Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's the biggest surprise you've experienced?

CorruptedPegasus

What's the biggest surprise you've had while watching MLP? Mine, personally, was during the season 2 premier when Celestia opened the box containing the Elements of Harmony, only to find that they had been stolen by Discord.

• Brohoof 1

Finding out that Princess Luna only got one damn episode, sure she is in some of other ones for like a min or 2 but it's like come on now we need more Luna! that and the Parasprites.... man did not see that coming...

• Brohoof 1

The BIGGEST surprise I have ever encountered on the series of MLP is the reveal in the Canterlot Wedding...

Chrysalis_ceremony_podium_cropped_S2E26.

Chrysalis... not only was it out of NOWHERE, but it was one heck of a plot twist, along with the reveal of another species in the series, changelings.... 

• Brohoof 3

170616+-+animated+A_Canterlot_Wedding+eP

Shining's being revealed in the finale. Suddenly, the fairly mane-est (lol) character has a sibling. As everyone knows, it came out of complete nowhere. It turned out to be an excellent change though, despite how sudden it was, which only added to my surprise. By the time Chrysalis came around, I was already expecting some new villain, so there wasn't as much surprise there.

• Brohoof 7

Even though I quite dislike A Canterlot Wedding, Chrysalis's reveal shocked me. I knew something was up with Cadance, then after the after real Cadance showed up I got more curious, then BAM! Changeling.

• Brohoof 1

Cadance being a changeling was quite surprising. Not just any changeling, but the Queen herself! ohmy.png

Since that was already mentioned though, I'll pick another. What really surprised me was when Trixie came back and conquered Ponyville. Some might have seen it coming, but I didn't. After all, she was just in one episode and no other after that. Watching her come back and becoming corrupted by that amulet was neat.

(edited)

The biggest surprise I have experienced so far is Fluttershy going crazy in The Best Night ever. I was like "No! Fluttershy what are you doing, this isn't you! No, why would you scream at the animals! Oh sweet Celestia why is this happening!"  so basically I was very surprised Fluttershy would act like that.

Edited by Super Derpy

My biggest surprise was actually deciding on what my favorite Applejack episode was after watching Apple Family Reunion, Applejack trying so hard to honor her parents memory really spoke to me because I have had many relatives die including my Dad and made me fanboy even harder over Applejack than I already was which is saying quite a bit.

• Brohoof 1

Biggest surprise? Well probably finding out that Rainbow Dash was a mare.

Nah, I think the biggest surprise for me, though I think the episode is a pile of trash, was Lyra talking during A Canterlot Wedding.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Lesson Zero. The whole episode. It's one of my favorites, yes. But I never thought that they would pull of something like this. I just sat there when Twilight went all "Hi Gurlz!", with both, shock and amusement. I didn't know if I should laugh or desperate until it ended. It was so genius in-character but exxagerated and disturbing at the same time that it needed a bit to "sink in". But now I love that episode.

Edited by StatesTheOblivious
  • Brohoof 1

Surprises can either be in relation to the plot, or in relation to events that you'd probably never expect to happen. Because I definitely know the biggest surprise for the latter.

This face.

688885598.jpg

I hadn't seen the preview clip of this event... so the first time I saw this, I was so surprised I paused the video; and then realised how god damn hilarious it was. laugh.png  Good ol' Pinkie!

• Brohoof 2

The biggest surprise for me was in Canterlot wedding when Shining Armour told off Twilight then so did everyone else. Just when I thought there was nothing wrong with Cadance after all and feeling totally depressed after the reprise she comes along and traps Twilight in evil green flame. That was a double hit of surprises. 

Also in the crystal empire episode when Pinkie Pie took off her Fluttershy costume. blink.png

The biggest surprise for me would be, that two earth ponies can give birth to a pegasus and a unicorn. That was a surprise in that episode.

The other one like everyone else said, was Chrysalis. In Canterlot wedding I knew it was a fake, but I did not expect that.