Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Box Office Estimates?

Best Pony

What do you think will be box office (ticket) sales for the weekend?

What do you think will be the box office sales for the 1st week?

And so on for the whole season?

Each person only gets 1 guess per post.but unlimited non-double posts.

Things we know:

1. Equestria Girls only showed in US and Canadian Theatres.

2. This is a limited showing and smaller compared to big blockbuster films that are being released this weekend: e.g. Man of Steel.

Do we have any indication on how long the theatre run itself will be? I'm hearing that they're still trying to arrange second runs in a different theatre set.

Do we have any indication on how long the theatre run itself will be? I'm hearing that they're still trying to arrange second runs in a different theatre set.

The theatres near me will be showing it for 4 weeks long, which is why I'm giving a timeframe of 1 weekend to 1 month.

I'm now guessing Equestria Girls can raked in $5 million in the opening weekend.

It will perform better than the Oogieloves if that's any consolidation.

Honestly I think more bronies will see it then young girls. A ton of bronies are looking for the closest showing.. And I'm not sure young girls are aware of the Equestria girls brand yet. I mean where has it advertised?

Tons and tons of curious bronies and pegasisters will see it. A large portion of the fandom will at least give it a chance, this I am sure of.

Don't let the fan disapproval fool you. This movie will be hot with bronies.

More than enough little girls will beg their parents to take them to it so I'm pretty sure that the movie will be very succesful

I'm guessing that the movie will definitely earn a lot of money, it depends on how much was spent on the movie. The money earned might be worth more than some of the movies out. Not more than Man of Steel or World War Z, but it earns money.

(edited)

It'll probably break even at the very least (I certainly hope), but the fact that the movie doesn't seem to be playing anywhere in my general area indicates to me that it most likely won't eclipse even the least popular Summer blockbuster in terms of ticket sales.

Edited by Lowline

(edited)

As an update on this topic: It seems that Equestria Girls was so successful that theaters are demanding more showings:

http://www.dailymarkets.com/stock/2013/07/01/exhibitors-adding-showings-of-my-little-pony-equestria-girls-due-to-consumer-demand/

I think this is good news for MLP movies.  If the first one did great then we can surely expect more movies!

Edited by Best Pony

(edited)

I am glad that it was a success, but I hope if they make another movie that it will be a Friendship Is Magic movie as there are top of epic things they could do to make a really good movie.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 1