Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Now that Twilight is a princess, she needs a place to rule. What do you think will be twilight's kingdom? Will one be made up for here, will she take over a present area, or will she just not have a kingdom in general?

It wouldn't make sense if she went somewhere else to rule, as even if her friends came with her, all the people she knew would be gone, and the place we all got used to would be gone... just too many things wrong if she had to leave.

Guess she's a princess-in-training, so she doesn't get a kingdom?

I dont think she'll get a kingdom she will be like Luna just have the ranking and doesn't rule over land or she will get a kingdom in a few years when Celestia thinks she is ready to rule a kingdom.

I echo everypony in saying that Twilight will more than likely not have her own kingdom, since she will be staying in Ponyville with her friends. I think even if she is going to rule a kingdom at some point, she is a long ways off from that. So no worries here. :)

• Brohoof 1

If Twilight does get her own kingdom it will most likely be in the series finale which will probably at the soonest be a few more seasons but with how popular the show has gotten and how much money it has made Hasbro due to the expanded fanbase they will want to keep it running as long as possible before they transition to G5.

Um well wouldn't that be like.. Canterlot...ish?

Haha but actually I don't think Twilight will continue as a ruler of any kingdom at all. I think she'll stay in ponyville.

In the foreseeable future? No Twilight's not getting her own "kingdom" anytime soon yet.Somewhere down the line? Yes that's actually a good possibility, considering that Celestia may very well be grooming Twilight to be her successor. She's already handed over the Elements of Harmony to Twilight and the Mane 6.

If Twilight does have her own kingdom, its not defined by any particular region or any imaginary or physical borders, resource or group of people. Twilight's kingdom is the Kingdom of Harmony which expands through friendship, and the other Mane 6 are her vassals, or perhaps more fittingly co-rulers, I know people are adverse to discussing religion on shows like this, even though MLP is heavily inspired by religions deliberately or not huh.png, but you have to think of Twilight not as a God or ruler with absolute power, despite what her title "Princess" would suggest. 

Twilight can be more likened to a saint, deity or enlightened person, (okay MAYBE a demi-God or one that is simply not omnipotent and nowhere close to being overpowered). She wields the power of friendship and together with her friends, harmony. But she, like the Mane 6, doesn't control the element, only utilizes it and wields it as a user. As we saw in the Discord Arc in Season 2, the elements are just as effectively neutralized if their wielders aren't worthy, or true to them.

I will say this though, the status of alicorns thus far gives them a title of official royalty that's widely recognized in Equestria, although its definitely not limited to them. I'm looking at you Blueblood ya primmed up pansy angry.png! By default I would say Twilight's de facto kingdom unofficially is Ponyville, though I can easily imagine an episode where Twilight is offered a chance to live in Canterlot or experience royalty, but passes it up for the chance to live as she did before in Ponyville, albeit as an alicorn, and have her friends simply be friends rather than vassals. 

• Brohoof 1

lets see..... I believe something is going to happen to celestia or celestia knows some epic thing will happen that equestria itself will be against some army of evil....(or something......blink.png ) but anyway, so by the means of this twilight might inherit equestria. laugh.png  

• Brohoof 1

I think it's merely a rank granted to her due to her exceptional skill and accomplishment throughout her time in Ponyville. It doesn't bear the same significance as it does with Celestia and Cadence in that they have their own kingdoms. Plus, it's already been confirmed Twilight isn't going to outlive the rest of her friends so thusfar, she's the only princess who isn't immortal (Cadence also being debatable).

• Brohoof 1

Okay so let's star off with princess celestia being a stalker because In season 3 on the last episode in her song she said I've watched you from that very first day stalker but thats not the point. Princess celestia and her sister princess Luna both rule eqeustria really, can dance and shinning armour rule the crystal empire so my real question is where is twilight going to rule? Are princess luna and celstia going to pass over the kingdom to twilight a let her rule or is she going to find new land and make a kingdom it's kind of a weird thing is twilight's kingdom going to be about magic you tell me message me on your though of twilight becoming an alicorn and were she is going to rule. Have a magical day !

• Brohoof 2

lets see..... I believe something is going to happen to celestia or celestia knows some epic thing will happen that equestria itself will be against some army of evil....(or something......img-1568142-1-blink.png ) but anyway, so by the means of this twilight might inherit equestria. img-1568142-2-laugh.png  

I think this is true, but if not there might be another one for her. This is clear hard to make episodes I think because the show is about friendship and Twilight can't leave her friends, if so it wouldn't be the same also if the rest goes too then Apple archers with go out of business because Big Mac couldn't do it alone. Fluttershy and rarity would to.

I don't think she will get her own kingdom.  Seeing as Equestria is already ruled by Celestia and Luna, where would she rule?  The only reason Cadance and Shining Armor are ruling the Crystal Empire is that it suddenly appeared and needed to be protected, previously it was just a frozen wasteland.  Unless another city suddenly appears, I don't think Twilight will get her own kingdom, I think she will be assigned to Ponyville. 

http://snytbaggen.deviantart.com/art/Kingdom-Not-Included-357532295  Like so.

She would definitely have her own kingdom. Since, Celestia & Luna are controlling Canterlot while Cadence is running the Crystal Empire so it would be fitting to have Twilight have her own kingdom to control.

The kingdom of Magic! It's just perfect a place where she can perfect her magic, and her subjects, i mean.... Magic kingdom! MAGIC KINGDOM!

~Tri-Dart

post-17346-0-40270500-1372434940.jpg

I don't think Twilight is going to get the keys to a kingdom just yet. It took Cadence a few years to get her own kingdom and I don't see any other kingdoms just appearing out of know where just for her.

The Kingdom of Ponyville.

Just build some walls around it, hire guards, build a castle from the library, and there you have it - Ponyville, the kingdom of friendship.

We have not seen every single bit of Equestria, but I doubt she'd be ruling elsewhere. More than likely, she will stay in Ponyville, but with some royal duties to perform. At least, that's what I'm assuming.

That's an interesting concept, and while I doubt it's going to happen anytime soon, it's an idea I think should be explored further down the road. I'd love to see what they'd do with that. :D 

• 2 weeks later...

Will twilight rule a kingdom or help rule equestria with celestia and luna or will she be with cadence at the crystal empire or will there be a new kingdom that she is going to rule over ooorrrrrrr will she stay in pony ville?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

That's what im trying to figure out too, But i honestly think she's not going to go that far from pony ville,  I think she end up doing somthing similar to Princess Cadence.

I don't think i was too clear with my guess (for you it might make pefect sense but it's just nagging at me)

Twilight might graduly become ruler of a small section of the kingdom over time just like cadence had done, becuse in my opinion helping celeastia seems unlikly. She already has the help of Luna and the nobility (even thogh i dont think the nobillity really do anything) But if twilight ruled over a small part of the kingdom where would it be?

Edited by Kommandant Henkil