Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Diamond Tiara's Personal Issue with Apple Bloom

Mywas

Anyone noticed That Diamond Tiara has some kind of a personal Issue with Apple Bloom? This whole "Blank Flank" think seems like a cover-up because she only bullies  Apple Bloom and her friends and she was able to be friends with Bab Seeds even if she was a blank Flank. Silver Spoon is just a Yes-man who wants to be one of the cool kids and If it wasn't for Apple Bloom Sweetie and Scootaloo might not even know Diamond Tiara. Whats intresting in here is that Diamond Tiaras Dad Filthy Rich .and the Apple family seem to have a great relation ship with each other and Apple Bloom have been nice To Diamond Tiara in some scenes while the only time Diamon was nice to Apple Bloom was when she was bringing her good articles for the newspaper. Perhabs it has to do with an old memory that made Diamond hate Apple Bloom so bad. 

Thoughts?

• Brohoof 5

I have wondered about that, maybe something happended related to them, or maybe even it is some issue between granny smith and filthy rich, although I doubt it due to how they act towards each other compared to diamond tiara and apple bloom.

I'm not sure I have theories for what though, it's possible she does just bully her for the heck of it idk.

However I do think that diamond tiara knew scootaloo and sweetiebelle, I mean they said they hated her, so she mustve done something around or to them

I think of it as this way (put on your tinfoil hats!):

Applebloom has a loving family that do everything with her that she can always rely on.

Diamond Tiara has a Dad who is a workaholic because of barnyard bargins, and although he is idolized by her, making money is much much more important. Her mum is a long gone gold digger then left the family when she was very young after taking as much money as possible from her dad.

In short she hates Applebloom, not from anything she has done, because she has what she herself does not have; A loving family.

• Brohoof 10

(edited)

Applebloom has a loving family that do everything with her that she can always rely on.

Diamond Tiara has a Dad who is a workaholic because of barnyard bargins, and although he is idolized by her, making bits is much much more important. Her mum is a long gone gold digger then left the family when she was very young after taking as much bits as possible from her dad.

In short she hates Applebloom, not from anything she has done, because she has what she herself does not have; A loving family.

I'm not sure about it at this point but I would agree with that statement. She doesn't understand love or even real friendship but she idolizes power because in her point of view, it is the only thing in her life. Bits is representative of that power. It would rationalize the antagonism between them.

Edited by ILetThePoniesIn

Or maybe she's just a little bitch who picks a target to focus on because she has some kind of unhealthy self-destructive obsession with giving someone a hard time. I've met someone like that. In high school there was this kid who followed me home from school asking the same questions every day, just general being an obnoxious prick who just wanted to break me. There was no "Why me" question to ask because he just picked me at random for no particular reason. I just crossed his path and he thought he'd make my life difficult. Had a whole stalker thing too it was really messed up. Following me all the way home then left, waited outside me house staring. I think he was mentally ill.

Oh yeah we're talking about Diamond Tiara. Yeah she probably just envies Appleblooms family. She wants her parents to die too.

Or maybe she's just a little bitch who picks a target to focus on because she has some kind of unhealthy self-destructive obsession with giving someone a hard time. I've met someone like that. In high school there was this kid who followed me home from school asking the same questions every day, just general being an obnoxious prick who just wanted to break me. There was no "Why me" question to ask because he just picked me at random for no particular reason. I just crossed his path and he thought he'd make my life difficult. Had a whole stalker thing too it was really messed up. Following me all the way home then left, waited outside me house staring. I think he was mentally ill.

Dude, I don't know how to tell this. but that guy is totally checking you out. I hope you too have a healthy life together....You should tell somebody because he might want to hurt you

Have you got another one for me, because I think you might be on to something. I am not sure if her Mom left her, but I think it is likely that her Dad dosen't pay much attention to her due to his own greed and her Mother is likely to be one those social climbers who care about getting in and sucking up to the "important ponies" to secure their status.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

OBJECTION!!
If you look closer at Diamond's family, you'll start to notice how busy and big they are. What I have heard from another, Diamond has it out for Apple Bloom because she has something she doesn't, and that's a loving family that pays attention to her. Diamond Tiara's family is rich, therefore busy. In case you didn't notice, Diamond's mom is never around either. I rest thy case. :3

Edited by shotagirl9
  • Brohoof 1

I think that Diamond Tiara's issue with Apple Bloom is, that Apple Bloom has a family that she can spend time with and not being distracted by work or personal business communications. While, Diamond Tiara has her best friend Silver Spoon and her father who is always busy with business plus we never saw Diamond Tiara's mother.

