DITR

I'm pretty sure that the comics are passed off as pseudo-canon, meaning that while they could be counted as canon, the events have little impact on the events of the show and won't be referenced in the show, so they could be considered non-canon. The comics are more like a bit of flavor text for those that are interested in that sort of thing.

That's my problem with it; no one knows if the comics are considered official canon or not. Throwing them around like they're concrete canon, like what happens in the television show, is a bit grating on me. Using things from the comics as evidence when discussing the show itself, basically. You don't know if it's canon or not, and if you want to consider it canon, ok; however, don't use it as evidence when it isn't official, you know? Especially since not everyone considers it official, myself included :D

• Brohoof 1

- I dislike pretty much all the songs

- Applejack is the worst Mane 6 pony

- Equestria Girls sucked SO HARD

- I hate how Twilight has gone from student to one of the most powerful ponies so quickly (I'm not opposed to it, I wish it had just happened a couple of seasons or so later :S )

That's my problem with it; no one knows if the comics are considered official canon or not. Throwing them around like they're concrete canon, like what happens in the television show, is a bit grating on me. Using things from the comics as evidence when discussing the show itself, basically. You don't know if it's canon or not, and if you want to consider it canon, ok; however, don't use it as evidence when it isn't official, you know? Especially since not everyone considers it official, myself included :D

It also bothers me that none of the staff want to make any strides towards declaring the comics canon or non-canon.

btw, does anyone else get the impression that Rainbow Dash could've also taken Twilight's role as the titular character? I don't know why, but she just seems to have a special something about her that makes her stand out as a main character. Maybe its her aspiration to join the Wonderbolts or her element of loyalty, but she really strikes me as a leader type like Twilight, albeit not as smart. Twilight and RD just make a good "brains & brawns" combo to me.

It also bothers me that none of the staff want to make any strides towards declaring the comics canon or non-canon.

btw, does anyone else get the impression that Rainbow Dash could've also taken Twilight's role as the titular character? I don't know why, but she just seems to have a special something about her that makes her stand out as a main character. Maybe its her aspiration to join the Wonderbolts or her element of loyalty, but she really strikes me as a leader type like Twilight, albeit not as smart. Twilight and RD just make a good "brains & brawns" combo to me.

I think it's Rainbow's goal, she's the only one of the Mane 6 except Twilight to have a high goal that she's working for that she hasn't yet achieved, and that's very difficult to get. Definitely a titular character trait.

I'm not knocking on the others' goals, they are just as important and worthwhile, they just aren't as difficult to reach as being a professional athlete.

Hm, I think a spinoff about Rainbow would be really worth watching. :3

Rainbow is a very good candidate for being a leader, especially now that she's been learning about containing her pride and competitive behavior. I bet she will end up captain of the Wonderbolts.

• Brohoof 1

-Sombra was a good villain and I wish they would bring him back in the comics so they can expand on him more.

-As much as I love the show I do have to say the stories in the comics are better

Well he kind of made a comeback in the newest comic arc... well alternate dimension good Sombra actually, but I'll take it!

I think it's Rainbow's goal, she's the only one of the Mane 6 except Twilight to have a high goal that she's working for that she hasn't yet achieved, and that's very difficult to get. Definitely a titular character trait.

I'm not knocking on the others' goals, they are just as important and worthwhile, they just aren't as difficult to reach as being a professional athlete.

Hm, I think a spinoff about Rainbow would be really worth watching. :3

Rainbow is a very good candidate for being a leader, especially now that she's been learning about containing her pride and competitive behavior. I bet she will end up captain of the Wonderbolts.

Or she may go on to make a team of elite flyers of her own that manages to be on par with or surpass the Wonderbolts. Either way, it won't be a surprise if she does become the new Wonderbolts leader. Truth be told, I can probably imagine the dreams of most of the Mane 6.

• Twilight: Become a researcher of magic that develops new spells and ultimately guides the new generation of Equestrians towards a bright future.
  • Rainbow Dash: Become the captain of the Wonderbolts and create a team capable of properly protecting Equestria from harm.
  • Rarity: Become the greatest fashionista of Equestria and retire in peace with one that she can call her significant other.
  • Fluttershy: Befriend all animals of Equestria and, ultimately, create the first complete encyclopedia of all of Equestria's creatures (including Dragons).

