become a wonderbolt not an alicorn

Rarity should be famous in fashion because thats HER passion

etc etc. You get the idea, they don't need to become alicorns to meet their goals and dreams.

• Brohoof 1

I'd say they at least become important figures, maybe not Princesses, but something a little lower than that. I'd bet on that being the series finale, seeing as how the rest of the mane 6 became Celestia's students after Lesson Zero.

Also, first post! Yay!

Of course, the fandom is so strong now that they know that ending this whole show will cause nothing but outrage.