Have you got another one for me, because I think you might be on to something. I am not sure if her Mom left her, but I think it is likely that her Dad dosen't pay much attention to her due to his own greed and her Mother is likely to be one those social climbers who care about getting in and sucking up to the "important ponies" to secure their status.

Its possible that her mother is even a unicorn, and that she lives in canterlot to appeal better to the important ponies. The fact that Diamond Tiara never inherited the unicorn trates is just another blow to her and why she never wants to be affiliated with her "family". 

(edited)

She picks on them for being blank flanks. She overlooked it with Babs because Babs sided with her. Standard bitch mentality, nothing all that deep there.

Though I can't imagine her parents are any kind of decent given how she goes around acting and getting away with it...

Edited by Xanatos

She picks on them for being blank flanks. She overlooked it with Babs because Babs sided with her. Standard bitch mentality, nothing all that deep there.

Though I can't imagine her parents are any kind of decent given how she goes around acting and getting away with it...

What are you talking about? If you did not notice Filthy Rich Made Diamond Tiara sing with the other fillies. if anything Diamond Tiara herself has shown some decent traits in the show

Hmmm, as nice as the "DT has a horrible dysfunctional family" theory is, I'd be wary of subscribing to that, given how little actual background we have on her family (we've seen all of one episode's worth of Filthy Rich, who seems like a super guy, and remember that in MLP, lack of parental screentime does not mean lack of parent full stop). Plus it seems like it's a little too dark and deep for MLP.

I'm more inclined to think that DT's simply just a little jerk. She picked Apple Bloom to mess with originally on account of her blank flank and that was it. But notice that Apple Bloom and her friends always get the upper hand and get some kind of karmic revenge on her in the end. That'd be enough for DT to put the CMC on her shit-list and establish Apple Bloom in particular as her arch nemesis.

So basically, DT is a spoiled little brat who is WAY to used to getting things her way and Apple Bloom constantly throws a spanner into the works for her, and it pisses her off enough to keep taking the mick out of AB and her pals.

And also note that DT was cool with them when they became jerks writing for the paper. She's pleased when people follow her lead and do as she wants and act as bitchy as she does (hence her friendship with SS), and immediately went back to being pissed at them once they went all goody-two-shoes again.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

if anything Diamond Tiara herself has shown some decent traits in the show

...Such as?

And yeah, he made her sing. Maybe he should stamp out the rest of her prejudiced nonsense while he's at it. Making her sing with them once is a bandaid. Teaching her when she's wrong is a cure. One is what a lazy parent does, one is what a good parent does. Honestly though, I don't believe that crap. I think she's just a brat for no good reason. But that theory isn't as fun. :lol:

Edited by Xanatos

Diamond Tiara has a Dad who is a workaholic because of barnyard bargins, and although he is idolized by her, making money is much much more important. Her mum is a long gone gold digger then left the family when she was very young after taking as much money as possible from her dad.

Wow i loved your idea i agree 100 percent it makes perfect and would add so much character depth to her and i love to do that to character people over look or don't like. Still if they did this in the show I don't think they would call her a gold digger maybe a gem digger:)

(edited)

And also note that DT was cool with them when they became jerks writing for the paper. She's pleased when people follow her lead and do as she wants and act as bitchy as she does (hence her friendship with SS), and immediately went back to being pissed at them once they went all goody-two-shoes again.

Actually I would think something like that. She one day will take over he dad's business and her cutie mark is a tiara so she must have being a leader as her special talent. so when she sees Apple Bloom not doing what she she feels threatened.

Edited by What

Diamond Tiara's bullying of Apple Bloom reminds me of Helga's bullying of Arnold. Maybe Diamond Tiara has a little crush.

/headcanon

Wow i loved your idea i agree 100 percent it makes perfect and would add so much character depth to her and i love to do that to character people over look or don't like. Still if they did this in the show I don't think they would call her a gold digger maybe a gem digger:)

Hehe, yeah gem digger sounds much more my little pony like!