Admittedly, the dreams of Pinkie Pie and Applejack are still a total mystery to me (does anyone find it weird that it's the Earth Ponies that don't have a clear goal in mind?). Perhaps Applejack would eventually want to make life flourish outside of Equestria's borders. I really don't know.

Or she may go on to make a team of elite flyers of her own that manages to be on par with or surpass the Wonderbolts. Either way, it won't be a surprise if she does become the new Wonderbolts leader. Truth be told, I can probably imagine the dreams of most of the Mane 6.

• Twilight: Become a researcher of magic that develops new spells and ultimately guides the new generation of Equestrians towards a bright future.
  • Rainbow Dash: Become the captain of the Wonderbolts and create a team capable of properly protecting Equestria from harm.
  • Rarity: Become the greatest fashionista of Equestria and retire in peace with one that she can call her significant other.
  • Fluttershy: Befriend all animals of Equestria and, ultimately, create the first complete encyclopedia of all of Equestria's creatures (including Dragons).

Admittedly, the dreams of Pinkie Pie and Applejack are still a total mystery to me (does anyone find it weird that it's the Earth Ponies that don't have a clear goal in mind?). Perhaps Applejack would eventually want to make life flourish outside of Equestria's borders. I really don't know.

I think AJ's goal is to keep the farm running, and perhaps to expand the Apple family's business to make more money.

Pinkie Pie, hmm, maybe be a professional event planner? Or a pro baker, since she is studying under the Cakes.

-I hate Twilight with a burning passion.

-I think making her an alicorn just makes her more of a Mary Sue.

-Luna is the only princess I like and stand.

-I think King Sombra is the best villain.

-I really don't like Discord.

• Brohoof 1

-I hate Twilight with a burning passion.

-I think making her an alicorn just makes her more of a Mary Sue.

-Luna is the only princess I like and stand.

-I think King Sombra is the best villain.

-I really don't like Discord.

I agree with all of those except the last two.

I love Discord... And Sombra was meh

• Brohoof 1

I think AJ's goal is to keep the farm running, and perhaps to expand the Apple family's business to make more money.

Pinkie Pie, hmm, maybe be a professional event planner? Or a pro baker, since she is studying under the Cakes.

You just gave me the idea for a pretty good episode. Imagine if Rarity brought along Applejack for a trip to Manehattan, and during the trip, the two meet Applejack's more sophisticated side of the family tree: The Oranges. Rarity gets to enjoy hanging out with the Oranges, but their presence and possibly condescending attitude gets on Applejack's nerves.

• Brohoof 4

-Even though I agree that Equestria Girls was badly made, I still found it entertaining.

-I found Discord overrated until I saw his performance in Twilights Kingdom.

(edited)

I feel that Twilight Sparkle is kinda boring now. This past season we've only seen her being a perpetual voice of reason, and she is presented as knowing all there is to know about friendship. I think it's because her original main flaw, not wanting friends, has been paved over too smoothly. There's no hints of her past lifestyle as a loner, and it feels like she's been a social butterfly all her life now.

This flawlessness is something Celestia, Cadance, and possibly reformed Luna suffer from too, but they appear so rarely that it never bugs me. But with Twilight, she's in almost every episode. My main reason for liking her and finding her adventures interesting was to see how and if she achieves her goal of making good friends and becoming friendly. Now that she has, she's a bit boring. Her path to becoming a competent princess was interesting for a while, but it seems that that's been solved now too. I think it's a similar reason to why Applejack isn't as popular as the other mane 6, she isn't very flawed.

(Not that flaws are a good thing, but they are realistic, no one in real life is flawless, and they make a character interesting as we watch them grow)

I kind of hope that the next season will either focus more on the other ponies, or somehow make Twilight less of a, sorry to say, Mary Sue. I actually wouldn't mind having a new main cast starring in a subsequent season, it would give the writers much more fresh material to work with.

