Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How to buy pony toys without looking weird.

Sergios117

Best idea is to grab whatever you want, but also grab some simple generic Pinkie Pie toy as well. If somebody comments, you take the Pinkie Pie toy and throw it at them, and then check out the actual toy that you want.

• Brohoof 2

I had one of toughs moments the other day. i decided i was going to check the pony stuff at toys r us n there was an employee in the isle so i slipped off without being seen. then I thought "why do I care?" so i just went right back, said "excuse me" n looked at what i wanted to... sadly they had nothing worth buying, but still whats the point if were going to let outdated societal expectations keep us from enjoying what we enjoy? life's too short for that.

also I'm usually buying ponies along with transformers so most just think i'm a Hasbro collector  ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Step 1: Grow long, luscious hair

Step 2: Walk into the store slowly

Step 3: Flip your man hair

Step 4: Find pony toys

Step 5: Stride over to the cashier

Step 6: Tell the cashier you want those toys in your best Elvis impression

Step 7: If cashier is a girl then wink. If the cashier is a man, then give him the Fluttershy stare.

Step 8: Rip off shirt and yell, "GRAAAH!"

Step 9: Leave

Step 10: Jump up and down like a boss and then slide into your car

Step 11: Enjoy your toys

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Depends on where you buy it and how you feel about buying MLP merch. If it is a comic or collectibles shop, just go in and buy it like it doesn't mean a thing. If you are in a toy or department store, do the same thing. If your embarrassed, pick up a girly birthday card or gift bag (any such item will do). Another possibility is to write what you want in really messy writing, and ask someone who works there to decipher your "little sister's" birthday list.

The final option: go in wearing as much wearable merch possible, go straight to the ponies, pick one up, walk to the checkout, pay, go home, go into Pinkie mode as you relish and celebrate over in this new item.

Coming from most of my friends who work at retail stores, they don't care or even pay attention to what people are buying. Remember, no one is really paying attention to you unless you mean to draw attention to yourself. You may be seen, but honestly the level of their concern in your purchases is just about as high as your level of concern in their purchases. Besides, who cares? You're giving the store your money, I think that's all that matters to the employees. And as far I as other shoppers, as long as you aren't making a spectacle of it or asking them to pay for it, they couldn't give a rat's butt if you get a pony, a bunch of condoms, a large pink tutu, and a zombie target practice set.

I just buy my stuff, flirt with the cashiers, and leave. :)

Buy it online!

If your'e that shy of a pony togo to the cash with just pony merch,then you can usually find it online. That is if you have means for paying for stuff online. I use Pay Pal for all my online purchases. Quick and easy.

That said I buy stuff instore sometimes...I actually got asked by the cashier once if I liked MLP, and I said yea. She was totally cool with it.

another time I was at checkout at Value Village with wo bags of pony toys...and the cashier turned out to be a Pegasister..she gave me a bro-hoof...I'll never forget it. My non-brony friend was with me at the time...he thought it was weird.

Edited by Flutter Dash

• 7 years later...
On 2013-07-11 at 2:26 AM, Zero said:

Or you could be a proud brony and go and buy them without caring what other's think.

That's what I do! I just buy merch like anything else. I don't need to be ashamed of it. Actually, every one of the cashiers I've seen don't seem to care about me buying MLP stuff.