I think it may also address an avenue within the show that hasn't really been done to much (I mean we have family relation's but not in this spin)! 

• 1 month later...

Hey here's a little plugging for my own topic. http://mlpforums.com/topic/73107-diamond-tiaras-mom-is-a-nurse/#entry1834983

I noticed recently that one of the nurses from Read it and Weep is almost a carbon copy of Diamond Tiara. And of course nurses are always on call. Ol Diamond Tiara wants that attention for herself. So I think you're on the ball, just that her mom is still there and just is too busy working at the hospital to pay much attention to her;

Family is the best theory I've heard so far. Apple Bloom's family is always there and she can depend on them; there's no indication that Diamond has that. She's been a one-note bully for long enough; I hope they make this canon in S4 so that Diamond seems a little more human, so to speak.

I'm having a hard time believing that the reason Diamond Tiara acts bad towards Apple Bloom is because of family. To what it looks like Diamond Tiara has a very nice day dad and he spends time with her. Even during times of important business. FR let her come to the business talk with the Apple Family about the zap apples. He even came to that family day thing at school. So it shows he does make time for her.

It could be because of the money and power her family has, she thinks she is better than everyone else. And those without a cutie mark or power are destined to fail.

Still more background and character development is need before a proper meaning is shown.   

Edited by pinkiefan1287
  • Brohoof 1

Where do you see that he is a workaholic or the fact that he cherishes money over his family? Where did you get the information about the mother?

>.< Or is it just because he is a rich business pony that he is instantly seen as a bad father, a money-grubber, and workaholic?

If you want a cold-hearted business man look no further than:

sabaku_no_ale27.png

Edited by DiscordAnarchy
  • Brohoof 1

Here's my thoughs: Diamond Tiara is a spoiled little "princess" who is used to always having everypony give her whatever she wants.  Therefore, she can push all the others around and bully them as much as she wants.  

Apple Bloom is more spirited than most, though (she definitely takes after her sister), so Diamond Tiara sees her as a threat to her established pecking system in the school.  Because of this, she feels the need to bully her and her friends twice as hard as everypony else as a means of keeping them "in their place."

I believe the only reason she was "friends" with Babs was just to keep her away from the Cutie Mark Crusaders...  to keep the threat to a minimum of three.  Additionally, by taking Babs away from her cousin, Diamond Tiara knew that she was hurting Apple Bloom the most and probably saw it as a "punishment" of sorts.  Again, she's sending a message to Apple Bloom that she can do whatever she wants, and nopony can stop her or stand up to her.

Of course, there are scenes in which Diamond Tiara appears to behave civilly toward Apple Bloom and her Friends.  As  mentioned in the original post, there was the episode about the school paper in which she backed off on them and treated them just like everypony else, but I don't believe this was necessarily being "nice"; I think it had more to do with the fact that she was finally in a position of power over them and knew that she had them where she wanted them already.  The other episode I can think of is the zap apple episode, in which she seems to be giving Apple Bloom "advice" about Granny Smith and not  wanting to  be seen with her.  I think it's pretty obvious that she only made these comments to make Apple Bloom feel bad, but it may have  also been  just another way to try and force her to conform to Diamond Tiara's perception of normalcy.

Am I making sense here?

• Brohoof 1

I've thought about this for a while before coming to my own conclusions. I think people have bad feelings about Diamond Tiara but she really isn't that bad. Certainly not to the extent that some think she's an evil character. But there are a lot of aspects about cutie marks and statuses that are involved in the conflict between DT and AB. A higher status means a lot to DT and her family by extension. I think that the mane motivation for DT is the thought of being superior. Being able to upstage AB. For example, in "Call of the Cutie", DT backs away when she believes that AB had gotten her own Cutie Mark because then DT does not automatically have something to feel superior about. In that episode, I am not sure that DT is aware of the family life at Sweet Apple Acres. Does she try to annoy Twist equally as AB until she received her mark? 

So, it is possible that Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon may have had bad family lives. But that is not certain. And any theory can be put towards both characters equally. Overall, DT is unique because she has good and bad traits. She is focused and a determined individual and also has leadership qualities. And she can be very adorable too.

35150__safe_animated_diamond-tiara.gif

Edited by ILetThePoniesIn
  • Brohoof 2