You just gave me the idea for a pretty good episode. Imagine if Rarity brought along Applejack for a trip to Manehattan, and during the trip, the two meet Applejack's more sophisticated side of the family tree: The Oranges. Rarity gets to enjoy hanging out with the Oranges, but their presence and possibly condescending attitude gets on Applejack's nerves.

I like that! I know Rarity and the Oranges would get along great, and maybe it would temporarily wedge AJ and Rarity's friendship apart, especially if AJ gets jealous.

Edited by nami438

This is gonna be good.

- I simply don't know what everyone's deal is with Vinyl Scratch and Derpy, yet I don't think this of Dr. Whooves.

- I never really liked A Canterlot Wedding that much.

- I didn't really like Winter Wrap Up.

- I still don't know whether I like or dislike Pinkie Pie.

- The main reason I watched season 03 is because Discord made an appearance, even though I liked most of the episodes.

- I always think the music in the show is overrated but then I end up liking the songs.

(edited)

Another few of mines.

-Flutterbat (and bat ponies in general) is annoying and overrated

-I like earth ponies more than unicorns and pegasi

-I like and appreciate Spike since the beginning

-There's no point in flufflepuff

-There's too many songs in the show

-Not every event in the show NEEDS a song about it

Edited by Jamaican Jam
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

~Twilight is my least fave of the mane 6

~Need more Zecora

~Need more Octavia

I'm stealing these three from :Flutterdash: lol.  I don't necessarily dislike Twilight, but I think she gets a disproportionate amount of / too much screentime.  Which potentially detracts from Dashie's screentime, and that is unacceptable!!1!

And although I don't hardcore hate anything about the show (I think "hate" is an overused word with respect to entertainment in general), I...

...Don't especially care for the CMC.  Granted, I haven't seen much of the show yet, but they strike me as rather single-minded (yes, I get it - you want your tramp stamps cutie marks), and their episodes just didn't hold as much appeal for me.  And, again, they detract from Dashie's overall screentime lol.

Dunno if this is unpopular or not, but I thought RD rocked the supposedly "bad" dress in "Suited for Success."

Edited by PegaMister
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I hate trixie

I hate alicorn twilight cause she ruins the show

I think discord is over rated

season 4 fianle was total garbage

everything in season 4 ((except for coco and maud)) was awful, the worst season 

i want the show to be canceled so they cant mess it up anymore

i rainbow dash is useless and overated 

• Brohoof 1

First of all, my siggy.

Now, some more stuffz:

Most of the {pony} is a {item} jokes have become cOLD mOLD.

I don't like Apple Family Reunion that much.

Angel and Opalescence are best pets.

Owl's Well the Ends Well is an underrated episode.

Luna is overrated (but I still like her)

The "Mary Sue" phrase is thrown around too much these days. It's like I've never seen one character NOT get that insult.

I only read Equestria Daily for the show-related topics, like when Season 5 will air and all that. Most of the other ones are just Sethisto going "lololol tricksee is bst pone"

Wonderbolts Academy could have been MUUUUCH better.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I love Celestia (well, mostly TROLLESTIA, but still).

I actually really like Gilda.

I like Twilicorn (although I admit Twilight is starting to turn into quite the Mary Sue).

Flim and Flam were cool villians!

As much as I like Cadence, I gotta admit that her personality is as Mary Sue-ish and undeveloped as it gets (besides Celestia of course).

I don't believe that Fluttershy's personality is as thin as a paper cup, but is actually very complex.

I think Rainbow Dash is a really cool character (although I do agree that she is overrated!)

I love Silver Spoon, and wished that the show would delve into her personality a bit more.

I like Equestria Girls, but it definitely is not my favorite, and I separate it from the actual show (which I personally believe is MUCH better).

I don't hate season 1 (sure the first couple of episodes are kinda meh, but that's how most tv shows seem to be!)

Will add more when I think of them.

Edited by Curly Swirl
  • Brohoof 1

I like every episode even if they were "bad episodes" sure they were either bad for a certain character or bad in general. I still found them enjoyable.

THIS a million times over! I feel the exact same way. I mean, not every episode is gonna be a grand star winner right? And you gotta appreciate all the hard work that went into making them... I enjoy all of them to some degree. ^_^

• Brohoof 2